Mr_Mustasch wrote:
General guidelines to price rare items if you are totally clueless:

1 Good Desirable Roll = 1-10 Chaos
2 Good Desirable Rolls = 1-2 EX
3 Good Desirable Rolls = 3-19 EX
4 Good Desirable Rolls = 20+ EX
5 Good Desirable Rolls = 50+ EX
6 Good Desirable Rolls = 100+ EX

NOTE 1: Bad rolls on desirable stats ruins exalt/eternal crafting, hence it may lower the price.

NOTE 2: The number of open stat slots effect the price. If more desirable rolls can be added with exalts, then it is good/attractive.

On Rare items with 3+ Good Desirable Stats:

4 linked = add 2 chaos
5 linked = add 4 EX
6 linked = add 20 EX

4 off colors = add 1-2 EX
5 off colors = add 3-4 EX
6 off colors = add 10 EX

You must realize that a range of 3-19 is essentially useless. If you walked into a store and the prices were labeled "somewhere between $3 and $19" would you find that information useful?
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 26, 2014, 11:37:53 AM
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:

NOTE 1: Bad rolls on desirable stats ruins exalt/eternal crafting, hence it may lower the price.

NOTE 2: The number of open stat slots effect the price. If more desirable rolls can be added with exalts, then it is good/attractive.

4 linked = add 2 chaos
5 linked = add 4 EX
6 linked = add 20 EX

6 off colors = add 10 EX

From my experience it is closer to
4 off colors =0-2ex
5off colors =5-10ex
6offcolors=10-90ex /on legacy shavrones it could add over 90ex but on rare items mostly 10-90

1 Good Desirable Roll = 0-3 Chaos
2 Good Desirable Rolls = 0-15 EX
3 Good Desirable Rolls = 3-30 EX
4 Good Desirable Rolls = 30+ EX
5 Good Desirable Rolls = 90+ EX
6 Good Desirable Rolls = 300+ EX

I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Yea i forgot to refresh the page so i didn't see the picture and since you already know how hard this will be we better do what the almighty picture says.

♦One hand swords:

Early/mid game. (1-50lvl)

At this point in the game any roll with damage is valluabe, be it a mix of physical and elemental or a high attackspeed and no added damage mods (because of viper- strike).

Early end game. (50-70)

At this point of time you want to have a sword with at least 200 dps to do well while leveling and have a pleasant time while doing so. (Dps is calculated by {min damaga+max dmg}/2x{attackspeed})

End game. (70+)

Your build should be about done and you are looking for specific physical or elemental damage swords.

WHAT YOU NEED

Prefered itemtype: Any sword with high base attackspeed (1.5+)

For mods:

-If you are physical, you need:
A high attackspeed mod (20%+)

A high physical damage mode (120%+)

A high flat damage mod.

If all these mods are high enough you will be looking at a sword ranging from 280-350 dps and worth 1-10 exalts(depending on dps).

-If you are elemental, you need:

Three high elemental damage rolls (fire+cold+lightning)

If all these mods are high enough you will be looking at a sword ranging from 220-280 elemental dps (i am not counting the physical dps since it does nothing for you)
and since the recent nerfs worth 5chaos - 1exalt sword.

You can also have crit or higher dps with higher rolls but that is situational and price changes accordingly.

I love swords and hope i got this info right.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jan 26, 2014, 12:06:36 PM
"
CAKE wrote:
Spoiler
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:

4 linked = add 2 chaos
5 linked = add 4 EX
6 linked = add 20 EX

6 off colors = add 10 EX

From my experience it is closer to
4 off colors =0-2ex
5off colors =5-10ex
6offcolors=10-90ex /on legacy shavrones it could add over 90ex but on rare items mostly 10-90

Well that's a way to see things and a pretty solid start.
Now can you divide each part of:

into base items categories and then define what are those good rolls?
like:
Daggers=

The more you put details the less complexe price checking will become!

"
Pyrokar wrote:
Spoiler
Yea i forgot to refresh the page so i didn't see the picture and since you already know how hard this will be we better do what the almighty picture says.

♦One hand swords:

Early/mid game. (1-50lvl)

At this point in the game any roll with damage is valluabe, be it a mix of physical and elemental or a high attackspeed and no added damage mods (because of viper- strike).

Early end game. (50-70)

At this point of time you want to have a sword with at least 200 dps to do well while leveling and have a pleasant time while doing so. (Dps is calculated by {min damaga+max dmg}/2x{attackspeed})

End game. (70+)

Your build should be about done and you are looking for specific physical or elemental damage swords.

