*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

i think the build looks really good and i wanna try it out but i am kinda new to PoE so my question is this:at leveling,how can you get a good 1H sword if the DEX req are too high? how can i fix the dex abit? only thing i see on the talent tree is to rush for +30 dex but thats about it.
The funny thing is that I've stared this build in my first day in the game... 4-5 days later, I've found it's impossible to be accomplished... haha... my marauder is a joke right now... I Don't even have a weapon to fight. lol
what skill spec would you put it into like level 20-50-80 or whatever, it would help me alot
Messing around with the believed to be new tree seems pretty good. Not sure if people will feel the same. Interested to see where you go with it. Crafting ftw.
IGN:LootingLemur,SlipperyBogel
GMT -4:00
Obviously its a little early to tell, was wondering if you've tried this with the new tree. Looking to start making this guy (got a little funding). Hopefully you can update in the next few days! Thanks for the build Cheers!
Please upgrade TREE for 1.1.0 version >(^.^)>
bowing out
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on Oct 7, 2014, 11:28:38 PM
Where I'm currently at.

Please note: I'm using soul taker. Weapon choice will drastically effect tree mapping.

Could at least offer some brainstorm fodder. Pretty much tried to gather the same nodes as before. Only spent about an hour on mapping it out, there is undoubtedly going to be things that are wasted and potential for fewer points. I pretty much allocated so I could explore new content. I've done some 60s maps and everything seems to be on track. With that in mind, please do not spec this unless your willing to re-roll or can afford regrets.

Closing thoughts
Spoiler
After I get a few days to really play some higher level content I will have a better idea of where things can be trimmed and added. An option I wasn't totally sure on is grabbing all those Phys damage nodes in the Marauder area.
I probably won't be going to the Scion life wheel. I plan on going through and grabbing the "faith and steel" wheel and the life nodes in the Templar area. After that and some respecing I'll be grabbing some attack speed,and possibly the higher end armor nodes or armor/life nodes.
IGN:LootingLemur,SlipperyBogel
GMT -4:00
"
LootingLemur wrote:
Where I'm currently at.

Please note: I'm using soul taker. Weapon choice will drastically effect tree mapping.

Could at least offer some brainstorm fodder. Pretty much tried to gather the same nodes as before. Only spent about an hour on mapping it out, there is undoubtedly going to be things that are wasted and potential for fewer points. I pretty much allocated so I could explore new content. I've done some 60s maps and everything seems to be on track. With that in mind, please do not spec this unless your willing to re-roll or can afford regrets.

Closing thoughts
Spoiler
After I get a few days to really play some higher level content I will have a better idea of where things can be trimmed and added. An option I wasn't totally sure on is grabbing all those Phys damage nodes in the Marauder area.
I probably won't be going to the Scion life wheel. I plan on going through and grabbing the "faith and steel" wheel and the life nodes in the Templar area. After that and some respecing I'll be grabbing some attack speed,and possibly the higher end armor nodes or armor/life nodes.

Thanks for looking into it. Im excited to see what you find. I would test if i had this character created but i am actually looking to start it once this build gets the 1.1 finalization. cheers man and goodluck!
my level 99 version of this build for 1.1 is as follows:

The build would work well with koams however i play invasion and so i dont have a chance in hell of getting it anytime soon. Therefore I will be using normal armour, meaning i dont have to take any dmg off the tree, although some seems to be worth it. Also something i never understood when reading this build is the reason why he needs to go for increased mana and mana regen nodes. 90% of his mana regain is coming from mana leeching which seems much more efficient to me. In addition, a 6th link could easily hold mana leech if you're struggling on gear or even a 5th link for a time until you get mana leech on your rings and gloves. With all this in mind i am going with this tree. Everything else is as described. Hope this helps some people for 1.1.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48EPAS4RQgFm8YkRmFGjIaOBo-GlUdFCSqJd8nLyjFKS4t0jGeNZI26DbpOlI62D38Q2NGaUd-TDVN2E3jUEdRYFPfVElVxlcNWGNYr1jbWPVZ818_YEthIWSjZU1mnmoebmlwfXFNcqlyu3TteA1673y4fNmE2YTvhymI8Yx2jM-PRpBVkc6az5uDncSezZ_LoLShbaZXpzCnhKgYqW6playqrK-vorXytzG5zbvtvJ--p8APwBrDhsbYz2XQ0NE20iHSTeNq45_nkew47w7xrPIv8wbzvvZI9zL3vvrS-6r-jw==

Where you put the last point, well, more life, more dmg, armour, theres options but the above node selection is efficient.

Now, the problem with this build is deciding what to put points into last... Personally for me it would involve the scion life wheel last, the endurance charge in the templar tree, the ES nodes in the templar tree, The 2% block on the way of to scion life wheel. Choose whichever you feel neccesaary to get first out of these. Of course theyre still very important nodes but thats the deal with this build, it really isnt finished by any means at like level 85 like most builds, it goes all the way, but its decent still at level 85. It isnt a build to enter into light heartedly at all.

This should put you at say level 84 when the build becomes somewhat alike his and working well.

Im currently level 66 in invasion doing my spec with the inspiration of this build and its going well, just switched to shield, and starting getting block nodes.

So whats the differences. Well im basing my build on not using koams which should allow me to get similar dps to this guy without the incredibly insane gear he has. As a result the above spec without koams has:

Negatives:

About 3.5k less life
1% less max resists
Less mana
No mana regen nodes
No reduced mana cost of skill nodes *******see below

Positives

About 7k more armour ish (which helps with the aegis nerf!)
More dmg. With his gear and 6L (add faster attacks and added fire and you'll at least have 14k dps like his with less good gear)(due to 5l or 6l). His gear? ~22k+ id say
cheaper

* I dont understand why he needs more mana, mana regen and mana skill cost reduction. I worked it out and with like 3 or 4% mana leech you dont need these at all. The build needs mana leech anyway so whats the point. I think waste of points, but maybe im missing something?

Edit: NB with my version taking help oak normal is better as you wont be using koams.
Last edited by DexDeus on Mar 9, 2014, 5:40:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info