1.0.6b Patch Notes

Well that is really annoying, this was a very nice change that made life so much easier and saved so much time for getting specters.

Also I still haven't seen listed exactly how minion AI was changed? Will they no longer drop target and try to switch every time I cast a curse 4 times in a row to make sure I get total coverage of the mobs?
"
The corpses will be level 68. When raised using the Raise Spectre gem, they will be level 68, but will be downscaled to match the level of the map if its a lower level (level 62 in your given scenario) but will be restored in levels (up to level 68) when taken to higher level maps.

Are you certain of this? If the spectres are restored in levels, then i can raise spectres in normal difficulty too am i right to say this?
Last edited by Noed22 on Feb 4, 2014, 7:21:03 PM
"
Dokyo wrote:
Well that is really annoying, this was a very nice change that made life so much easier and saved so much time for getting specters.

Also I still haven't seen listed exactly how minion AI was changed? Will they no longer drop target and try to switch every time I cast a curse 4 times in a row to make sure I get total coverage of the mobs?

You can still get your spectres the same way. You can either buy a level 20 desecrate from someone or just level your own up.
I don't play any summoners but I think I'll be seeing less of them around the hubs...
"
"
The corpses will be level 68. When raised using the Raise Spectre gem, they will be level 68, but will be downscaled to match the level of the map if its a lower level (level 62 in your given scenario) but will be restored in levels (up to level 68) when taken to higher level maps.

Are you certain of this? If the spectres are restored in levels, then i can raise spectres in normal difficulty too am i right to say this?

Just tested it. Apparently, the corpses created by the desecrate skill gem are capped at the level of the area where the skill is used.

So if I use a level 20 desecrate in lunaris 2 normal, the corpses created will be level 33 and not level 68. So if I raise these corpses created by a max level desecrate, they would still be level 33 even if I bring them to higher level maps. Hence, for summoners to get level appropriate spectres for mapping, summoners would still need to raise spectres from within maps.
Mytharia - Summoner (Ambush)
Mythriadne - EK Scion
Myriadne - Summoner

"
mythrin wrote:
"
"

Just tested it. Apparently, the corpses created by the desecrate skill gem are capped at the level of the area where the skill is used.

So if I use a level 20 desecrate in lunaris 2 normal, the corpses created will be level 33 and not level 68. So if I raise these corpses created by a max level desecrate, they would still be level 33 even if I bring them to higher level maps. Hence, for summoners to get level appropriate spectres for mapping, summoners would still need to raise spectres from within maps.

LOL if this is true.... FFS we just want not to have so much logistics around getting bloody spectres.
I though that was (one of the) the purpose of this gem... make ppl's life easier. Whats the point of this gem then? Am I supposed to waste a portal to snapshot my stuff at map entrance, go back to town, and then use new portal?
Oh snapshotting wasn't intended bla bla bla..... nor was penicillin and today you are alive because of it, so shut it!
It is among what makes summoners complex and fun, it's actually my favourite part of using a summoner, the amount of options is staggering!!!

If the Gem has a throttle, then at least let it create the spectres we leveled the gem for...
ALL OF THIS would be easily solved if like zombies, spectres scaled to the area you are at.
Unless getting spectres is intentionally an utter bore.
It would also prevent abuse with their level, and it would allow GGG to nerf whatever they intended to nerf with this (DD?)....

There isn't a doubt in my mind that GGG will eventually find a decent solution for this, I just hope i'm still around to enjoy it.
Last edited by KlaatuZu on Feb 5, 2014, 12:45:23 PM
a) is it just me (probably), or did GGG changed (un)intentially droprates?
With given IIR i received way less rares in 106b than before on uniq bosses
and those roaming exiles.
i guess it has just been bad luck, but want to ask anyway

b) the changed AI sucks for ranged minions/spectres now imho. They tend to run way to close to the action. i prefer them to stay behind more at the players char, like it was in 106. Its hard to make them benefit from auras now (esp as hybrid) and vice versa (HINT: evangelists) Pls change that back. it felt quite perfectly as it was in 106.

thx

Last edited by hcl on Feb 5, 2014, 7:48:52 PM
very nice
"
Vahnn wrote:

There's a rather large difference between wasting your time and not thinking things through, and you're more a victim of the latter than the former in this case.

These changes mean that now you have to level up desecrate, and the relative power of your explosions based on them will grow as you level up. Sounds... balanced to me. Sure it might cap at high levels for maps, but it seems reasonable to me to look at DD as a supplement to the corpses you'll get from killing things, and not as the primary source.

Just like you have to level up Detonate Dead to increase the power of the explosions... oh wait. You don't (at least not for the % life explosion) because it is based on the level of your area NOT the level of the gem, just like Desecrate was before this unnecessary change. It made perfect sense for desecrate to summon corpses based on the level of the monsters in the area. Desecrate already had "benefits" to leveling it because it increased the chaos DOT. It's just that the damage is so weak that nobody gives a crap about it (like the physical damage in DD). If GGG wanted people to level those gems, then they could make the innate damage values scale better instead of using this hidden trickeration.

Here's what really doesn't make sense: I start doing >66 level content. Now I have to start jumping through all these hoops to keep my corpses from getting out-scaled by the monsters. I kinda get it. Put in work & investment and you get better results. Grind my desecrate gem to level 20. Find a decent +gem level weapon. Level up empower. But now when I go back to lower level stuff, all that work I did is for nothing because desecrate corpses are automatically de-levled to match the area I'm in. Are you kidding me? We have to work to keep up, but you won't let us use that work to get ahead. Normal skills have to be leveled up because the damage is primarily based on the level of the gem. Why do you need to apply the same logic and force people to level gems where the important effect isn't determined by the gem level? It just doesn't make sense.

Honestly, I don't see an issue with having certain gems that players don't feel a need to level because they are interested in secondary effects that aren't affected by gem level. Bloodrage is an example of this as is Whirling Blades. Other skills require a careful cost/benefit analysis when leveling (Cast on damage taken, Arctic Armor, curses).

TL/DR: I would actually prefer having a reason to level desecrate, but you're making us level desecrate to avoid a potential penalty (- level corpses vs area level) rather than gain a benefit. If we have to invest significantly for higher level corpses, then we should get the benefit of that investment regardless of whether we're doing piety runs or high level maps.
Last edited by abbarnes on Feb 7, 2014, 3:07:59 AM
Instead of putting a cap on the corpses created by desecrate and de-leveling spectres based on the area level, they should just put a restriction on the level of the spectres created by Raise Spectre. level 1 Raise Spectre can only raise corpses up to a certain level, while level 20 Raise Spectre can raise up to level 100 corpses (in preparation for future content).

The cap on desecrate and the hassle of looking for level appropriate spectres everytime summoners login is unreasonable. There are no such caps for other skills. There is no "Double Strike is deleveled when used in lower level areas" or "Lightning Arrow is deleveled to the level of the gem with the level requirement lower than or equal to the level of the area it is used in." Why is there a need for such a cap for desecrate and Raise Spectre?

Mytharia - Summoner (Ambush)
Mythriadne - EK Scion
Myriadne - Summoner

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info