*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

Can you post your stats?

You dont have any DMG multipler on your Rings, and if you dont have max spellblock, i think you better wear Rainbows

1-2 dmg on gloves sucks, use fast attack here

AND use minimum one DMG Aura

hmm and you doesnt have enduring cry and immortal call in the linked items

In heal phase change your Kaoms with a 6l

Your Sword is nice ;)
Last edited by BigNerrik on Nov 6, 2014, 11:35:11 PM
Hey Mortezzah,
Thank you for the great build,
I am attempting Uber with similar build,
I just wondering when you AFK her,
what was you max res for fire/light @ that time,
I went through your post but was unable to find it.
Hi guys,

Sorry, been having fun in HC lately and haven't been watching this too closely ;)

MojoREKT -- I wouldn't go melee tank unless you have ample currency. The game isn't forgiving enough at this point (though I'm betting Melee will have its day again).

BigNerrik -- give it a shot... Would be interesting to see how a summoner variant does.

andy3909 -- I posted the gear/spec a few threads back... Basically it is just going evasion/dodge. I believe I was at 85 or 86 or something on resistances (can't recall -- I was using all +max and such that I could).

kasim93784 -- I would need to watch your videos to see how you did :) Were you trying Uber or Normal? did you make it to Uber/Atziri? What happened? Did you get past the split phase?
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Hey Mort, so i've taken your build and tried it in rampage self-found for a while then decided to buy a few pieces to help my progress. To anyone trying to do this build, it is very possible to get to end game content without buying super pricey gear (note my gear ;)) I leveled up to 91 and my experience has been great, it was exactly the type of play-style I was looking for and I am fully aware that I am missing some very KEY parts of the build.

My Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree (Pure Tank version)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEBwSzBS0G6Q48EPASvBLhFCAWbxiRGjgaPhpVGmwfAiSqJ2En7SkuKw02xTboNuk6UjrYPfxCS0yzTdhPfVBHUWBT31RJVcZXDVhjWK9Y21nzXz9gS2EhZKNmnmwWbmlyqXTteu98uHzZfuKAVoFvg9uE2YTvhcWHGYcpi0-MdozPkFWQdJHOm4Odrp48ns2fy6C0ogCnCKcwp4SplayqrK-vorvtvqfAGsOGxtjM29Ih2CTfvuNq5FHnC-eR567sOPAf8azyL_Ja8wbzvvZI9zL60vuq_Es=

So here are a few questions...

I find my DPS painfully low. Is this because of the lack of 500+ DPS wep? (I am at about 11K with hatred/herald of ash)

I am not as tanky as i'd hoped. Is this due to the lack of kaoms/Aegis? I have a legacy aegis waiting for me on standard and I am close to gathering enough currency for a Kaoms, do you think this will solve the problem?

Also I am at 63% Spell Block, where am I missing the 3%?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to clear stuff up!

Thanks again for this build, its been a great ride and I highly recommend it to anyone! Its still viable without godly gear but now that I am in the high end game material I am beginning to peak without the godly gear. (But still enjoyable/playable)
Thanks. Aegis is quite awesome.. Kaoms too of course. Fights that are nasty (like Academy boss, or Jungle, or etc) become easy w/ Aegis. What amulet are you using? Yes, the weapon is huge for DPS.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Nov 14, 2014, 3:02:48 AM
Oh I guess I didnt link it but im using

Till i can get a %4 block one

EDIT: Sorry im at 62% Spell block. Does that mean your 4% block on your Stone of lazhwar applies to spells as well as straight block chance?
Last edited by TMHChaser on Nov 14, 2014, 8:15:38 AM
Yes. Without the 4% I would be at 71%/63%. With it I am at 75%/66%.
-
Last edited by Grindrix on Nov 28, 2014, 3:20:45 PM
great build from what I can tell!
I am a bit confused about one thing though: why use WED with a pure phys weapon? as far as I understand the gem increases already existing elemental damage that you do with your weapons. hatred and herald of ash do convert some of that but does that justify the gem? i'm just curious whether other gems like faster attacks/multistrike/added chaos/incresed crit would be more beneficial here...

Also...why are you using discipline? you have quite a few pieces of gear without ES on it and not really any ES nodes. Wouldn't vitality or determination/grace be more viable?
Last edited by Kainadier on Nov 24, 2014, 5:36:17 PM
Melee change here it comes with 1.3

Lets hope it doesn't get worse >_<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info