[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well i'll keep it updated like all of my builds/guides ^^

Thats great, thank you for all your work :)

PS: Seems that the skilltree of the Duelist will be changed http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1xrt2d/is_the_passive_skill_tree_changing_in_11/ . I hope this build still works then ^^
Last edited by Afura on Feb 20, 2014, 12:14:50 PM
Seems like it takes a while for Piety to die to Leap Slam, why not put something like double strike in a 4link to kill her faster?
Well the difference is around 4-5 seconds it's really not worth the effort for me.
BUT you can try and get rid of the IIR/IIQ gems for the leap slam and pu concentrated effect and life leech and use heavy strike with IIR/IIQ for culling. I'm testing that now and it works pretty well so far + it makes farming DOminus extremely easy and fast and Piety just dies in few seconds.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Ok, thanks for the reply. Also you mentioned that reduced mana level 19 is sufficient to run all three auras for this build, but I'm pretty sure that you need level 20 for it to work, unless I am missing something. My math is as follows:

60% * .72 = 43.2 -> rounds to 44
40% * .72 = 28.8 -> rounds to 29
40% * .72 = 28.8 -> rounds to 29

44+29+29=102% mana reserved.

EDIT: Oops, you are correct. Should have rounded down.
Last edited by hatoblue on Feb 23, 2014, 4:56:50 AM
Well mate there's surely something wrong with that math because level 20 reduced mana is 71%
So wuth the same math and rounding you'll have
60% * .71 = 42.6 -> rounds to 43
40% * .71 = 28.4 -> rounds to 29
40% * .71 = 28.4 -> rounds to 29

43+29+29=101% mana reserved
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I really should know how they round...it seems important to know...but I can only guess that they round down all the way.

I have a level 20 Reduced Mana, and I have 8 unreserved mana with all three auras on. That would be in line with rounding down...42 + 28 + 28 = 98%, and I'm very certainly closer to 400 total mana than 800 (which is what it would have to be for 99% reserved to give you 8 unreserved mana).

That's the only way it would work for a level 19 Reduced Mana too, if it was all truncated rather than rounded (43 + 28 + 28 = 99%). I don't know any of this for sure because I'm not at home and don't really know how much mana I have at full, but it's the only thing that makes sense.
We get some mf nerfs with the patch:

"The Increased Item Quantity Support Gem can no longer drop.
Increased Item Quantity mods can no longer spawn on magic or rare items.
Increased Item Quantity mods on Unique items have been reduced by around 30%."

This 30% reduce are really annoying, will be hard now to sustain the iiq value ^^ (if you don't play standard). I just hope that they don't nerf too much the duelist skill tree.

It is a bit sad to nerf mf, I don't want to flip my items, that's just boring in my opinion. I want so search for them. So hopefully this build still works after the nerf patch.
Last edited by Afura on Mar 4, 2014, 6:31:53 AM
We'll see i prefer not to make conclusions before the actual patch :)
"
KorgothBG wrote:
We'll see i prefer not to make conclusions before the actual patch :)

I used to tell that to myself when the big patch notes for the release in 2013 came out, and I was right, my build was pretty much broken after that ^^
Last edited by Afura on Mar 4, 2014, 11:11:40 AM
Well itthat the changes won't affect me ... because every nerf will just produce legacy items/gems which i already have(some multiple times). So atleast i'm not worried about the changes... as for everyone else... as i said.. we'll see :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 4, 2014, 11:19:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info