All pots at once is it legit or not GGG plz advise

Hi guys,

i have been and am using a bind from mouse software (official razer mosue driver ships keybinding option as does logitech one). WHat it does it presses 12345 at once. my build is based on crit recharge flasks that all come up at the same time and often .SInce it became to stressing for my hands (i grow old) i simply bound that via razer software to mouse5. if i was to dumb to express what i mean see it in use at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB0GnFISwys&feature=youtu.be .

THere is no timer, or automated tiggering or any other help in it. only thing it does is saving me from repetive stress syndrome. I fail to see a problem there.

Nevertheless i constantly get at least 1 hater each video saying "omg omg omg macro user ban hammer ban hammer omg" and i'm growing sick of it.

So can u please give me definite feedback if u consider this legit or not? So i can either stop using it or stop those discussions once and for all?
Ingame @FlubbyEverywhere domination or @Flubbyy default
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
Last edited by Flubby on Feb 7, 2014, 6:24:26 PM
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2014, 6:56:48 PM
GGG has said you can only use a macro that performs a single action. You're performing multiple.
always thought their stance was macros are legit. I don't see how they couldn't be, considering it's impossible to play hc without at least /oos macro
"
TheBigNasty wrote:
GGG has said you can only use a macro that performs a single action. You're performing multiple.

This looks like it could fall into a bit of a grey area. I mean, if you wanted to take the "single action" thing literally, /oos macros would be bannable because it's actually multiple keystrokes. /shrug
"
"
TheBigNasty wrote:

This looks like it could fall into a bit of a grey area. I mean, if you wanted to take the "single action" thing literally, /oos macros would be bannable because it's actually multiple keystrokes. /shrug

A single action, not a single keystroke. It doesn't take much to do a bit of searching and see this has been asked and answered multiple times.

"
Chris wrote:
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed.

I haven't edited any posts in this thread but if you could please do so that'd be appreciated. Thanks, guys!
The key in his wording is "because these are things that normal players cannot do." Normal players can spam all of their potions at once. Hell, I just did it. It just requires me to smash my hand against the 1-5 keys.
normal players also can't type /remaining in 5ms...while spamming pots and dodging rhoas.............
Last edited by BoswerLK on Feb 7, 2014, 9:44:22 PM
"
The key in his wording is "because these are things that normal players cannot do." Normal players can spam all of their potions at once. Hell, I just did it. It just requires me to smash my hand against the 1-5 keys.

If a macro to cast all your auras isn't allowed, what makes you think one to pop all your pots is?

It's pretty black and white.
"
BoswerLK wrote:
normal players also can't type /remaining in 5ms...

That too. To be frank, the whole thing just seems very..."beat around the bush"-ish. The way that it would appear that they want it to be taken is this: "chatbox macro=okay, anything else macro=gtfo". However, that's not how it's worded. In fact, that's nowhere near how it's worded.

"
TheBigNasty wrote:

If a macro to cast all your auras isn't allowed, what makes you think one to pop all your pots is?

With auras, they have a cast time that must be managed and dealt with, though they could be macroed, so I get the point there. No such thing exists with potions, and they can all be activated at one time, over and over again, with no exception that I am aware of, so long as they have sufficient charges.
Last edited by Gallowmere1984 on Feb 7, 2014, 9:47:56 PM
"
"
BoswerLK wrote:
normal players also can't type /remaining in 5ms...

That too. To be frank, the whole thing just seems very..."beat around the bush"-ish. The way that it would appear that they want it to be taken is this: "chatbox macro=okay, anything else macro=gtfo". However, that's not how it's worded. In fact, that's nowhere near how it's worded.

"
TheBigNasty wrote:

With auras, they have a cast time that must be managed and dealt with, though they could be macroed, so I get the point there. No such thing exists with potions, and they can all be activated at one time, over and over again, with no exception that I am aware of, so long as they have sufficient charges.

not true. if you press another aura while the first one is in the activating animation, the 2nd aura is queued and will activate immediately after the first. in fact, all skills can be queued this way. it's actually extremely easy for a normal player to activate all auras as fast as possible if they're all hotkeyed at once

hell, it's doable with 1 hotkey after some practice. my 5 aura summoner almost always has the next aura ready after the first is cast. still a pain in the ass though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info