We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

I love that harvest is now using a currency to craft. But the pricing is ridiculous. It’s not even half of last league. It’s more like 5% or less. So little crafting can be done.
I find this league troublesome. This war against minions builds in general is perplexing.

I, for one, love minions build. It is a very casual play style that many first-time players use to feel out the game out. See what works and what doesn't. Get used to the different league mechanics, and allows them to focus on final boss mechanics. It didn't require a huge investment of currency to be above average but was obviously super expensive when it came to min/max as most builds do.

I recently tried to bring three women in my life (my family) to the game last league. My wife, mother-in-law, and daughter. All of whom are gamers. My mother-in-law has very low hand/eye coordination, but she absolutely loves Diablo games. She has always favored minion builds as it helps her overcome micro-managing things. In short, she focuses more on what she is trying to do (staying alive, keeping up with us) instead of what buttons I need to click in order to kill things. My daughter who is 10, same deal, however she has the ability to play at a high level, but I wanted a soft character for her to play to get used to ARPG mechanics (which she is not familiar with)

With the latest patch notes in 3.19 I am not even going to attempt to encourage them to league play because of this. And honestly, when you factor in all the massive loot nerfs that have been happening. I am not going to play either, which basically means my wife, daughter and mother in law wont either.

This direction you are taking the game, I don't think I can follow. Ill be honest, Diablo 4 has my attention, like big time. If you would have asked me a couple leagues back did I think Blizzard could pull a rabbit out of its hat and overtake PoE. I would have said you are full of it.

With the slow drip updates for game development, and this inexplicable "vision" GGG has had from league to league. I guess I was wrong.

In short, loot explosions are fun. Think Diablo 3 release day on how a game fares when it treats decent loot like it is a mageblood. It didn't do well right? Why would you try to mimic that strategy. Stop nerfing minions, who is quitting PoE because minion builds are strong? Who is quitting the game because minion builds now suck hind tit? The game needs to be fun, stop trying to suck all the fun out of it because you want to "slow it down".
I'm probably one of the most casual players you have. I rarely ever post here, just like to play and have fun, buy new tabs when they come out.

Took Friday off work to play the new league. My team at work knows why I took Friday off and several expressed interest in playing the game. They were a little shocked to learn that I'm expecting tonight I'll go back to playing oxygen not included. I can't even fake enjoying the game to try to get them onboard, and I wouldn't do that to people I respect.

I think it's pretty obvious that the developers just do not care about the players anymore.

Chris saying "Get your MF builds ready" is like a big punch in the face.

Last edited by Kruxify on Aug 22, 2022, 7:33:39 PM
Over 2k Hours and many leagues later

What makes Arch Nemesis Modifiers bad is the fact that you have zero choice on engaging with it or not. Every league mechanic has been ringfenced so you, as the player, had the choice of engaging with it or not. That was the recipe I liked. Players could choose.

Should I engage with this ritual encounter? Maybe not, my build cant handle huge groups of mobs but I can take down bosses with my single target build.

Should I engage with this blight encounter? Sure, I cant kill bosses to well but mobs are no problem

Should I Engage with this Legion Mechanic? Nope, don't like it, let me move on and finish clearing this map

Players always had the choice (until 3.18 - This is the point I quit at, tried 3.19 till maps and quit again) if they wanted to engage with older league mechanics or not. I quit 3.18 because I had no choice but to engage with a mechanic that I didn't like or was to difficult for my build.

GGG has decided that their game should be God tier difficulty. Why did the development recipe change? Why has the choice of older content engagement been removed from the player?

Why not make all the older content core and enforce the completion of that content before entering the boss arena? To finish this map you have to complete this ritual, blight encounter, harvest, etc.

Why is a map boss 10x easier to take down than a rare mob? What is the motivation for enforcing a mechanic that the POE community at large doesn't like?

For most players, there is a limit to what their build is capable of, if your build wasn't capable completing certain league mechanics, you could just avoid those mechanics and still have fun.

GGG decided this was not good, they decided that your build is worthless and continues to implement and even defend a core mechanic that ensured that it remains worthless, so you wanted to try a new build? "No, don't do that". Play God tier builds or stop playing!

I would love to see a build that can handle each and every combination of AN mechanics. A build that does high physical, chaos and all elemental damage, has enough life (5k upwards), 75% physical damage reduction, 75% chance to evade, 75% spell suppress, 75% block chance and (5k upwards) energy shield.

