[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

Hey man thanks for all of your guides ,as a new player i was looking for something like this before creating my first real character.I started farming piety yesterday and in about 5 - 6 hours of farming i was able to drop a tabula rasa, a nice belt worth 3 exa ,and like 1 exa worth of currency at least. I just wanted to ask you which was the best item(most valuable) and the best unique you found ;D. Also i just wanted to let you know that i tried to farm dominus 4 or 5 times too and : 1) there is no need for the remove bleeding flask vs dominus if you run the life leech support gem(never died vs his last form) and 2) you can survive the smash attack (with something like 100 - 200 hp left , need fast reaction :D) even with just 3200 hp and 78% capped light res. Right now i can't run all 3 auras so I swap hatred with purity of lighting for the 3 stage of the dominus fight and swap back again after .
This is my gear right now :
Spoiler
Last edited by Crucerio on Oct 11, 2014, 5:27:16 PM
Thanks mate i'm glad that i was able to help! ^^

Hmm the most valuable item... well i've found a BoR before the nerf.. so it's a legacy BoR now... and i've found the mace that i'm using right now:

That reminds me that i have to update my current gear ( i think the mace is the only new thing )
Many cool things can drop ( i.e Kaom's Heart ) ... but i've been able to gather some exalts mainly by selling many cheap things + chaos recipe + alternations :)

For the bleeding flask and the smash attack ... thats the case with me too .. but i've just wanted to warn about the potential dangers!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
hi KorgothBG thanks for the guide! =)

may i ask about the item/currency drop penalties in farming piety?

im staying in lvl65 coz as of now my IIR/IIQ is not that high. currently 229% IIR & only 16% IIQ(no quantity gem =( ). and im afraid to get penalties
The penalties only apply to currency drops .. and to be honest you don't really get a lot of "pure" currency drops ... you get items which you sell for currency so you don't really need to worry about any penalties at all.

For a penalty calculator you could use this one, it calculates exp penalty as well:
http://www.i-volve.net/jol/poe_xpdrop_en.php

I'll quote the wiki because it explains it well:

"Drop Penalty
There is a penalty to the chance of currency items (scrolls, orbs, etc.) dropping in areas with a monster level more than two levels lower than your character level. For each additional level that you have compared to the area's monster level+2, the chance of a currency item drop is reduced by 2.5%.

So if you are level 30 in a level 20 area, you will see 20% less currency item drops on average:

2.5*(30-(20+2))=20

A level 30 character in a level 28 area will see no penalty.

Currency item drops are not increased or decreased in this way when fighting in areas above your level.

For the purposes of this penalty, your level is never considered to be higher than 68[3][4]. Therefore a level 75 character receives no penalty in a level 66 area."

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
thanks a lot KorgothBG. really appreciate it! :)
Thanks for the build, so far so good. Could you please take a look at what I have and advise if there are any major downfalls. So far I am level 63 and just killed piety easily on 1st attempt. I have only died twice on my way to this stage (1. Cruel Dominus 2. Rare strongbox)

Anyway I chose to go Axe build as I already had a 5L Kaoms. I might respec if I get a good mace.

Edit: Life 2,494, Resists are capped.

Gear
Spoiler

I have Heavy strike setup on reapers as well as my chest due to no blue slot on chest so I still get the full IIR@IIQ effect on my reapers.

Current Passive Tree LVL 63
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecEswUtFE0UUhpVJJsm-CcvJ-0wdzIJNZI26DpSPC1BdEZpR35KyEz_TjJYr1nzXz9gS2EhZKNlTWWnbBZsRm5pbqpybHKpdO12K3gNeu982YCKgziE2YTvhymHaoqvkBGQbJWbmSuiAKSsqWipbqmUrKqvbLXytz68n72BvqfAD8EExBXE9sWKxq7STdi94mHjn-8O73zwH_Iv9038S_4K
Last edited by billy393 on Oct 21, 2014, 4:24:45 AM
Well you are still only at level 63 so everything looks ok... Try to get more life as yo level up, get unwavering stance if you need it and get rid of the Eye of Chayula. Personally i don't like the Kaom axe because it has culling strike .. so yo need to be very careful not to kill the boss with it instead of the reaper + IIQ+IIR gems, and it has slow attack speed which affects your leap slamming speed.
Don't forget that you can master craft a mod on your rings.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well you are still only at level 63 so everything looks ok... Try to get more life as yo level up, get unwavering stance if you need it and get rid of the Eye of Chayula. Personally i don't like the Kaom axe because it has culling strike .. so yo need to be very careful not to kill the boss with it instead of the reaper + IIQ+IIR gems, and it has slow attack speed which affects your leap slamming speed.
Don't forget that you can master craft a mod on your rings.

Thanks heaps. I will take all your advice into account.
Oh man i fuck1ng dropped 2 kaoms in 3 days LOl with just 10 runs XD
Lucky you gratz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info