Achievement Design

hardcore achievement

name: taken one for the team

die to each boss in merciless difficulty.

standard achievement

name: the perfect vengeance.

complete game and all end game maps with out dying.

all leagues achievement

name: no place like home.

use over 9000 town portal scrolls.

got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
Here's a real tough one.

Achievement: Fully clear any zone without desynching once!
-Reach level 10, 20 ,Cruel, 40, 50, Merciless, etc without using a specifically named node. (purity)
-Reach level 3,5,7,9,12,15 etc without touching a node (naked)
-Reaching a specific level without using a player trade or being in a party or guild (lone wolf)
-Doppelganger ,finding a mirror
-Immortal, reaching level xx in a race without rerolling a new character on the account.

tbc...

~Devilbane
The Dragon Hideout http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Aesthetics of Evil http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Garden of the Ancients http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1051755
Last edited by Devilbane on Jan 22, 2014, 12:01:35 PM
I think the best achievements are ones that make you play the game in new or unusual ways. My favorite achievements are ones like Overcharged, which, although a little too easy, forced me to think about it and use my creativity. That said, here are my ideas:

Complete [Normal/Cruel/Merciless] difficulty without equipping a magic, rare or unique item.

Complete [Normal/Cruel/Merciless] difficulty without allocating any skill points.

Complete [Normal/Cruel/Merciless] difficulty without using a skill gem above level 1.

And for true hard mode:
Complete [Normal/Cruel/Merciless] difficulty without equipping a magic, rare or unique item, without allocating any skill points, and without using a skill gem above level 1.

I'm sure that normal difficulty at least is achievable for these, and it'd be a fun achievement to complete and/or brag about.

EDIT: Ninja'd on skill points idea. Awesome.
Last edited by The_Wuggly_Ump on Jan 22, 2014, 12:05:49 PM
Reel exile - catch a unique fish.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Is there already an achivement if you die in hardcore Act one normal Twilight Strand? If not, this would be some kind of funny to add. ^^
Life of an Exile
666 Hours on Path of exile.
My feedback on achievements is as follow:
I dont care one bit to do them in PoE however the only times when I did care about doing achievements were in games like WoW where you had special rewards for completing some harder achievements or sets of achievements.

For instance, clearing one zone of all mobs can be one achievement with no reward however another achievement is to clear all zones in all difficulties once and has a prize that unlocks when you do. This prize could be a pet, a unique, a particle effect for your weapons, a weapon skin (maybe walking staff skin for adventurer)

anyways you get the point.

The idea is you end up getting items that SHOWOFF your achievements otherwise I really dont see the point. WoW also had titles that you could add based on your achievement.
"
Kezz123 wrote:
My feedback on achievements is as follow:
I dont care one bit to do them in PoE however the only times when I did care about doing achievements were in games like WoW where you had special rewards for completing some harder achievements or sets of achievements.

For instance, clearing one zone of all mobs can be one achievement with no reward however another achievement is to clear all zones in all difficulties once and has a prize that unlocks when you do. This prize could be a pet, a unique, a particle effect for your weapons, a weapon skin (maybe walking staff skin for adventurer)

anyways you get the point.

The idea is you end up getting items that SHOWOFF your achievements otherwise I really dont see the point. WoW also had titles that you could add based on your achievement.

AS a fellow WoW player, I understand where you are coming from, but I just don't see the need for those things in this game. Maybe Weapon Effects, but that takes away from the revenue of the game, and unique effects designed solely for achievements takes Dev time away from things that would make them money.
The "OH SHIT" achievement for Hardcore/Nemesis:

Survive being reduced to 1% of your hp (or ES if CI) by a monster.
IGN: HucksIsBackYo
RIP: BlueWafflin http://www.twitch.tv/bakerlive/c/3688290
RIP: HucklesMcKnuckles - Vaults of Atziri naked to fit more loot, exile spawned.
RIP: HucksMcBlasty - Tempest bullshit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info