Dying Breath 1.0.6 Unique

Sorry Lezli - GGG just trolled you out of $1,000.
Another garbage unique - check

More rehashed mtx's - check

Work on desync and pvp - nope
@Sidtherat
Thanks for all the input! I accept that you seem to be a heavy player with more summoner experience than average, but is everything you're saying based on just your own experience, or is it based on what the general consensus seems to be?
I understand the more hardcore players tend to be the most vocal, and so it can seem like a situation is one way based on browsing the forums/reddit/general chat, but doesn't actually reflect what the majority of players experience.
I know that hardcore players tend to just use the most convenient skill and the highest DPS weapon they can get to level as fast as possible, but even after several thousand hours in the game, I've only leveled maybe half my characters that way, and the majority of the people I've played with level with friends, using the skills they plan to use in maps.
I wanted to make a weapon that's interesting, but still mechanically sound to level with for someone who's damage is independent of their weapon, and could be used all the way into early maps if you're not "powerleveling". Do you think the item doesn't accomplish that, and won't be used in any aspect of the game?

@Tmaciak
I appreciate that you avoided saying "trash unique" bluntly, but it's more helpful if you give specifics as to why you think it's trash. XD

@Toyotatundra
Chance recipe is better. Since it's a low base item, getting a rare/magic/common version of it should be pretty easy.

@Eyedol
Lol, thanks for the tip. The whole creation process was a blast, and seeing my unique featured as a content patch preview was a great rush. Just because my unique isn't going to be one of the ones that defines the metagame doesn't mean it wasn't worth it (although I won't say that it never getting used wouldn't be a bit of a downer)!

@Rhoasjustkilledmybaby
Your complaint has been logged, and GGG will take it into serious consideration for the next patch (just kidding). I'd appreciate some specific feedback if you have any. -^.^-
In-Game-Name: Lezli
Last edited by Lezli on Jan 28, 2014, 4:59:30 AM
I if you ever get one dont trash it pm me instead i have at least 12 char wh9 will use it
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
The balance department in this game really confuses me. Sometimes these seem really strict and then you see stuff like Soul Taker, Voltaxic, Auxium, Thunderfist. etc etc. Where were they when those were released?

Why couldn't this staff have been a higher level and been a bit more powerful?
Standard Forever
in short (im on a phone and typing is not easy)

i find summoner the best and most rewarding class out of all ive played. i got it as far as my map rng allowed me to and i have terrible gear (i use 4l icetomb chest!).

for me summoner issues are:

- ele dmg
- stuns
- dots
- phys dmg

- mobility (melee piety syndrome)

- dps.

damage was never a problem for me. stuff just dies with uber zombies oneshooting entire packs while facetanking graveyard merveil. to achieve that zombies have to be maxed on resists and have enough buffer to start dealing dmg. i find it diffixult without necro aegis and for me melee minions without it are suicide.

ofc nothing stops me from getting 3 spectres (bm or evangelists. both are broken)

this staff augments minion dmg by some percent (my minions have around 100%already so that 18% is more like 5%) and affect curses. sadly even that is reduced by bosses resistance to curses. other than that it has nothing id like to have - even for free! and current price is weapon and shield slot.

you can level with this staff. probably. but queens decree is a strong contender here. curse bonus and part dmg are end game options. early on these mean little. and end game you need to survive first. 18%dmg taken is HUGE. if it was easy to ignore abyssus would go for 40ex
Hi, I like your unique. However, this is what concerns me not just about this unique but about a lot of them.

I play this game more than most 'casuals', but my attitude about it is still pretty darn casual. So I'm not an elitist who min/maxes for soultaker/aurora builds with mirrored daggers.

But what is bothering me about the new uniques is that they are all so low level that they are not even keeping up with casual players.

I have rerolled so many times with so many casual builds. I have a stash filled with leveling items. I just don't need any more leveling items. And I am a casual!!

I'll use a Tabula Rasa in a level 70 map in standard league I don't even care! =p

But these level 20-30-40 items even for casual ole me I just don't have much use for them.

I like this item though, but early game content is so easy I just don't see why I'd need one.

I like what you are going for with the unique, though.
"
iamstryker wrote:
stuff like Soul Taker, Voltaxic, Auxium, Thunderfist. etc etc. Where were they when those were released?

At the bank cashing the cheque
"
Lezli wrote:
@Rhoasjustkilledmybaby
Your complaint has been logged, and GGG will take it into serious consideration for the next patch (just kidding). I'd appreciate some specific feedback if you have any. -^.^-

simple, (a) its a staff - leaves you open defensively since maxing block on a staff is impossible and what you can get is too spread out over the tree, and also you get less armor, res, life.

(b) it offers nothing amazing, the other summoner uniques or a rare set with NA is much better.

Its ''meeeeeeh''

If a weapon and shield had to give me some measly fcr and mana, extra aura and curse radius, curse effect, some small increase (its not even more) in damage to my minions, while making me take more damage ... i'd be pretty pissed off.
Last edited by rhoasjustkilledmybaby on Jan 28, 2014, 5:27:36 AM
"
Lezli wrote:

@Tmaciak
I appreciate that you avoided saying "trash unique" bluntly, but it's more helpful if you give specifics as to why you think it's trash. XD

It was written numerous times in this topic. This staff decreases one's survivability directly (18% increased damage) and indirectly (it's a staff) so to compensate it, it should deliver some interesting advantages. And it fails in this area, especially for solo/small party players. Almost every mod can be easily replaced by more viable alternative, without handicapping one's defenses.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info