*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.1.0

Link For the new Passive skill tree

Let's start working :)
Gusti_POE
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4w9_FhjxthfP_ZIjM_yLxo-6dV5OX7ins2nMJ_LGJG8nxRNAec26IcpYSEaVWSjEuGi6oTvdO0FLXrvYEteE0CgwL-srwz3qZUblzJOYuxNRsGCL8yE2b02R35lTb6n9UYceOXFqfqI7eHv8awpLny47w4UIFBH5FFnm0F0gIrcc3Yr900n7cT2cql82fcyagGXtFWpHM49D_5UDc0rUCSLUWBPfYBWBjn7qvMGfLt35TrY7DiQVScvGjiMdp48tzHkIilPGmwWbySqNunjaqcIna4EBx8CNsXYJDpYVcaD20yzhcVCS9--

If you really wanted to go pure tank, i suppose you could drop a few of the dmg nodes in favour of spending 7 more points for an extra 4% block (in between the scion & duelist starting area).
But 7 points for 4% doesn't quite seem efficent.

The tree is subject to change though until its official release & who knows how the reactive gems will play into this build.
Last edited by DeamosDan on Dec 8, 2014, 10:59:32 AM
"
DeamosDan wrote:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4w9_FhjxthfP_ZIjM_yLxo-6dV5OX7ins2nMJ_LGJG8nxRNAec26IcpYSEaVWSjEuGi6oTvdO0FLXrvYEteE0CgwL-srwz3qZUblzJOYuxNRsGCL8yE2b02R35lTb6n9UYceOXFqfqI7eHv8awpLny47w4UIFBH5FFnm0F0gIrcc3Yr900n7cT2cql82fcyagGXtFWpHM49D_5UDc0rUCSLUWBPfYBWBjn7qvMGfLt35TrY7DiQVScvGjiMdp48tzHkIilPGmwWbySqNunjaqcIna4EBx8CNsXYJDpYVcaD20yzhcVCS9--

If you really wanted to go pure tank, i suppose you could drop a few of the dmg nodes in favour of spending 7 more points for an extra 4% block (in between the scion & duelist starting area).
But 7 points for 4% doesn't quite seem efficent.

The tree is subject to change though until its official release & who knows how the reactive gems will play into this build.

Each build version is terrible, there is no point with so much block loss. It can't be made up correctly. The block build is dead.
You can't say the build is dead until the tree is actually released which could be changed & nobody knows as of yet how the reactive gems will play out.
Another thing, it's around 10% block which isn't the end of the world. Invest in some dmg & change up the build instead.
Last edited by DeamosDan on Dec 9, 2014, 5:07:04 AM
"
DeamosDan wrote:
You can't say the build is dead until the tree is actually released which could be changed & nobody knows as of yet how the reactive gems will play out.
Another thing, it's around 10% block which isn't the end of the world. Invest in some dmg & change up the build instead.

The block loss is more than 20% + which makes the build useless. I play a duelist version which was also perfect before they ruined the start of duelist. That version will be worse than Marauder now. You can't survive as well without the max block. Aegis only works with block. GGG got their wish, the killed AA melee.
Last edited by Grindrix on Dec 9, 2014, 12:54:33 PM
"
Grindrix wrote:
"
DeamosDan wrote:

The block loss is more than 20% + which makes the build useless. I play a duelist version which was also perfect before they ruined the start of duelist. That version will be worse than Marauder now. You can't survive as well without the max block. Aegis only works with block. GGG got their wish, the killed AA melee.

I'm confused. 32 before, 20 now... Where is the other 8% being taken from?

Edit: Ahh, found it.
So it's 39 down to 20? Dang, even with an Anvil, how are we suppose to remotely get close to cap?

Or aren't we?
Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Dec 10, 2014, 5:14:36 AM
Is it still possible the get 75% maxblock? O.o

On the other hand there are manny good armor nodes ... with 75% maxblock it would be great
"
hitreza wrote:
Is it still possible the get 75% maxblock? O.o

On the other hand there are manny good armor nodes ... with 75% maxblock it would be great

Nope, its impossible to get 75 now.

From the tree i posted previously you get

20% or 24 if you dropped all dmg nodes
4% from Stone of Lazhwar
34% from Aegis
2% from mirrored gloves.

The nerf is worse than i previously thought & i have to actually agree with Grindrix that this build is 100% destroyed. The only way i can see you actually getting remotely close to the block cap is by using Crest of perandus but that still breaks the build.
Not only this build is severely damage, but melee characters in general.
Previously they removed lot of life an armour, and now % block chance.
Grindrix is right, they completely destroyed AA melee.
Spent more than a year grinding and lvling trying to get this build and now went from best facetank build ever to a very good one, but weaker and non profitable compare to other witch-scion-rangers out there. Personally I won't give up on this build. I'm gonna stash it, put him on cryo-sleep, waiting for a better future when GGG decide to screw others ranged characters and melee will rise again.
There is a pattern on GGG updates, if something is good let's nerf it. They have no idea what it means to "balance the game"(so all charcaters are equally good), my guess is becouse they do not play the game and invest so much time and hard work as we do.
So eventually we will come back, someday, in an distance future.
We will not give up on you Marauder......long live the tank.
Gusti_POE
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info