[1.3] Templar Summoner a.k.a The Pillager - HC/Bloodlines - Updated

"
ampdgmr wrote:
"while zombies at level 20 have 2416 base life, 2709 at 21 and 3027 at level 22."

Wow I didn't know such a big leap, that makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

I get it now, the snapshotting I think. I need to find this tabula rasa.

Ty again.

So I put on chober and sidhebreath, and now I can summon fullstrength zombies without swapping anything else.

Tabula is 6 links, so when we summon spectre we can attach another support gem to it? what do u recommend? maybe fire penetration?

You are welcome.

Tabula is not necessary, you can use white 5l that you can buy for 2-3c.
This is my 6L combo now:
Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Minion Life - Totem and Minion Elemental Resistance - Inreased Burning Damage - Increased Area of Effect.

Works like a charm. In 5L you can lose inc AOE and you should still be fine. I got Tabula at lvl 78 and I was managing everything without inc AOE up to that level.

After you level up FA and Hatred, you will not be able to use Sidhebreath anymore, but at that point, minions will be pimped more than enough.
IGN: @ToeTags
Guild: SSDD
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Feb 2, 2014, 2:18:11 PM
Ok ty, heh I have a 5 link chest piece but getting it BBBBR is very hard. I got BBBBG many times, but never a single red slot.
"
"
ampdgmr wrote:
"while zombies at level 20 have 2416 base life, 2709 at 21 and 3027 at level 22."

Wow I didn't know such a big leap, that makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

I get it now, the snapshotting I think. I need to find this tabula rasa.

Ty again.

So I put on chober and sidhebreath, and now I can summon fullstrength zombies without swapping anything else.

Tabula is 6 links, so when we summon spectre we can attach another support gem to it? what do u recommend? maybe fire penetration?

You are welcome.

Tabula is not necessary, you can use white 5l that you can buy for 2-3c.
This is my 6L combo now:
Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Minion Life - Totem and Minion Elemental Resistance - Inreased Burning Damage - Increased Area of Effect.

Works like a charm. In 5L you can lose inc AOE and you should still be fine. I got Tabula at lvl 78 and I was managing everything without inc AOE up to that level.

After you level up FA and Hatred, you will not be able to use Sidhebreath anymore, but at that point, minions will be pimped more than enough.

Why cant you use Sidhebreath?
Hey! Again, great build man! I'm currently level 64 and already mapping! Sure I spent a bit of currency to get some gear, but it's definitely not needed! You can easily do this with self found gear. I decided to go a magic find route rather then your tank version. Only real difference is the gear has IIQ and IIR, and of course because I put MF > Life, my life is about half of yours, at level 64. But I don't feel squishy at all! With the regain, and the wall of tanky zombies, I hardly ever get really low.

In the passive tree, I did exactly what you did, but got a +30 dex node for my gear, and didn't grab EE because of + fire damage on my gear, don't want to make my specters lose damage =p
Also note for anyone looking at mine, I am in Domination, so the survivability isn't as big of a deal for me.

Here is my gear and skills.

Spoiler

And of course, my gear is definitely not the greatest, I will be upgrading it as I can.

Thanks for build! It's going great.

Just a quick edit, I have decided to switch to dual totem arc for my culling, I don't have the regen totem, but so far has not been an issue.
Last edited by kayklown on Feb 4, 2014, 1:27:02 AM
"
milrz wrote:
Why cant you use Sidhebreath?

Well, you can if you get dex on your rings/gloves. Sadly, most of my dex comes from my amulet. And you need 109 dex for lvl 20 FA and 95 dex for lvl 20 Hatred.
"
kayklown wrote:
Hey! Again, great build man! I'm currently level 64 and already mapping! Sure I spent a bit of currency to get some gear, but it's definitely not needed! You can easily do this with self found gear. I decided to go a magic find route rather then your tank version. Only real difference is the gear has IIQ and IIR, and of course because I put MF > Life, my life is about half of yours, at level 64. But I don't feel squishy at all! With the regain, and the wall of tanky zombies, I hardly ever get really low.

In the passive tree, I did exactly what you did, but got a +30 dex node for my gear, and didn't grab EE because of + fire damage on my gear, don't want to make my specters lose damage =p
Also note for anyone looking at mine, I am in Domination, so the survivability isn't as big of a deal for me.

Here is my gear and skills.

Spoiler

And of course, my gear is definitely not the greatest, I will be upgrading it as I can.

Thanks for build! It's going great.

You are welcome brother, and I am glad its working for you.
Just finished a 70 map with insane mods for summoner, was super fun :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv2aENdeUJY
Map was not that dangerous for me, I am pretty buffed, but minions will always be squishy come to massive elemental/aoe damage.
Having problems with Minion survivability in high level maps, as you can see in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gigzbitdaxU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUwo2BNd1a1JXH5MntSV-LfQ

Bought high quality gems, linked Minion Life to Zombies instead of FA. Using 15%/15%/14% Sidhebreath that I've found yesterday for yet more life (and now I can since I don't neeed dex for FA).

Will give you guys an update when I level up new gems.

[UPDATE] Much, much better. Doing 76s like it's nothing. Will update after I roll Chains + Porcupines like in that Necropolis map, or something similar.
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Feb 5, 2014, 8:45:36 AM
"
Having problems with Minion survivability in high level maps, as you can see in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gigzbitdaxU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUwo2BNd1a1JXH5MntSV-LfQ

Bought high quality gems, linked Minion Life to Zombies instead of FA. Using 15%/15%/14% Sidhebreath that I've found yesterday for yet more life (and now I can since I don't neeed dex for FA).

Will give you guys an update when I level up new gems.

[UPDATE] Much, much better. Doing 76s like it's nothing. Will update after I roll Chains + Porcupines like in that Necropolis map, or something similar.

It's nice to see we're on the same page. I totally took your idea, and all credit to you, I love the build. But I did change some things from the original, IE not using hatred, but instead using determination, purity, and vitality.

I also used minion life instead of FA in my +2 helmet that has zombies. I think that since burning miscreations are the main source of damage we don't need 100% offensive zombies.
How many summons do you have when you play like zombies or spectors or??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info