Points Sale News Update and Returning Daily Deals

Any kind of ETA on the premium tab bundle and when it will go on sale again? All these points burning a hole in my pocket and I could use a good deal on tabs :)
"
Obscuritas wrote:
"
DAOWAce wrote:
So it is the Duelist..

I wish the ingame models actually looked even half as good. Honestly, the game needs a full texture (and animation!) pass on its models, especially the old character models; Scion's got the most love while everything else looks old and janky, save for maybe most of Act 3.

Basically, I'd love to see a higher fidelity PoE. Current gen games like Diablo 3 look absolutely beautiful (despite it being awful), and PoE looks like it's from 2005 with everything except its particle effects.

You seem to forget that poe is a indie game, not from a multi billion company like blizzard.

And D3 looked horrible compared to PoE, which wasn´t due to bad graphics but rather a horrible design.
The comic graphics took all the atmosphere D2 had and which imo PoE has.
Actually I enjoy the graphic design of the game and thinks its way better then one should expect from a low budget game coming from a country which population roughly amounts to that of Berlin.
And they did quite a bit of remodeling, the game looks way better then way back in the beginning of open beta.

FTFY

Legend of Grimrock was a 4 man indie game. It looked absolutely incredible from a texture, animation and lighting aspect and had a dark, gritty aesthetic just like PoE; albeit they're completely different games. ('Course, it also had a small amount of actual 3D textures, since it was mostly walls and floors, so they could dedicate a lot of time to making them look outstanding.) There's plenty of other indie games with gorgeous graphics as well.

Being indie is not synonymous with awful texture quality and animation. Hell, plenty of AAA games look absolutely atrocious. Have you even seen an unmodded Skyrim or the numerous console ports that don't bother adding in higher resolution textures that the consoles couldn't handle?

They've changed the icon art of pretty much every item in the game. They've changed the UI. They haven't, to my knowledge, improved any of the original 3D art assets in the game. Act 3 currently looks the best due to it being designed last; Act 4 will look even better. The Scion also looks the best out of all of the characters, again, because she was much created later in development.

It is very easy to use higher resolution assets and add another quality setting (very high, ultra, etc.) to use them (unless they were created low-res from the start, which is not how you should be developing something), the same goes for Model quality. Animations need to be redone entirely (or modified) and replace the old ones as there's no real way to give users animation quality option settings, nor any point to doing so.

It all comes down to whether the developer cares enough or not (whether for time or money reasons), or due to artist skill; not because they're a small 10 man team compared to a 200 person AAA developer. There's also the case of engine or platform limitation; but the former is really a thing of the past and the latter only matters when developing for consoles.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
it's still feb. 11th... why can't I purchase more points at a discount???

can someone fix this for me?

it's still Feb. 11th. and I'd like to get more points at a discount.
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info