WHAT YOU NEED

Prefered itemtype: Any sword with high base attackspeed (1.5+)

For mods:

-If you are physical, you need:

A high physical damage mode (120%+)

A high flat damage mod.

If all these mods are high enough you will be looking at a sword ranging from 280-350 dps and worth 1-10 exalts(depending on dps).

-If you are elemental, you need:

Three high elemental damage rolls (fire+cold+lightning)

If all these mods are high enough you will be looking at a sword ranging from 220-280 elemental dps (i am not counting the physical dps since it does nothing for you)
and since the recent nerfs worth 5chaos - 1exalt sword.

You can also have crit or higher dps with higher rolls but that is situational and price changes accordingly.

I love swords and hope i got this info right.

Well this is fantabulous. Another person could put details and maybe even link items.
You say that an item ranging from 220 to 280 elemental dps is worth: 5chaos - 1exalt
I understand how it can be difficult to price exaclty a 240 or 250 or 260 or 270 ele dps then. What about crit and other mods?
A very difficult task.

http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
Last edited by INEXFadeXFHONOR on Jan 26, 2014, 11:53:18 AM
I tried to put in some examples, but then i realised that my gear sucks so i deleted them again. About crit, as i said before it increases the value (standard league) of the item but not as much as the other stats.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jan 26, 2014, 12:10:06 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

You must realize that a range of 3-19 is essentially useless. If you walked into a store and the prices were labeled "somewhere between $3 and $19" would you find that information useful?

Obviously the 3-19 range is for the shop owner only. It is mid-range loot. It requires some research and experimentation to find out what the actual price should be set to. You know, what the customer finally see.

For someone who starts out, it is valuable to understand this, so he does not price an item that is worth 6 EX at 4 chaos. Even if he price the item at 3 EX (half its value), he is 15 times better off than if he had sold it at 4 chaos (1/30 of its value).

The majority of rares you find will not be worth more than 4 EX anyway. Finding a rare that is worth 10+ EX is like finding a really valuable unique. Chances are not high. For someone who starts out, even if he price all good 3-stat items at 3 EX he will do relatively ok.

Last edited by Mr_Mustasch on Jan 26, 2014, 12:38:41 PM
there are so many builds and variations that this is a VERY difficult task

take this wand

it has no crit for spells, nor crit multi. so it is trash? my incinerate/fire char begs to differ (that mana is also useful because i'm MoM character). i bought it from trade chat for (iirc) 1 chaos or something (very low) and i was prepared to go into exalts for it..

for phys weapons it is a bit easier (flat non-crit builds):

find the 'maximum possible dmg chart'. select weapon type (swords have the best passives), select highest speed sword (jeweled foil) and then phys%, phys+, hybrid phys%/acc, attack speed

currently game favors AS over anything else so do not even look at slow weapons (unless incredibly rolled) because due to auras and general scaling of 'on hit' fast>slow

ps max dps chart
Spoiler
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApGogsednYO4dDhZOUJNQ182ZGhmTVRNa0hnWUM4TUE&usp=sharing#gid=0
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I tried to put in some examples, but then i realised that my gear sucks so i deleted them again. About crit, as i said before it increases the value (standard league) of the item but not as much as the other stats.

crit is optional on ele swords: alright noted.

@sidtherat:
No i did not say it's trash.

"

Spoiler
Increased spell damage%
Cast speed%
Spell crit%
Crit multiplier%

Or

attack crit%(local crit from 5 to 12%'ish)
Increased damage%
Added X-Y damage
Good attack speed

Now If a wand has this four mods(one or another) then it's probably going be a good item, if the wand has mixed mods from the 2 groups of mods then it depends on what it has(good cast speed with great attack dmg% is not going to change an item) if it has 2-3 or those four mods it's probably a good item aswell.

Ok it's basically 1 mod ( spell%) + 2 optional mods:
+Mana
+Projectiles speed
(there are also: resists/mana regen)
Yeah i should expand my wand price check little guide. I would like to to so.
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
Cheers"_TugBot_

I bought this for 2 alchs.

Good deal for a twink? (it only takes lvl..33 to use I think? Maybe 38 I can't remember)
Last edited by SamBaLam on Jan 26, 2014, 1:32:56 PM
I just asked it get moved to Dom PC forum rather than standard.

@SamBaLam: It's a nice deal. Items like that can vary between 1 alch and 2 chaos.
Cheers"_TugBot_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info