Content Update 1.0.6 Video Preview and Deployment Date

this staff... anyone thinks it is good staff? it boosts minions in least important area (dmg) and gives nothing to their biggest weakness (survival). no +minions no +minion gems.. this isnt summoner's item. just isnt. that 18% block is nice, but staff passives are for melee so.. i do not know. and no necro aegis? sadly i expect 'wts summonerStaff 1alch'. no takers. it could have made a very nice ring or belt but 2h staff?

flaming spirit is a reskinned 'seaWitch spawn' from caverns (nothing wrong with that) however this has absolutely nothing to do with summoners. it might be affected by minion passives and be released with summoner patch but for all intents and purposes it is a ranged spell with fancy support interactions. still - nothing wrong with that

what is wrong is the interaction with Cast on Critical Strike. if this deals any damage worth mention expect to see screenshots of 50+ of these skulls floating around. it combines two abuse-able mechanics into uber abuse-able one.

i very much like the remaining 3 skills. i expect consecrated ground to be highly abuse-able with detonate dead (and with trap/totem/mine passives if these affect life of corpses). both support auras are very nice (albeit difficult/impossible to see if zombies are affected or not..) and surely will affect how summoners are played

what is their level scaling? that is - obviously - if they work with lvl 4 CWDT (because noone sane levels it above lvl 4..)

oh and one btw - that dunes boss.. was a nice joke. now it will make people ragequit earlier than in dunes. when people say 'cruel domino is easier than merc vaal' they expect cruel domino (and act3x in general) to be brought down. difficulty curve will now be very jagged

btw how will summoners kill that guy in cruel? id love to see it. with spectral throw or traps?
Last edited by sidtherat on Jan 27, 2014, 12:31:57 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
sadly i expect 'wts summonerStaff 1alch'. no takers. it could have made a very nice ring or belt but 2h staff?

add me, when you find one I'll gladly lowba- I mean... take it off your hands for a fair price :)
Last edited by NeoRussia on Jan 27, 2014, 12:37:53 PM
"
NeoRussia wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
sadly i expect 'wts summonerStaff 1alch'. no takers. it could have made a very nice ring or belt but 2h staff?

add me, when you find one I'll gladly lowba- I mean... take it off your hands for a fair price :)

will you take it after minion snapshooting is removed?
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
NeoRussia wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

yes because that would make it stronger since it will be the only second gear slot item worth having by a far.
Thanks for all your hard work Chris.... 17 hours bro, you need to spend time with the wife.

GROINDIN GHEA GAYMMMZ
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
"
NeoRussia wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
NeoRussia wrote:

yes because that would make it stronger since it will be the only second gear slot item worth having by a far.

2hander slot

win: possible 6link, increased effects on aura+curses+minion dmg+allies (by a pretty small amount IMO, considering the trade off)

lose: shield, necromantic aegis option, even less health options, more dmg taken even, less block. (and I am currently using tempest shield for increased defenses)

At this point Queen's Decree looks good. But let's see it into play. for now color me grey.

inb4 the second summoner unique is an Ocultist Vestment.
Last edited by Snookdog on Jan 27, 2014, 12:54:15 PM
you really think that this staff is in any way comparable to these + necro aegis?

resistances to minions == no need for purity of elements == one more offensive aura

i see no strong point in this item atm.

cast speed = NA
max mana = NA
max radius curse/aura = NA
inc dmg taken = issue for already glass'y summoners
inc effect of curses = neat. but sadly bosses/rares ignore curses due to red.effectiveness
inc dmg = ok. but is it worth more than one offensive aura?

the only bonus is 6L potential but you can have this already with Queens Decree
Hi

Did I just hear Chris correctly say the staff was good for SOLOING SUMMONERS?
I was under the misapprehension that since I started POE was never ever going to promote anything relating to SOLO play because this might interfere with promoting the economy,SF'ers UNITE!

Desecrated ground, very cool it summons bodies,bloody brilliant, the bouncing skull very cool also, don't know about the the other 2 that give minions extra powers( I am mixed on what to think about them)

Thought the skulls(lit/cold) were out already lol.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
What!? Zombie Slam is an attack that only applies to cruel and merc Hillock?
Will he be the only mob that has this kind of selectivity? It sounds very awkward.
Why don't you just make him do it rarely on normal difficulty? If he doesn't spam it, it's not that difficult to fight it back. Stop worrying so much about beginners; any monkey with half a brain can clear normal difficulty.

These new skills sound like fun (especially Desecrate: summons bodies, can be used for spectres [maybe] and combo with the Offerings; brilliant), we will see...
I really, really hope the fireball minion thing can be suported with Fire Penetration (and I hope it doesn't work with Melee Physical Damage) since the contrary woudn't make sense.
Also imo it doesn't look like a projectile (which would be fun, btw). If it was the case, the minion would at least run at random directions non-stop.

"
Not gona lie, as a summoner, I would NEVER use this staff. My minions are squishy enough as it is, them taking 18%ish more damage? No thanks.

Not to mention, the increased curse effect is worthless. You don't care about regular mobs as a summoner, bosses are your main issue. What do bosses have? They have HUGE curse resistance! This would net you what, +2% effect of your curses on bosses? At the cost of both your weapon and shield slot?? Not going to happen.

The only GOOD thing this staff has for it, and I mean really good thing, is the sexy aura art for it. I kinda like it.

Actually, the only thing I could think of, is do the raging spirits count as allies since they cant be targeted? If they do, then if your focused on them and mediocre summons like skellies and animate weapon then maybe you don't particularly care about how long your allies live. Mainstream summoners wont give a damn about this staff.

Yeah, this.
Spoiler
The inc dmg taken is only on you, no? That's what the description seems to say. Well, not good anyways.

Last edited by KieranGravebane on Jan 27, 2014, 1:07:25 PM
still no pvp info lame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info