We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Just wanted to let the team know that your'e all doing a wonderful job. My brothers, my dad and I all play POE together and although we're still pretty new to it all, we are having a great time. It's very fun and we really love having actual mechanics to the fights and team compositions instead of every character being a dps clone with life per hit and every boss being a face-tank special. Looking at you @#$%%!. Props on taking good care of your people as well. Your health and lives are very important, and even though POE is a great accomplishment it means nothing if you don't take care of yourselves and your families so don't let the losers that put POE above their own responsibilities and health bring you guys down to their level with pedantic, possessive criticism.

Keep taking care of each other and keep pumping out the magic \_/ ^_^ \_/
Just to share, although its a 100thousand times said already I guess.
I am playing since a year now, this league is the most frustrating game experience I ever had.

This memory run is just, dont know how to really discribe it, just totally frustrating and not fun at all(at least for me)

I spend more time scrolling through trade sides and begging players for a trade than playing the game itself trying to buy stupid maps, because on dead leagues noone is selling or responding to trade requests and map drop is just nonsensical ridiculous few. Where is the way to get map progression when the players arent selling???????

This game is designed by game developers to make you ask for help from other gamers.

If you don't ask for help or your don't negotiate a trade, you will end up a part of a problem you never knew existed: that GGG I suspect, had no intention of creating.

A game developer that leaves the choices to you- with one problem.
This game is horrific in making you do so much for the things that make it enjoyable, but by the time you get there on your own it has no impact. The current league is just awful and the others are not much better.

The maps are the key; they just have to evolve without all the glitter smashing into the retinas and meaningless minecraft layout designs. I'm in a cave; I'm in areas like before only blue.

The wording to describe these events don't match what you're doing.

It's great all other times I'm not doing any of that.
"
This game is designed by game developers to make you ask for help from other gamers.

Only on trade. You can literally solo everything else. There's no point to the trade design. It's stupid. Especially if you are early league, don't buy currency from 3rd party sites, and are farming items in bulk to sell for progression.

Sorry, your excuse of "it was designed bad thus must remain bad" is flawed.
I started playing PoE for the first time a bit at the beginning of Synthesis and, like many others, found it a bit frustrating and not particularly well-considered, so I didn't give much time to it. But, when the flashback event started, I decided to play a bit more just to see how far I could get with a new character.

I'd just entered Act 8 for the first time and was wanting some more elemental resistance, since I'd been working on getting all the links to run skills instead of working on stats. I went to my hideout to see what was available at the crafting bench and dropped my gloves into it. But it wouldn't let me put them back on, because, without the stats on the gloves, I couldn't wear them. And, without the gloves, some of the rest of my gear turned red. Given that the end of the league and flashback is only a few days away, I've given up on that character, since I won't have time to make any further progress with the character and grind for new gear with resistance, sockets, and stats - after a warning from the build guide that I should save my currency for endgame crafting sandbagging Act 7 for drops looks like the only route.

Looking at Legion, it looks like it has a similar mechanic to Synthesis, Abyss, and Breach in that there is a limited time to complete the map before it collapses or withdraws, which doesn't encourage me to join it, either. The lack of a coherent crafting system doesn't encourage me to grind up another character only to find I can't progress after level 50 without sandbagging extensively looking for just the right drop. RNG-play can be fun, but, without any other clear path to developing a character, I expect it will be a while before I consider installing PoE again.
Gladiator did not receive any rework or buff.. Such a let down. True that two new nodes have been added but was hoping for some buff since this class has been in a very bad shape. RNG defence ship has sunk. RIP, we will remember you when playing another league of Winter Orb.
I honestly am having such a fucking bad time playing right now, this might be my last league ever and I've been here since 2013.

With the absolutely destroyed and bugged as fuck movement mechanics to every single skill casting/attacking twice if you have too much speed. Completely ruined channeling skills. They buffed the most hated and boring part of the game so now we are there for even fucking longer. On top of the game running at 5fps. [Removed by Support]

The fact GGG knew ED was over-fucking-powered and still didn't nerf it while completely gutting winter orb and the other useless chaos skills, not buffing melee enough to matter because life is [Removed by Support] The trickster nerf was [Removed by Support] not even close to enough. Resist were always annoying to cap on SSF b4 maps and now its even harder. Shit just 1 shots you and the game doesn't run well enough to do anything about it.

The game constantly drops trash tier items instead of currency you can craft your own useful items with making SSF even more impossible.

Sure lets just nerf everything that's good and fun about this game and bring it to par with all the skills nobody uses because they can't get past tier 3-6 mapping.

[Removed by Support]

I honestly hope everything that came with this league gets obliterated when its over and PoE goes back to what it was before. Because if this trash is here to stay, I'm not here anymore.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Jun 8, 2019, 8:48:59 PM
After some extensive research over the past two days, it is quite clear that the Twilight Strand needs 50% more monsters. Nothing fast or dangerous, just more of them.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
What would be somewhat beneficial in legion encounters is either to reduce the hp needed to unfreeze the mobs (mobs hp after the unfreezing can stay the same ofc) or increase the timer value. Ain't everybody playing ED to blow up the whole screen in an instant, and ain't everybody playing trade leagues to have guaranteed 5-6 links on the third day of it.

Even putting DPS aside, in some "wonderful" twisted areas like say flooded mine and similar ones with a lot of twists/obstacles i can't even just run around all the legion mobs scattered all over these tunnels in these 10ish seconds the timer gives me.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Celestial cyclone and celestial leap slam please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info