We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

The only fun thing for me is building nexus and stacking mods. But since I just hit the "max modifiers" limit, the fun ended, I guess. Not only that, but I can't even apply those mods to fresh tiles xdd. Managing synthesis items is complete hell and getting those juicy +8 int implicit feels so good, still no delve stash tab. GG, GGG
Worst League Ever!
Suggestion!
If we could "disenchant" fragmented mods to build towards a synthesized item it would make all the drops feel more impactful. As it is right now, if the mod isn't Tier 1 it doesn't feel valuable at all.
Well. What can i say about this league? Too hard, too risky and much less revarding than Alva. All nexus system seems crude (idk, may be that word does not fit). I think all of problemы described here. Most important - my suggestions about it.
Progress system as Nico's mine. Through synthesis, in addition to items, you can get a resource for upgrades. I think good idea to upgrade number of memory fragments you have, speed of destabilise of memory and etc.
or
Give to players MUCH more memory fragments that they can carry in one time. Beter way to sort it: straight, angular, intersecting, t-shaped.
or
Give to players power to remove distant memories that seems unnecessary or useless.

There is no need to improve everything, you need a qualitative improvement on one side. The mechanism lacks several gears, but it will work if you put at least one. Yes, if you add everything - it will work perfectly, but it's not up to me to decide.

Anyway i love this game.And i will try over and over understand this game.
Thank you and wish you success in your work.

Sorry for my english skills. That reply sponsored by google translate.
What is my opinion of Synthesis a week in?

This is probably my least favorite league in a year, and the first in a long while I might want to skip.

I'll first start with pros:
( + ) The dream fragment runs in zones are incursion/breach like, additional stuff drops, pretty fun (though stepping on that small dream hole in the ground while running ruins everything.)
( + ) The additional lore read to you as you get through the frags is pretty cool, tells you about world while you play without the need to stop and click.
( + ) The fractured fixed mods, if good, are very helpful addition for SSF.
( + ) The new additions to spells on passive tree give a whole new range of useful options.

Now, the cons:
- - - ) The Memory Nexus.

The entirety of it. Get rid of it.

Imagine a Temple of Atzoatl where stepping on a small "mine" area in a crumbling temple room throws you out and makes all other rooms beyond it inaccessible?
Or how completing Atlas would feel if you were trying to clear a new high tier map and you step into this negative area which you might not notice while speedrunning (and remember that you DESIGNED memory frags to be speedrun) - and that's it, you get thrown out, your remaining portals get deleted and now a whole row of Atlas maps is gone and the rest behind them become inaccessible until you find maps leading to them again?
Or if you path like 12 areas, successfully complete all (without risking to open and use a teleport to base to not botch it ofc) and don't find the treasure chest area before the time runs out and everything crumbles?

That's how it feels. That's how the experience is ALMOST EVERY TIME.

I don't even want to care it's almost 0 exp and 0 c for so much time invested in planning and running.

- - ) Communicating the REAL way to run Nexus properly.
I could have never figured out how to maximize the buff benefit without watching the ZiggyD insider info video. Like, how can you figure out on your own that:

a) you can enter a decay area with memory mod after completing a decayed area, then while you haven't pressed stabilizer yet, press V, right click to delete your previous area, replace with a planned fitting piece, then click stabilizer TWICE to make it link up and spread mods to everything anyway?
b) you can NOT click the stabilizer by the nexus mod/chests in a final goal area but get back into the fog on purpose to get to the starting point and get loot by clicking the stabilizer there if you want to continue your run from that location?
c) there's 200 mod limit on all nexus frags?

seriously, how!???

and even then it's shit loot

- ) The synthesized mods.
When getting a random synthesized one from any lower tier results, even when good ones are hit (that is, NOT tier1-tier1-tier1) the result WILL be worse than the implicit an item of that type would already have.
While the fractured system if wonderful for self-crafting away those chaoses in SSF, the synthesis is the complete opposite.
There's NO WAY to get exactly the number and tiers of fractured components, or exact fractured bases and itemlevels without p2p trade to achieve the best crafting results.
The cost and accessibility of synthesis means that most players will never even craft anything better than the basic ones while rewarding only the topmost crafters tremendously.

- ) The double & triple mod get chance is behind most of the unfairness. Getting good 2x and 3x fractured, and 3 times of the same types is just impossible in SSF. Only by trading.
Just listen to streamers and players, Synthesis is too complicated and to long term oriented. When Mathyl and ZiggyD struggle, what should we, midlevel players do?

I have 3 suggestions how to make it better without breaking it.

Increase the number of Fragments we can store from 10 to 20. Then we will have enough pieces to build longer paths and run them straight away.

Increase the count you can use this memory from 3 max, to 5 max and make a random 2-5 roll.

Let us place Fragments on the map without beeing on the connector, just from the map overview, when we have a path that is finished, we can run it.

any one of these or a combination would make it more compelling without increasing any drop chances or what ever.

Best Regards
a random positive post here

Stopped poe because bored 4-5years ago.

tried synthesis for "fun". (so rather second impression..)

discovers gems, maps, delves, nexus, plenty of bosses!, 7act!, syndicate(don't like it, but still it skips morosity), breaches, ...
hideout is also tremendous not to take those pesky framedrops ~~
lvling is easier so access to more content
music effect from halloween left a thrilling impression for my weakass char :d

about nexus, i have not digged that much, but it is still nice to have

== poor points ==

1) for me the major problem is the framedrop which leads to a frustrating death.

One could say we ought to build our char solid
One could say running it in wine/steam is not that smart

2) took me eternity to try navalli since i would not know the "value" of a silver coin.

3) took me a while to understand usage of dynamites (pressing key 6 or 7 never popped up there until i read that on reddit)

4) never tried nexus until i saw a video.. reason is invested time may not even be worth reward. (e.g killing syndicate mainly leads in shitty unveiled items).

------
I don't know if intended behaviour, but i started to try those around lvl 75-80 (when basically you have to buy maps...)
Just another friendly suggestion to make this league more appealing and playable.

Since the number of modifiers is limited and now you guys have some upcoming changes to the league like moving memories.

I recommend that instead of the memory fragments having a specific number before they decay, how about making them permanent?

Because making them permanent and being able to move them around will make it much convenient than farming a memory fragment every time it decays.

After that, all you need to do is add an option similar to removing a memory fragment, but instead if resets the memory nexus back to zero. So, ones the players realize that they cannot benefit from it they will reset it and start again.

===========================

Therefore, the process would look like this:

Farm memory fragments

Unlock every single path in the current memory nexus

Benefit from every single memory. This will help in fixing noticeable problem players are complaining about ( being unrewarding ) since they will have the option to farm the entire Nexus in a convenient way.

Once a player is done farming the entire memory nexus

Reset the nexus page and start the process all over again.

===========================

If my suggestion seems lacking something then it's because I haven't dug deep into the memory nexus since it's really annoying and boring.

I hope this will help you guys in a way or another to make this league much better since it's not in a good shape right now.
Last edited by Eilatra on Mar 23, 2019, 8:56:44 AM
Map drops are terrible in this game. It will drop Tier 1-4 maps just fine but when you are trying to progress through the tiers the higher ones are tough to come by.

I don't want to have to trade for freaking maps to complete a tier.

Not like this GGG.

Synthesis is the worst league i've played so far, even Beastiary was better.
hope none of this crap will make it to the core game.

cya in couple months,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info