PMs from GGG / Current Phishing - Important to note

"
ExileDude wrote:
It always saddens me when we really need posts like this to remind people to use common sense.

My grandfather always said "Common Sense is anything but"
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Nice sticky.

I make the practice of:

1) If the player is on my friend's list, I'll respond to their whisper.
2) If a player whom I have chatted with either in global, trade, or party whispers me, I'll respond to their whisper.

3) If a player just up and whispers me out of the blue, and I have no idea how they actually even knew me (ie. I wasn't participating in global or trade, not in a party, etc), then I DO NOT respond to them.

Also, it seems we cannot report whispers. That may be a problem in the future.
Bumping for relevancy.
"
ExileDude wrote:
It always saddens me when we really need posts like this to remind people to use common sense.

Sadly, 'common sense' isn't.

Common that is...
This PMS from GGG is best trader to this sites i really like this sites. i found this sites many times.
hey im using a shadow and i have dual claws with 15 life gain on hit each with life gain on hit support gem which is 22 why doesn't it do 52 life gain on hit instead it does 36 or so i dont understand and im in cruel difficulty too please help???.

If you fall for it, you deserve your account to be compromised. It's like the warning on bleach saying do not drink.
THANX FOR THE PRO TIP! I'm not supposed to give my account info to buddy dude guy claiming to be a employee of GGG! who'da thought.
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Thanx for the pro tip.
....Really OP?
I am an Internet Native. Here are some tips.

(A) Never take the word of someone who tells you they are official.
(B) Never respond as they tell you to respond.
(C) Do NOT treat virtual reality different than normal reality.

Basically if someone PMs you, or emails you, or tells you in a chat or forum or social site.. that they are official with XXXXXXX and you need to click WWWWWW, then DONT! If they say they are staff or are your bank or your government or the server admin, DONT CLICK. You should ALWAYS manually visit the site by a DIFFERENT means of contact to try and find out if what they told you is true. If I SAY I am "official" and I give you a link to an "official" site, if I am a fake then the site is too.

And in the real world if someone tells you on the phone, or in snail mail, or at your door, or a business card, or any other way that they are official then do not try to settle things right there with that person. And do NOT use the phone number or site link they give you to verify who they are. Look it up manually and visit it separately to ask about what you were told.

Gandalf Parker
--
My mom always told me to never talk to strangers. Never accept gifts
from people you dont know. If you open it then shut it when you are done.
If you arent going to pay attention to it then dont leave it running. And never put all your eggs in one basket.
My mom made me the security person I am today.
lost 80% experience for yu bug..lost 2 month with my layf for yu bug maci frend delete acoont stupid bug my is stupid play dis shet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info