This is the build you need to deal with AN effectively. I know this build is impossible, so why make AN core if this build is not possible.

Thanks for the fun time in the past GGG, I will come back to POE once AN has been made player choice and not compulsory. Till then, I'm done.
Hi Exiles, hi GGG,

my friends dont like to play, i dont like to play. The fun is gone.
At the moment Path of Exile fells like a tutorial: "How to get frustrated".

Please GGG do your best to change the game into a funny enjoyable thing again.

Please make PoE great again.

"
Donnerzwiebel wrote:
Hi Exiles, hi GGG,

my friends dont like to play, i dont like to play. The fun is gone.
At the moment Path of Exile fells like a tutorial: "How to get frustrated".

Please GGG do your best to change the game into a funny enjoyable thing again.

Please make PoE great again.

But... they "tested it well" XD
In 42+56 = 96 Levels of playing Kalandra i found 1 Unique, a crap Shield...

I find no Alchemies either....

Honestly how do you GGG Bosses think we players could enjoy this game like that?
I have played this game for a long time. I am a very casual player and never get to End Game bosses like Maven or Elder. The Archnemisis in the last 2 leagues has really ruined this game for me. I feel like the dev staff is tone deaf that NO ONE LIKES AN and you just want to keep it in.

SO I am finally going to uninstall this game and stop playing.
Game was perfect last league, had so much fun.
You really ruined the game, and whoever say you crap your pants and say some harsh stuff will get banned?
I already unnistalled the game, i dont know how you guys made me hate the game when i loved it just a few weeks back.
POE 2? Watch me ignore it.
Spent a lot of money in a game i loved. Wont do it in a game i dont.
Why not restore everything instead of making us look and feel like clowns?

BAN TIME:

screw you bald head, ban me too!!!
acc pastrilga, please do
Is it enough?
Want more?
Your company is shitting on players, and i hope everyone sees it and stop trusting you and supporting you. Gamers dont deserve to be treated like this.

NOTES FOR PLAYERS:
-Every league ggg put mtx on sale and than nerf the skill!
-You love a build? Bald head will see you having fun and he will kill it. He will say its for balancing, but in reallity he kills it to FORCE you go another path. Even if you dont want it.
-New player? You will need a guide because game is too complex to start by yourself. But GGG will be watching guides on yt too and will nerf it! So you will be always feel like you are being chased after. As soon as you find some awesome build, it will die next league. Untill you are able to create a build yourself, wich is soooo hard. 4.5k hours didnt get me creating decent builds yet.

Play it at your own risk (of wasting time and money)
Uninstalled the game on Monday. There is no fun in the game. Tried it again yesterday and today. I feel mostly frustrated. Considering uninstalling again.

What is taking away the fun?

1. Archnemesis
a. AN mods have a ton of on death and ground effects. I want to fight the monster not to evade their corpses or ground degens!
b. When I see valuable AN monster I just feel bad and sad. I am not specced into MF and will be losing so much loot and I don't want to use discord servers mf-cull service. I want to earn my loot myself. But it feels bad to nottake advantage of the opportunity.
c. AN monsters have so many frustrating combinations. They don't make the game more challenging. Just so so tedious. Tediousness is not something I want my "fun" game to have in this excess.

2. Loot is bad. GGG says they boosted it and we should be getting more. It does not feel like it. I usually use a lot different league mechanics to juice my map. 3-4 scarabs, sextants and kirac mod. Adding all these monsters only adds more AN monsters -> more unexpected deaths from corpse effects and degens. effect on loot? Can't see any. The game just feels so poor. I have struggled enough in real life on being poor. I want my ARPG to be power fantasy where I will kill the gods, not an experience of penny pinching so that I can alc my maps.

3. Crafting. This especially feels bad. My build now is relying mostly on uniques, but just thinking about trying to craft something meaningful with way overpriced and nerfed harvest crafts just bums me out. Why did you have to do this change? Even TFT trading was better than this.

You say that this should be good. You say that I as a player should feel good that you are essentially making the game I have enjoyed for 10 000h so bad that only thing atm that keeps me playing it is addiction and even that in weening of. I want to enjoy your game! I want to support your development with money! But how could I do that when your vision is so far off from what I would like to play?

What would I want? 3.13 harvest crafts back with reasonable prices in this system. Recombinators back and less on death mechanics and remove archnemesis. Archnemesis has been your worst mechanic added to this game.

I am just so sad and disappointed at you GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info