Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Legacy items

"
tinko92 wrote:

So why are you comparing yourself with a guy who doesn't have a life, job, etc. ?

Because I was upset by the nerf, obviously. And GGG don't want to upset people by nerfs, that's why they keep legacy items, right?

"
tinko92 wrote:

It's about how much you've invested to acquire the item.

As nexuscz mentioned, it was easier before to get those items that are legacy now. Actually, now you have to work harder only to get less.

"
tinko92 wrote:

When the gems came out they certainly weren't 1 Alchemy, but alright, it's irrelevant anyway.

Cost me alch nevertheless.

"
tinko92 wrote:

Stop catching by straws.

NO U :)

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You probably meant that sarcastically, but in all seriousness: they should exist.

I guess. After all, they don't nerf existing items and they give respecs when they change passive tree a lot. Why they nerf gems freely then?
Last edited by DarkTl on Feb 9, 2014, 8:51:16 AM
@OP

Asked same question few days ago.

It's a technical issue. It's not that easy to change items that already dropped and are somewhere in use/stashes.

Having op items still in the game is not ideal, but as they are limited by numbers, it doesnt matter too much.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
What I don't understand is uniques exclusive to leagues that no longer drop. Any discharger wants the voll amulet but have fun ever trying to get it.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

The point of the permanent leagues is not to have a place where the game is balanced, but to have a place where your stuff is immune to the regular purges which are a natural part of balancing the game.

This is total BS. Standard will get all changes that the 4 month leagues get accept for some legacies.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You probably meant that sarcastically, but in all seriousness: they should exist.

In all seriousness if GGG didn't balance gems in standard and just let it run wild I would quit the game.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Feb 9, 2014, 9:11:34 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
@OP

Asked same question few days ago.

It's a technical issue. It's not that easy to change items that already dropped and are somewhere in use/stashes.

Having op items still in the game is not ideal, but as they are limited by numbers, it doesnt matter too much.

Then you should also believe in fairy tales and Santa Claus.

These what you called are somewhere sorry just LOL:D is actually physically stored in database which you can run query on to change everything it's just matter of time to computer finish the updating database based on your command :)

I know you can argue i do not have internal knowledge of game but this is general knowledge.

I am surprised they did fool you because legacy items simple cannot be technical issue.

So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
Last edited by nexuscz on Feb 9, 2014, 9:13:10 AM
"
DarkTl wrote:

Because I was upset by the nerf, obviously. And GGG don't want to upset people by nerfs, that's why they keep legacy items, right?

Excellent reason.

Apparently, GGG have said differently.

But...
Many, many people were grinding/flipping for months to acquire the item, at that point, GGG couldn't have nerfed the items without losing a big chunk of current base (the most "loyal" ones, supporters, etc.) then and would suffer in increase of players in the future because of that, how and why?
Not hard to come by, I personally wouldn't save for any unique that would cost 5+ ex, in fear it's getting nerfed, and that's not the way a game should be played.

"
As nexuscz mentioned, it was easier before to get those items that are legacy now. Actually, now you have to work harder only to get less.

How was it easier to acquire 25+ ex? In fact, it was 2-3 times harder, because 25 ex then is 50-75 ex now (through chaos to ex ratio).

Do you have a proof that says Soul Taker back then was dropping more frequently than Soul Taker now? Or any other legacy unique.

They have reduced the chancing probability, I know that.

But in the end, now you're working less for a weaker item.

"
Cost me alch nevertheless.

So, you're whining about your alchemy but you want others to "lose" dozens of exalts? Nice.

"
NO U :)

How was I exactly catching by straws?

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Feb 9, 2014, 9:42:09 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:

Many, many people were grinding/flipping for months to acquire the item, at that point, GGG couldn't have nerfed the items without losing a big chunk of current base (the most "loyal" ones, supporters, etc.)

Yup, that's the real reason, I guess. Not some technical issue.

"
tinko92 wrote:

Not hard to come by, I personally wouldn't save for any unique that would cost 5+ ex, in fear it's getting nerfed, and that's not the way a game should be played.

And what do we have now? They say Aegis Aurora could be nerfed soon, so people starting to buy it like there is no tomorrow for ridiculous prices. You think it's a very healthy economy?

"
tinko92 wrote:
They have reduced the chancing probability, I know that.

Nuff said, really.

"
tinko92 wrote:

So, you're whining about your alchemy but you want others to "lose" dozens of exalts? Nice.

Yet they lose nothing, while I lose my gem. Unfair.

"
tinko92 wrote:

How was I exactly catching by straws?

Same question to you.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Feb 9, 2014, 11:11:49 AM
Who cares? It's a PvE game where there are no DPS meters, no Healing meters, no competition for raid spots, only exists in one "DYING LEAGUE" (yet freakin shit tonnes of threads about a league apparently nobody plays in), extremely limited in number and are in the hands of people you will most probably never party with.

What's your issue again? It affects you in 0 ways.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
Wait a sec, we about to get a decent pvp system. We even have a pvp section in our forum profiles already.
[Removed by Support]
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Feb 9, 2014, 10:32:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info