[1.3] Templar Summoner a.k.a The Pillager - HC/Bloodlines - Updated

Starting a Templar summoner tonight (excited)
I think all new skills for summoner is really cool. You should update. Like this build but i dont like Spectral throw
"
I think all new skills for summoner is really cool. You should update. Like this build but i dont like Spectral throw

Spectral Throw was just temporary skill till I figure out what I need.

New Skill Update (Personal Thoughts):

Take note, I haven't tested them at higher level, so I may be wrong.

Bone Offering and Flesh Offering are great, but, so far, my minion damage and survivability is pretty damn high without them. It may change on really high level maps, but at 71s, which are the highest ones I've played so far, I had no problems whatsoever.

Summon Raging Spirit is cool, but I've realized that I am actually wasting time that I can spend on re-positioning and cursing on summoning spirits that don't do that much. With this, I am actually losing DPS.

Desecrate is not working for me, at least at lower levels. Yet to see it to actually summon a corpse.

What I am thinking now is to use Arc. I see a lot of witch/scion summoners use it to shock mobs and boost damage. Static Blows and Elemental Equilibrium would work with it perfectly, and they are already bordering current skill tree, so that's only 2 points I would have to sacrifice, most likely life nodes.

IGN: @ToeTags
Guild: SSDD
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Jan 31, 2014, 10:21:07 AM
So far I really like your build. There is a cool summoners helm and a few other items I might look into. Would like to see maybe your gear and links your using? Also are you messing with just zombies and skellys or are you doing others?
"
milrz wrote:
So far I really like your build. There is a cool summoners helm and a few other items I might look into. Would like to see maybe your gear and links your using? Also are you messing with just zombies and skellys or are you doing others?

Gear is posted. And I don't use skeletons at all, no need for them. Only Zombies and Specters. I use snapshotting and Chober while summoning them.

Ps. Just remembered that I didn't explain how snapshotting works, so I've uploaded a video with a simple explanation.
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Jan 31, 2014, 8:16:06 PM
I'm working on a summoner with a similar build. Main difference is that instead of going down to the Scion life nodes I took the life & mana nodes on either side of the Witch area and went through the ES nodes above Scion. Or that's the plan anyway, still leveling.

I've been using a lot of Raging Spirits and doing well with it, but I see the point about using Arc with Static Blows and Elemental Equilibrium . That's probably a better route.

Desecrate works fine for me, spawning 3 corpses per cast. I mostly like to use it right before Flesh Offering to boost the duration.
So far so good I guess with new update summoners are back. I have several 83+ players and this by far the strongest fastest clearer.
Last edited by milrz on Feb 1, 2014, 12:36:32 AM
Thank you for great build!
and could I ask one thing?
what reward do I have to get from 'the bandit' quest?
"
RageSloth wrote:
Thank you for great build!
and could I ask one thing?
what reward do I have to get from 'the bandit' quest?

You are welcome and KILL EM ALL! Well, that's what I did, I prefer those passives over the other bonuses.
"
Nobake wrote:
I'm working on a summoner with a similar build. Main difference is that instead of going down to the Scion life nodes I took the life & mana nodes on either side of the Witch area and went through the ES nodes above Scion. Or that's the plan anyway, still leveling.

I've been using a lot of Raging Spirits and doing well with it, but I see the point about using Arc with Static Blows and Elemental Equilibrium . That's probably a better route.

Desecrate works fine for me, spawning 3 corpses per cast. I mostly like to use it right before Flesh Offering to boost the duration.

Yea, this is still work in progress. I'll see what I am going to do when I finish build. Perhaps I'll go for life+mana nodes instead of going south. Something like this. It's 8% less life but you gain 48% mana.

http://bit.ly/1aaGZTL

And yea, desecrate + offering spells can work great for leveling, since your minions are a bit squishy at lower levels. I can't tell, I've leveled before 1.0.6 :)
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Feb 1, 2014, 7:32:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info