[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

Whats your take on Marohi Erqi mace? Its "superslow" but might benefit a ton from added fire, aoe and leech and Herald of Ash with proliferation/aoe?

I was thinking of going leapslam overburner but firstly I almost never play marauder and noncrit melee in general and second Im not sure if flicker or slam would be better. I also know that Ash is seriously strong while critting a pack but not sure if mere slam or flicker albeit with a high base phys dam would be enough. (i got a perf marohi as a drop and got 5link armor, tabula, carcass to play with).
ign PhysicalActivity
Marohi has nice damage indeed and it's an ok item . If you don't have another weapon it will do fine .. but ideal you want a weapon with as high attack speed as possible so you can get to the boss faster.

Flicker is not a good option .. because with multistrike it is uncontrollable .. and without multistrike it's just no good. Also with flicker you need Blood Rage .. and with blood rage you need The Blood Dance boots and that means that you lose iir/iiq ... so just ... no.

Crit is also not a good option if you ask me. Only staffs have good base crit chance and to really make the crits count you need crit gear ... but as a farmer character you need IIR/IIQ gear ..
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
It wasnt even meant as a itemfinder question. More like your flicker inspired, sorry for the wrong topic.

I just dont see marauders putting an effort in Ash which seems to be 1shotting whole screens for chars that do it and was just curious if crits can be made up with high raw phys dam overkills (why kill everyone 1 by 1 when you just need to hit 1 monster hard?)
ign PhysicalActivity
Well no one really kills things one by one .. everyone is using melee splash which kills the entire pack with a single blow. Herald of Ash is nice and i use it with several of my characters so let me tell you this - i usually kill the monsters before they are even ignited... so the burning portion of the Herald buff is not very useful.

Again if yo want to make a crit build i'd suggest to use Daggers or Staffs.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi there.
I just thought if i need more currency why not reroll my old Leapslam farmer, but now i have a problem.

I just die much too fast against pietys creations. i cant even reach piety without dieing once(more if i kill a rare that have a group around them). Don't know why that is last time i did it without problem.

Here my Gear:
Spoiler

Have around 3.2k life and dmg reduction of "only" 28% or so.

Do you have some problems as well?
Dont know what to do(have nearly same tree with only axe nodes and a bit different resist nodes).
Hope you can help.

Regards Asrael
Well no i don't have any problems at all. But i have around 4100 life and capped resistances. Are your resists capped ?
Other than your life pool i don't see anything else that might cause your problems.

I'm mainly farming with this exact build at the moment ... and everything is going great for me.

Btw why is your item rarity and item quantity not linked to your heavy strike? They don't do anything for your in your current gem setup.
Thx for reply.

IIR/IIQ are not linked because i just lvl them forgot to link weapon swap.

Spoiler

Fire Resist is at 72, cold at 65(dont have any cold dmg monsters so far) and lightning is capped.

Maybe i just need more life(craft on helm) and hope to get ring with iiq/iir and life instead of andvarius ring.

Will try to lvl up not in lunaris maybe i need more docks time.
What is your character level?
After 1.2.0 and the buff to base life gained per level the character level became more important than it was before.
Level 65 atm. hope to get lvl up fast in docks. Will try tommorow again stopped playing today.
Oh well level 65 is rather low mate.
Hell another .. 10 levels will give you 120 life on their own! Without taking into account your % life from your tree which will further increase that number .. and not to mention the 10 skill points that you can distribute ( for more life/damage ).
Level 65 is just too low to have clean runs with no problems at all.. tho farming is possible ... but as you already saw .. there are problems :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info