Macro Legality List

I extensively use macros, but always in good faith. I've never had as much as a warning from GGG. If i found out something i was doing was likely not allowed, i've immediately stopped using it and/or modified it to be unambiguously legal. GGG posts past and present however are leaving some users uncertain.

To get absolute clarity on the issue, i emailed GGG with each macro, and have updated the OP with their stances. Reason given is in brackets.

If you've seen a differently coded version of a macro that leaves some uncertainty, post it and i will get their stance on the different example versions. It's important we get all the grey areas cleared up here, not just the black and white. The crux of the issue may come down to the code itself, rather than the type of macro.

/itemlevel:
Example 1 illegal (too many actions). Pick up item, /itemlevel, drop item.
Example 2 illegal (too many actions).*
Example 3 legal.*
Example 4 legal.*

/ladder:
Example 1 legal.

/oos:
Example 1 legal.
Example 2 legal.
Example 3 unknown.

/remaining:
Example 1 legal.
Example 2 unknown.

/whois:
Example 1 legal.

Exit to Character Selection:
Example 1 legal.
Example 2 unknown.

Passives Zoom Out:
Example 1 illegal (too many actions). Move mouse to slider location, left click.

Paste Clipboard:
Example 1 legal.

Portal Scroll:
Example 1 illegal (too many actions).*

Trade Posts:
Example 1 illegal (do not spam trade). Paste clipboard to 10 trade rooms.
Example 2 illegal (do not spam trade). 2 macros: one to increment room number, one to paste clipboard.
Example 3 illegal (do not spam trade). The Etup version, trade portion only.

Volume Control:
Example 1 illegal (too many actions). Volume toggle: sound fx only/mute all/unmute all.

WSplit Start/Stop Timer:
Example 1 unknown.

*: Ones marked with a star were not sent to GGG, but are unequivocally legal or illegal with the information we now have.

2016 edit: More good info.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 11, 2016, 5:41:54 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2017, 12:06:47 PM
Lame thread is lame. Go check what they have said regarding macros, if it covers a single action, it's legit. If it does more than a single action, or automates the timing of said action, it's not allowed. It's really simple, I don't understand why people are trying to turn it into something more complicated.
you should've just e-mailed GGG about this issue.

remove all the links and just leave your questions about "legality" and hopefully you'll receive your answers.

Last edited by Josephoenix on Jan 2, 2014, 4:36:37 AM
^
"
Yeran_GGG wrote:
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer. It's fine to have a button that triggers a function like /oos, or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or text posts is not allowed.

It's clear imho.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Lame thread is lame. Go check what they have said regarding macros, if it covers a single action, it's legit.

Heh thanks for not even reading the thread and then undermining it! I know you didn't read it, since i directly link GGGs statements in the first paragraph, and have thus read them.

"
Josephoenix wrote:
With all of the links, and more importantly the information contained within them, that you've provided etc... you deserve "at the very least" to have this post/thread deleted.

If a macro is illegal, using it is illegal. Posting it is legal, is it not? How else can we get any clarity on what is legal and what is not out to the community?
Last edited by unsane on Jan 2, 2014, 4:36:43 AM
These are what I use and they are allowed. Already confirmed.

I have mine set up to go back to party chat instead of local.

F8::CheckRemaining() ; Assign to check remaining monsters
F5::FastLogOut() ; Assign F5 to Logout
F9::OosCommand() ; Assign to toggle oos command
F10::CheckItemLevel() ; Assign F10 to check item level
F2::OpenPortal() ; Assign to open portal in bottom left inv slot

CheckItemLevel(){
BlockInput On
Send {LButton}
Send {Enter}
Sleep 2
Send /itemlevel
Send {Enter}
Sleep, 75
Send {LButton}
Sleep 2
Send {Enter}
Sleep 2
Send +5
Send {Enter}
BlockInput Off
return
}

CheckRemaining(){
BlockInput On
Send {Enter}
Sleep 2
Send /remaining
Send {Enter}
Sleep 2
Send {Enter}
Sleep 2
Send +5
Sleep 2
Send {Enter}
BlockInput Off
return
}

OosCommand(){
BlockInput On
Send {Enter}
Sleep 2
Send /oos
Send {Enter}
Sleep 2
Send {Enter}
Sleep 2
Send +5
Sleep 2
Send {Enter}
BlockInput Off
return
}

FastLogOut(){
BlockInput On
SetDefaultMouseSpeed 0
sendinput {esc}
MouseClick, left, 959, 432, 1, 1
BlockInput Off
return
}

OpenPortal(){
BlockInput On
MouseGetPos xx, yy
Send {i}
MouseMove, 1300,825,0
Sleep 2
Click Right
Send {i}
MouseMove, xx, yy, 0
BlockInput Off
return
}
Last edited by Methodical_Prodigy on Jan 2, 2014, 4:37:28 AM
I just edited my first post... remove the links, you're asking for trouble... no need to have the macros "described in detail with pretty much instructions on how to make/use them".

The questions you're asking are valid, the way you're asking them is not (imo)
If you are Etup and you advertising what would be otherwise "illegal" trade macros on your stream, then you are fine :).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
unsane wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Lame thread is lame. Go check what they have said regarding macros, if it covers a single action, it's legit.

Heh thanks for not even reading the thread and then undermining it! I know you didn't read it, since i directly link GGGs statements in the first paragraph, and have thus read them.

I read it, and GGG have already read and responded to a million posts like it. As I said, it's lame, and it's a waste of their time if you honestly expect them to go through every plausible variation of commonly used macros individually to give them the all clear. They made very simple rules/instructions, the vast majority of people seem to have no trouble understanding it.

Furthermore, if you really are concerned that some of these macros might not be allowed, then you're being a total moron by posting them.
I've temporarily edited out the links since some think it's a bad idea. Please keep this thread positive and helpful rather than aggressive and dimissive, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info