1.0.5b Patch Notes and Other News

If you're not fixing the graphics issues, this is all irrelevant. Fix what you have before you make more. Lay off your microtransactions dev and hire a dev for graphics that doesn't take entire months off from work.
I think it would be called a content update, or maybe a major content update. Upgrade is a fine word too.
Awesome :D
Does this mean there is going to be an 8th class along with Act 4?
"
HarrisonOwns wrote:
If you're not fixing the graphics issues, this is all irrelevant. Fix what you have before you make more. Lay off your microtransactions dev and hire a dev for graphics that doesn't take entire months off from work.

Care to explain what graphics issues?? o.O
Also you mean fire the 1 (2?) guy who works on micro transaction that allows everyone to play the game ROFL /Facepalm

On Topic
A mini-expansion... Ow yea!
SSF since ~OB
"
Chris wrote:
What's something called that's a lot larger than a regular content update but smaller than the gigantic update that will introduce Act 4? A mini-expansion?
I noticed that the word expansion wasn't being used anymore, which I think is appropriate. There have been online games that introduced entire areas, races, and home cities in one of their regular patches. If patch doesn't sound good enough, I think "Major Content Update" would be the most accurate.

Also good to hear that the update software is being improved again. That was one of the few things that impressed me about Guild Wars 1, and it seemed like it was headed in that direction.
Need a name for something bigger than a patch but smaller than a content expansion? Instead of busting out the thesaurus or trying to find out which exact magnitude of deployment category this belongs to, why not brand it yourself like how other developers/publishers do it?

-League 3: Season 1 Episode 2 Update
-Domination/Nemesis Start (replace with the appropriate names for the new leagues)
-Quarterly Update (Q1 2014)
-Various featured-named patches (The Desync Hotfix; Trade System Release Patch; PvP Tournament Service Pack; Item Find 2.0)

A bonus if your purported March update name turns out to be catchy, but definitely a double-edged sword if the update doesn't entirely deliver what it has been advertised or branded as.

Keep up the good work as always!
Last edited by metal_spider on Jan 20, 2014, 1:05:28 AM
"
There is a pile of new content, including some new game areas

trying to contain my excitement and put hard limits on my over active imagination, but bottom line is any new areas are going to be awesome, more is never bad when talking about zones we can play in.

work is pretty mental atm but Im going to book a week off for the 1.1.0 and go all out.
What do you mean "a new class"? Will we see new classes in the (far) future? :O

I'm totally cool with not having act 4 right away. It does seem way too short a time between the release of Act 3 ending and new major content. I'd much rather have something that was perfected than rushed for release. But, new areas next patch? We're getting new areas? Was NOT expecting that! Are they for the existing acts, or PvP?
"
HarrisonOwns wrote:
Lay off your microtransactions dev
If Russell gets fired who will post trains and doges on the forums?
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info