"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
he is also super stacked,

i mean jsut look at amount of stuff he needed to do that ,

not one but two midnights
a montreguls
a bor

all those gems

and 9 motherfucking auras on what i can assume is a prizm guardian and a 6s shavs.

what is that 200 exalted?

I am not the creator of the video, nor Reddit-thread, and will agree he IS super stacked.

That said, he is NOT using it for this video in full;

i.e. Two midnights are irrelevant. This is one zombie.
He is providing his auras and the new summon castable-support spells. Out of all the 'wealth' of his character, he's not using even 1/4th of his minion power. Not even 1/20th probably.

The thing to think about is he does this with one zombie, when he could have 10+ of them.
This seems it is directly a result of the current summoner 'snap-shot' issue. I.e. Using BoR to summon, then switching it out, Tabula, etc.

He has no specters here, no skeletons, etc.
You compare an equal 'super stacked' player to ONE of this guys' zombies, when in reality he would have in the range of 10+ zombies, 4+ specters, +16 skeletons, with the current 'snap-shotting' available for minions, each set of minions tailored to output this kind of result, save perhaps skeletons.

EDIT* I will say as a summoner myself, my entire horde is probably the equivalent of 2 of this guys' zombies, without abusing the gem-juggling mechanics of summoner snap-shot. I have 5 auras myself, no Prism Guardian, I could have about 8 if I wanted to use my HP pool for more, but I don't have the gem slots... which leads back to the 'snap-shot' again. How would you have 9 auras, plus Skeletons, Zombies AND specters with a curse and the new Summoner skills? There is literally not enough slots on gear...
Last edited by gr00grams on Jan 31, 2014, 4:27:45 PM
Lol this kinda shows (to me at least) where everyone would be if they had 200+ exalts of gear for their own builds.
"Nope, it is GGG's game/they choose to let you play/can at any moment prohibit you from playing" ~ Mazul
"GGG definitely has the power to 'tell' me how to play it.

In the end, the only real choice I, you, we have is, is whether we play or not at all." ~ CharanJaydemyr
Hey guys did you know that with 100-200 exalts worth of gear, you can break the game?

Herpa derp derp
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 31, 2014, 4:36:35 PM
"
gr00grams wrote:
Here's a link to the reddit thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1wo3ma/one_zombie_vs_merciless_piety/

Direct link to the YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9RZcHpUnN0

Discuss...

As stated in another thread.

Videos of people farming Piety need to be taken with a grain of salt. You're watching somebody 20-30 levels above the content using top-tier gear.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
tackle70 wrote:
Hey guys did you know that with 100-200 exalts worth of gear, you can break the game?

Herpa derp derp

This misses the point entirely.
Too many are looking at this guys' gear value, and not at the real issue.

For example again;

There is not enough gem slots to use NINE auras, Skeletons, Zombies, Specters, the new summoner Minion gems, AND curses etc.

This is irrelevant of what his gear is. This guy is using about 10+ gems that would not otherwise be available to him to begin with. The value of his gear bears no meaning in this.

There are nowhere near enough gem slots on gear to use all of these skills, regardless if the piece is worth 1 transmutation shard, or 100 exalted orbs.

Please, everyone stop focusing on the value of the gear.
Last edited by gr00grams on Jan 31, 2014, 4:45:22 PM
Don't worry, snapshotting will get fixed....eventually.
"
gr00grams wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

Herpa derp derp

This misses the point entirely.
Too many are looking at this guys' gear value, and not at the real issue.

For example again;

There is not enough gem slots to use NINE auras, Skeletons, Zombies, Specters, AND curses etc.

This is irrelevant of what his gear is.
There are nowhere near enough gem slots on gear to use all of this, regardless if the piece is worth 1 transmutation shard, or 100 exalted orbs.

We really don't give a shit about snap shotting I'm just letting you know that.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
gr00grams wrote:
How would you have 9 auras, plus Skeletons, Zombies AND specters with a curse and the new Summoner skills? There is literally not enough slots on gear...

You have two weapon sets and the ability to swap with a single key.

Curses do not require the gem to remain equipped. Curse your opponent and swap weapon sets. (In no way an exploit.)

With Snapshotting, you could use a 6L chest to raise specters then swap out the support gems to 5L an alternate skill. (Yes, an exploit.)
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Jan 31, 2014, 4:47:40 PM
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
gr00grams wrote:
How would you have 9 auras, plus Skeletons, Zombies AND specters with a curse and the new Summoner skills? There is literally not enough slots on gear...

You have two weapon sets and the ability to swap with a single key.

Curses do not require the gem to remain equipped. Curse your opponent and swap weapon sets

If you swap weapons while holding the Midnight bargain, Mont, etc, those summons de-summon, unless you do the snap-shot tricks etc in town.

This works for active builds, but not summoners.

"
We really don't give a shit about snap shotting I'm just letting you know that.

Were you then in favor of CoD too? I don't understand this.
It's ok to have something that entirely breaks the balance of the game?
Last edited by gr00grams on Jan 31, 2014, 4:48:46 PM
"
gr00grams wrote:
This works for active builds, but not summoners.

Mon'tregul's Grasp is swapped out already as standard procedure to bypass the 50% limit.

Using a weapon swap with Midnight Bargain to gain extra minions would require two sets. If using purely for stat bonuses, you would swap them out after summoning just to get rid of the HP cost.

Since none of the minion gems are located in a weapon/shield, yes, summoners can swap.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Jan 31, 2014, 4:59:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info