Spell damage staffs?

Just curious if there is any point to items like this (high spell damage staff):

Seems like Wand + Shield or Wand + Wand would always be better
With one handers and shields you're limited to 3-links. With a staff you can have 4 to 6-links. There are also crit nodes at the top of the passive skill tree which are globally in effect while holding a staff.

However, in most cases wand/dagger/shield are indeed better.
You could have a 6 link staff and a 6 link or 5 link armor.
That would benefit some builds a lot but expensive.

I've tried to trade staffs with spell damage plus crits and no one seemed to want because paying to link it is not appealing. If you happened to roll this on a 6 link, I'm sure you would have people interested but it is missing cast speed. I think the wand/shield is just more economically effective and usually higher spell damage.
Last edited by raziekeljr on Feb 13, 2014, 12:08:26 PM
Someone building some kind of ek/caster with a legacy Kaom's heart might be interested in it, otherwise no one else is gonna really be to interested in it.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Last edited by FullBlownDaddy on Feb 13, 2014, 12:25:08 PM
actually...

staffs are BiS for casters, imo, but they are way way harder to be crafted that way.

the reason is that gem level is of outmost importance for spells, and that staffs are the only reliable way to have +6 gem level to a spell which usually results in more than a straight +40-60% MORE damage.

it's trully great, and usually untainable to craft though since you need something like:

+1gem level
+2 fire/cold/light gem level
+x% spell damage
+y% cast speed.

AND the links to accomodate an empower-spell-supports
"
shroudb wrote:
actually...

staffs are BiS for casters, imo, but they are way way harder to be crafted that way.

the reason is that gem level is of outmost importance for spells, and that staffs are the only reliable way to have +6 gem level to a spell which usually results in more than a straight +40-60% MORE damage.

it's trully great, and usually untainable to craft though since you need something like:

+1gem level
+x% spell damage
+y% cast speed.

Don't forget you can also get +z% fire/cold/lightning damage on there as well and +μ% spell crit to make it perfect.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Feb 13, 2014, 3:45:43 PM
"
"
shroudb wrote:
actually...

+1gem level
+x% spell damage
+y% cast speed.

Don't forget you can also get +z% fire/cold/lightning damage on there as well and +μ% spell crit to make it perfect.

i didnt forget, i just know that i would never have the 30000000 exalts to buy/mirror such a staff^^

ps.s:
not that i would actually ever have the exalts to buy a simple spell damage/+3gem level staff either with my playtime, but just saying :D
I wonder what kind of staff can work with Crown of eyes.
Selling logs: /view-thread/782113(very high speed)
Rhys epic times : view-thread/780247
need some crit
Write random stuff here
Yeah, it's a shame it rolled attack speed and +mana, so you can't exalt it to get crit chance and +2 to cold gems. But that's a decent little staff
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Feb 13, 2014, 4:13:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info