Barrage gives massive Desync (Testing done)

So first and foremost, i didn't want to be flamed, so i wanted to make sure it wasn't my systems at all. to help, i have a very solid gaming PC that can play PoE on top settings at 200+ fps and a solid connection. usually ping around 20-40ms.

On my latest COC barrage build, i kept having major desync issues, so i did some testing.

I would cast my spells in rapid succession with or without moving:

barrage - type /oos. NO desync
barrage - move - type /oos. No Desync
barrage - move - barrage - type /oos - Large Desync
move - barrage - move - type /oos - Small desync

large desync: a change of > 5 steps
small desync: a change < 5 steps

Is anyone else noticing this issue? I have tested this on multiple machines and multiple connections and get nearly identical results.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm using Cast on Crit/Barrage. I desync every time I attack. I have /oos macroed to my mouse and I can't spam it enough to keep me synced. I literally am desynced more than 80% of the time while playing this build.
dont use the build then

you have 1000 of others to try
"

try cyclone with multistrike
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Might be a necro, but I would like this to be fix'd if possible.

"
So first and foremost, i didn't want to be flamed, so i wanted to make sure it wasn't my systems at all. to help, i have a very solid gaming PC that can play PoE on top settings at 200+ fps and a solid connection. usually ping around 20-40ms.

On my latest COC barrage build, i kept having major desync issues, so i did some testing.

I would cast my spells in rapid succession with or without moving:

barrage - type /oos. NO desync
barrage - move - type /oos. No Desync
barrage - move - barrage - type /oos - Large Desync
move - barrage - move - type /oos - Small desync

large desync: a change of > 5 steps
small desync: a change < 5 steps

Is anyone else noticing this issue? I have tested this on multiple machines and multiple connections and get nearly identical results.

Same here, desynchs everytime I shoot Barrage then move or kite with Barrage, I always end up *in* the pack of mobs, as if I ran in instead of getting away from it, when I push my /oos macro on my mouse.

I've also tested Whirling Blades, Flicker Strike, etc, but nothing have ever gave me so bad desynchs than with Barrage.

"
dont use the build then

So, because a certain mechanic has a bug, we shouldn't build around it ?
Interesting point of view, mate.

Last edited by Culbuto on May 22, 2014, 8:36:59 AM
Yeah, I have exactly the same issue.
Can barely play the game due to this, any mechanics you're meant to dodge are impossible.
Vaal's lightning cannon.. run away from it, still get hit and warped back half a screen every single time.
The floating eyeball-like mobs that have the lightning spike attack, same deal. Run away half a screen, end up being warped back to them and blinded.

I will give this build a little while more, but it's frankly unplayable in its current state.
Today I found myself wondering if Barrage would be a better match for my build than keeping Frenzy at a low level for mana concerns.

Turns out Barrage causes insane amounts of desync. I was certainly not expecting that! Any kind of "move, Barrage, move, Barrage" situation -- you know, playing like a bow user -- would cause desync. If I stood perfectly still I'd be fine but that's not exactly how you play with a bow.

It's like the attack animation client-side is completely mismatched from what the server thinks is going on. Seriously, it's unplayably bad, and I've got a generally solid 50 ms latency. Somehow Barrage is by far the worst desyncer of any skill I've tried personally. I never bothered with Cyclone after hearing so many horror stories.

Is this perhaps related to my having an AMD video card? I hear PoE doesn't really like such cards, so maybe some kind of render timing is busted. Whatever the case, something is definitely up with this skill.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
Why can't the game automatically do a resync: /oos every 2 seconds? WHy do people have to use scripts to do this for us? I just want to be synced with the server!
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
"
YeahPete wrote:
Why can't the game automatically do a resync: /oos every 2 seconds? WHy do people have to use scripts to do this for us? I just want to be synced with the server!

package managing. Resyncing costs a lot more data than just playing the game. The game already does it every 6 seconds.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
I'd just like to bump this issue because I've been having the same experience. As a long-time player of this game (~3 years), it's actually the skill that I have most consistently experienced desync with.

I agree with one of the above posters: it could be as simple an issue as the client and server not registering the Barrage animation as taking the same amount of time (perhaps exacerbated by attack speed modifiers).

My build is based entirely around barrage, and it's an incredibly fun skill, but the desync is significantly worse with this build than most others I've played.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info