One Zombie Vs Merciless Piety

"
Artanthos wrote:
"
gr00grams wrote:
This works for active builds, but not summoners.

Mon'tregul's Grasp is swapped out already as standard procedure to bypass the 50% limit.

The player in the video was not capable of using a Midnight Bargan (The item excludes usage in conjunction with CI. Other players would need two, one for each item set, but if you've got 200+ exalts.....)

Since none of the minion gems are located in a weapon/shield, yes, summoners can swap.

Actually he's not CI, he uses a Shav's so he could use Midnight Bargain.
He also clearly has all of his health reserved. So clearly not CI.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
I like how people in this topic are missing the point that he usually has many more zombies and other summons... Zombies are the weakest summon in such a build.
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
gr00grams wrote:
This works for active builds, but not summoners.

Mon'tregul's Grasp is swapped out already as standard procedure to bypass the 50% limit.

Using a weapon swap with Midnight Bargain to gain extra minions would require two sets. If using purely for stat bonuses, you would swap them out after summoning just to get rid of the HP cost.

Since none of the minion gems are located in a weapon/shield, yes, summoners can swap.

I don't have a Mont to test, but if you swap from Midnight in an active combat zone, you de-summon all the extra minions it provides.

So in the case of two Midnights, that's 4 skeletons, 2 zombies and 2 specters lost if you swap weapons. This I know for absolute fact, I have a Midnight, and tried to do this.

Without the 'snap-shotting' however, players would need to actually keep hold of the Mont to have their super zombies remain, unless it works differently, which I cannot verify. It's penalty was however assured to combat doing exactly what this swap would allow, so it leads me to believe it would also de-summon them, without snap-shot. If I take off a piece of gear that holds my summon gem in an active area, all those summons disappear. Even switching weapons. This again leads me to believe the Mont swap is also the snap-shot exploit. You would be limited to 4-5 super zombies, and no more without snap-shot.

EDIT*

I think people are too focused on his gear, rather than all the things snap-shot allows;

For another example;

He summons the Skeletons with BoR.
BoR does not allow a chest piece.
He wears a shavs, and summons yet other things with Tabula Rasa.

I would fathom over 80% of this guys' build is based around snap-shot exploit.
Last edited by gr00grams on Jan 31, 2014, 5:16:15 PM
"
kasub wrote:
I like how people in this topic are missing the point that he usually has many more zombies and other summons... Zombies are the weakest summon in such a build.

Not really.

The point is there are builds that can one-shot Piety at that level with equivalent gear.

He's basically showing off killing a boss he out levels and out gears by 20-30 levels. It is equivalent to a level 70 character bragging about killing cruel Piety.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
gr00grams wrote:

I think people are too focused on his gear, rather than all the things snap-shot allows;

For another example;

I posted a breakdown on the process and my opinion in the thread that spawned this one.

I do think it is being abused.

I don't think it makes summoner more powerful than other builds.
Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkyRC5GSafo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaMamTnTjgo
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Jan 31, 2014, 5:39:34 PM
"

That's wrong.
And i don't see what is particular in this video.
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
gr00grams wrote:

For another example;

I posted a breakdown on the process and my opinion in the thread that spawned this one.

I do think it is being abused.

I don't think it makes summoner more powerful than other builds.
Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkyRC5GSafo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaMamTnTjgo

Spoiler
Nice Standard builds bro.
Why did this turn in some sort of discussion lol?

I like the video OP it was entertaining. I never imagined this possible (since i don't play summoners :D ) but it looks like the dude had some fun doing that.

Peace

(some of you need to drink a bit preferably whisky)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
To be fair to the op none of us are discounting your position . we all know very well how op it is.
But this like thread 20 on snapshotting.

It is hard to not emphasize the silly part of your example .which is how rich that guy is

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info