*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

"
mojibet88 wrote:
how your solve your mana problem??

By using
as well as by taking specific mana nodes/mana reduction nodes (so that I could have infinite swing ability on no regen and 1/2 regen maps, for my gear/stats/passives).
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
which alternative I have for Aegis in the new Leagues ?
if without ageis aurora still can play this build?
New leagues starting soon: not sure what the new leagues will or won't have.

Can you still play this build without Aegis? Kinda -- you would need to re-optimize the build based on the shield you had and your desired level of defence vs offence.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Hello mate great guide.

A few questions, as i see you have put a lot of time and effort in this build i would like to run a few things by you.

1) Have you thought about dropping out the Phys nodes and Sword nodes and going into Elemental dmg nodes, Unless you have not already thought about this i do think you could gain a few more selective nodes and increase your overall dps by doing so.

Adding the increase in ele dmg with the Aegis, along with the ele dmg nodes near the Templar tree, and even extending up to get the extra shock stack chance...

A thought to ponder as i think you could gain alot more dmg with less nodes going this way instead of the physical way, This in in subject to the Buffs within the elemental Auras.

I am currently leveling this build in HC and so far it has no flaws, Breeze through content and even not to raise a heart beat with desync..

Hats off to you Sir.

I am not at the stage where i do have to worry about Thorns or reflect, though is there any stage at where you should be cautious with reflect, double reflect, lightning thorn maps.

And another note have you thought about Vaal Pack...

Last edited by arbitor on Feb 18, 2014, 5:20:39 AM
"
arbitor wrote:
Hello mate great guide.

A few questions...

Thanks.

Yes, there are only 4 partial DPS nodes I took, which I also took to get armor up to the 90% I wanted and to get more HP. I've played with a bunch of variants of this build, some pretty extreme (like going all the way to Whispers of Doom, etc). I've tested and tweaked based on trying all different auras, tested and tweaked to utilize shock stacking, etc. I ultimately found my current variant the overall strongest for end-game bosses. I did play around with Vaal Pact as well -- you need to make some changes to the existing build to make it decent (blood regen can be tricky with VP, so either get to 75% chaos res or lose BR and take LL, etc). In the end I liked having life regen (instead of VP) due to blood rage regen issues, due to times of desycn where regen > no regen, due to existing DPS levels that are near enough for the amount of regen I'd want with VP, because sometimes going AFK temporarily is nice, or not having to really worry about standing on burning ground and desyncing without life regen, etc -- though VP can be fun (but again you want your DPS to be a lot higher if you are going with VP.. more than a few nodes worth to be sure).

No, there was never any end-game stage where my build had to worry about thorns or reflect (or double reflect), which was part of the goal of this build (to do all map mods or monsters).

Last edited by Mortezzah on Feb 19, 2014, 4:28:13 AM
Would dps suffer too much with a nonlegacy Soultaker, or is it still viable with it?
IGN: Dimetric, Penkala, Nazeer
"
Xkcdone wrote:
Would dps suffer too much with a nonlegacy Soultaker, or is it still viable with it?

It is still viable -- in groups you would suffer a similar risk profile (because most DPS would be coming from DPS'ers still), solo you would face a slightly increased risk profile due to slower killing.. but still would be tankier than almost anyone.
Excuse me,why dont u use Infernal Blow?
IGN: Vastrode
Last edited by BEST_MDFK on Feb 20, 2014, 4:43:55 AM
My fucking god man a 1H sword with 548 dps?!?! How is that possible!?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info