Screenshot of 1.1.0 Waypoint Effect

chris/trust_me_fish_here.jpg
"
"
Szuger wrote:
It looks to me that you are speaking about two different things
the casting portal sound that DO exist
and the entrance and porting sound which Boglav pointed out missing (iam not missing one, dont need that :P)

so no woosh and zazings in this matter XD

There's an enter sound when you use the portal and go into the loading screen, and an exit sound when you get out of the loading screen in the new area. Maybe they're too quiet :\

People play with incorrect sound values, I hear portals just fine and use it all the time when playing party races to call it out.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
i don't really like the effect on all the time; it's very loud and makes it hard to see the unique parts of each waypoint. it would be cool if that activated when you clicked on a waypoint to teleport though.
I think I found the fish don't think this counts but well there are fish
http://imgur.com/kGFrRDB
There are also fish in act 3 town next to Hargan.
Last edited by La_Di_Da_Da on Feb 1, 2014, 2:16:35 AM
"
Chris wrote:
trust_me_fish_here.jpg

Listen to the fish, it's a poetic dish. -Bonaparte (Tobias Jundt)
so in other words new leagues will start sometime after the 5th march :) ok.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Oh that's badass
#NeverGoing90
Damn fine, job well done.
"
Kenza wrote:
"
xXSylarXx wrote:
WTF? A News for a "blue Portal thing"...?!?
What about a news about fixing desync?
What about a news about fixing the terrible trade-system?
ATM, the fans stand behind GGG, but not forever...
Time to stop adding Uniques and Skills, time to fix the REAL problems.

Edit: And its time to add an option for DISABLEING all that stupied effects in groups!
Sometimes, i cant see mobs because the screen is full of Bling-Bling!

Yup Exactly!

Fix the real problems, surely pushing cosmetic content will not sustain and grow POE going forward!

I am starting to think that you guys at GGG can't fix these problems, hence they are ignored. Rather like an ostrich with its head in the sand.

Disappointed POE Supporter

Do you think the same guys that do the coding do also draw new textures and making blink effects? Do you think that IT guys all do the same? You two are kind of ignorant (and probably not just you two).
my estimation is like 100 man days to reforge trade system. 0.1 man HOUR to code a blue effect over waypoint.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
"
"
boglav wrote:
I wonder..is there a reason for no sound effect when a portal is used? I have thought about this since CB. Not necessarily for waypoints, but for portals at least.

I mean open portal : "wooshhh"..use portal: "zazinggg.."

Audio feedback is important too (to some, i guess..)

There is a sound effect when portals are used :(

The effect is probably being clipped by the loading screen (I notice dialog [like when your character makes a comment] and stuff doesn't continue through a loading screen).

That must be it then. Sorry for not noticing, for me it was silence. Must pay more attention maybe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info