Legacy items

"
RogueMage wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
There is going to be "RMT" fueled" BIS obsession with items that trivialize the game regardless if they exist or don't exist in the "dumpster" league.

I think it's obvious who could care less about gameplay balance in the so-called "dumpster" league.

I literally stated that unless they change every single legacy item period then there's no point.

You can cherry pick posts all you want and competently ignore points that changing 3-4 legacy items of your choosing does not make legacy items anymore balance unless you change every single one and my general explanation that most people only say 3-4 instead of all of them because honestly they really don't care about balance and just rage posting.

But sure, you guys rage all about "op legacy kaom's/shav" that less that 0.01% of the gaming population actually own under the guise of "balance" and saying that it would acutely fix standard and make it more balance.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Feb 11, 2014, 10:44:40 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

GGG doesn't believe in the "same thing."

Of course they do. Why did they nerf them in the first place? I don't care what you people think of standard. To me its the only league because I don't give a rats ass about the temporary leagues.

"
RagnarokChu wrote:

I'm not even really talking about bias, I am talking about people who say they care about "balance" when really they are legit just talking about 3-4 items completely missing there are TONS of other legacy items that are "OP" but they don't care about them.

Maybe because GGG makes nearly every balance change in standard except for those OP legacy uniques. List the TONS of other OP legacies so that I know what your talking about.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Feb 11, 2014, 10:58:57 PM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

GGG doesn't believe in the "same thing."

Of course they do. Why did they nerf them in the first place? I don't care what you people think of standard. To me its the only league because I don't give a rats ass about the temporary leagues.

"
RagnarokChu wrote:

I'm not even really talking about bias, I am talking about people who say they care about "balance" when really they are legit just talking about 3-4 items completely missing there are TONS of other legacy items that are "OP" but they don't care about them.

Maybe because GGG makes nearly every balance change in standard except for those OP legacy uniques. List the TONS of other OP legacies so that I know what your talking about.

Yeah we don't care either for standard but you will accept the fact that It's a dumping ground. GGG priority is the temp leagues and it will stay like that for probably forever. So accept it's not going to balance in your league sorry.

Or don't It's your choice.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Yeah we don't care either for standard but you will accept the fact that It's a dumping ground.

I just look at it as the only league that matters because it actually sticks around.

"

GGG priority is the temp leagues and it will stay like that for probably forever. So accept it's not going to balance in your league sorry.

Or don't It's your choice.

Ya I think its their priority as well but they still attempt to make all balance changes in standard. I believe that they would prefer to fix all the uniques in standard but don't like the technical hurdles as well as an army of angry no lifes raging at them.
Standard Forever
"

Every single legacy rare or legacy item in general?

This is literally what I am talking about, you ONLY care about "op legacy" as oppose to fixing ALL legacy items.

You are drinking too much Hateorade, if legacy kaom's/soul taker/shav didn't exist but we had all of the other possibly broken op legacy rares or legacy items in general almost none of you would be making a thread to "balance" the game by removing those said legacy items.

Stop trying to defend your hateorade at least agree that if your going to balance standard, balance ALL legacies as oppose to your retarded hate towards people who own said items.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Feb 12, 2014, 12:52:20 AM
Of course if they ever will decide to balance legacies, they should do it with every single item, not just kaom's/soul taker/shav. That goes without saying.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

This is literally what I am talking about, you ONLY care about "op legacy" as oppose to fixing ALL legacy items.

Uh ya. I thought that was obvious. Why would I hate on legacies that aren't OP? I have no problem at all with Shavronnes revelation or others like it.

"
You are drinking too much Hateorade, if legacy kaom's/soul taker/shav didn't exist but we had all of the other possibly broken op legacy rares or legacy items in general almost none of you would be making a thread to "balance" the game by removing those said legacy items.

Are we really going to argue hypothetical scenerios now? I care about rare balance as well as unique balance. Uniques are just a little more easy for people to talk about because they have all of the same mods and people can refer to them easily.

"
Stop trying to defend your hateorade at least agree that if your going to balance standard, balance ALL legacies as oppose to your retarded hate towards people who own said items.

Again, I don't know what legacies your talking about, and I don't hate people who own a ton of OP legacies. I'm annoyed that GGG is only balancing certain things about their game instead of all of it.

Edit: If your referring to OP legacies that aren't talked about as much like rainbowstrides then yes of course I agree that they should be balanced and YES I own some of those myself. In fact rainbowstrides are probably just as bad an offender as Soul Taker is.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Feb 12, 2014, 1:09:40 AM
issue is that if they do not fix this legacy stuff once and for all youll have more 'life patches' in the future

for new guys: 0.10 (i think) patch nerfed all life nodes in effect killing life builds just because of kaoms

they changed entire game (life nodes, monster dmg and health, EVERYTHING) just to not piss off kaoms owners. legacy stuff is another act of said drama
"
Uh ya. I thought that was obvious. Why would I hate on legacies that aren't OP? I have no problem at all with Shavronnes revelation or others like it.

If they aren't OP isn't the critique to change them, it's the fact they are legacy. If they just nerfed the top 3-4 discussed about legacy item, literally most of you would forget about all of the other legacy items that still exist in standard "imbalance" the game."

"

Are we really going to argue hypothetical scenerios now? I care about rare balance as well as unique balance. Uniques are just a little more easy for people to talk about because they have all of the same mods and people can refer to them easily.

This is just backpedaling, many people think "legacy imbalance" is automatically." Kaoms or soul taker or shav or some shit. Using reasoning because kaom/shav/or whatever is op and we should do a mirror trade in for them to balance them or some other bullshit is just half assed rage because they exist. Unless you remove all legacy items and update them to the current version you are not really trying to balance the game.

"

Again, I don't know what legacies your talking about, and I don't hate people who own a ton of OP legacies. I'm annoyed that GGG is only balancing certain things about their game instead of all of it.

Edit: If your referring to OP legacies that aren't talked about as much like rainbowstrides then yes of course I agree that they should be balanced and YES I own some of those myself. In fact rainbowstrides are probably just as bad an offender as Soul Taker is.

Like I said, they do not have to be "OP." The item could be buffed, why the hell the item isn't automatically updated to the upgraded version? Should I be screwed over because I had the weaker version?
I don't have much of a problem with a balanced legacy because I don't think it has that much of an impact on the game. That doesn't mean I like them but I don't think its a contradiction if I am focusing on OP legacies and not every legacy in the game. The difference between a legacy Soul Taker and a Death Rush ring is night and day.

Oh and I agree with you that a buffed unique should be automatically upgraded.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info