Just noticed: Lioneye's Remorse nerfed but no one said anything and wiki is wrong

I'm confused. Very confused. I am 100% sure I saw Lioneye's Remorse at max being 2050 (or 2049.6 if you do the math) armor.

According to the wiki, Lioneye's Remorse goes from a MINIMUM of 1464 to 1708 armor. (Link: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lioneye's_Remorse)

This means with 1708 armor, adding 20% to it (1708 * 0.2 + 1708) = the number given above (2049.6). However, browsing through PoEXYZ, I found that the top shield is only 1705. How can a 20% shield be only 1705 when it's a max of 1708 WITHOUT 20%? Something is horribly wrong here.

You can see the top shield here (just click armor for the highest listing): http://poe.xyz.is/search/getobisamameto

Someone explain to me what happened here? Math doesn't add up; math never fails.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
Last edited by Evlesoa on Feb 1, 2014, 7:37:18 AM
Shields got nerfed in general. Their base values were reduced by like 20-25% or something.

Presumably to promote 2H/DW builds.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
That sucks. When was this, and who is gonna update the wiki?
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
Happened at release. It's probably somewhere on the wiki for the release patch notes. It would be silly to update every single unique page that got effected, since the change was retroactive.
Long live the new Flesh
"
Evlesoa wrote:
That sucks. When was this, and who is gonna update the wiki?

1.0.0 patch. 'All shield defences have been reduced by 17%.'
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Yeah, wiki is outdated and incorrect about a lot of things, it's not an official resource.

When in doubt, just do the entire math yourself:

406 base armour (pinnacle tower shield)
* 3.5 (maximum roll)
* 1.2 (quality)
= 1705.2
But the pinnacle shield was updated. Why the hell wasn't Lioneye's Remorse? This logic makes no sense whatsoever.

"
Evlesoa wrote:
But the pinnacle shield was updated. Why the hell wasn't Lioneye's Remorse? This logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Oh, yeah you're right, just checked. I thought you were saying they should've added a note about it being "nerfed".

But yeah, someone should probably update it. As Ezhiel said, the wiki isn't dealt with by GGG, it's a community-based wiki. So it's just something that nobody thought to do I guess.
Long live the new Flesh
Right. I was expecting an update, that's why. Otherwise, as we've seen, people like me are misled :(

You're on here asking who will update the wiki?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info