*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

Mission accomplished: Uber Queen Atziri is dead!

I had to significantly change my build (I've been theorycrafting for quite a while, testing multiple variants on Normal Atziri) to optimize for her, but it was a personal goal for me to figure out how I solo kill her as a tanky life-based melee character without any deaths. I made a few mistakes at the end, but still dropped her. Long fight when you have <20k dps :)

I'll also show you guys an innovative way to get past the spawn phase that no one else has seemingly tried or posted about. It allows any build to get past her spawn phase. I also combine my innovative trick with the known DD way to get past her, to make it even easier. Either works on its own (I tested multiple times on normal atziri before doing Uber today), but it is safest/easiest using both.

I'll upload the vids soon of the 3 Uber Boss fights. I might do another round of Alluring to optimize a few things before posting them.

Thank you for the Hope donations anon sub :)

IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Jul 6, 2014, 3:44:54 PM
respect! ;)

cant wait for the vids :)
Did another Uber -- including AFKed the Trio as requested (World First -- and after a few mins of AFK I ran around the room for kicks), and what I believe is another World First: kill Uber Queen Atziri without using flasks (then again, I don't think any life-based melee tank has killed her solo, from start to end with deaths, with <= 3 auras -- so triple World Firsts ;)). Oh, and for you Aegis haters -- I didn't use Aegis on her just to make you happy... (okay not really, it was just better for my build not to).

Vids are processing now... will upload them and then will update the various threads.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Jul 6, 2014, 6:54:46 PM
awesome. I'm glad I stopped by to read this thread. Looking forward to seeing those videos
IGN: Jacian
Okay, I've uploaded all the vids and updated this thread in my original post. I'll go update my Vid thread as well. Cheers!
Last edited by Mortezzah on Jul 6, 2014, 9:55:01 PM
Excellent idea.

The video is still playing, have you explained the differences/links in this video anywhere already?

EDIT:
Looks like you were using rise of the phoenix?
IGN: Jacian
Last edited by javisb on Jul 6, 2014, 10:22:12 PM
Amazing kills and video mate!

Could you please share with us the links in the staff on your swap!

Thanks! <3
Incredible :)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Mortezzah wrote:
Did another Uber -- including AFKed the Trio as requested (World First -- and after a few mins of AFK I ran around the room for kicks), and what I believe is another World First: kill Uber Queen Atziri without using flasks (then again, I don't think any life-based melee tank has killed her solo, from start to end with deaths, with <= 3 auras -- so triple World Firsts ;)). Oh, and for you Aegis haters -- I didn't use Aegis on her just to make you happy... (okay not really, it was just better for my build not to).

Vids are processing now... will upload them and then will update the various threads.

Not to be overly critical but -- fuck it, this is softcore -- let's be real... that was not AFKing the trio, that was afking a hundred regular titty bitches and an unenraged cycloner+dualstriker.

Essentially you've just done what both Testround and HvCasualTheSecond have already achieved (in a hardcore league at that.)

So... AFK vs the trio in their original state is still to be achieved!
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Jul 7, 2014, 4:12:45 AM
Amazing achievement. Well done. Little discouraging is the need for legacy items to pull this off. I guess the legacy discussion is not really for this thread, but still feel they shouldn't exist (in other words they should have been removed), so the end game is not balanced around them, as it seems it is now.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info