Nemesis One Week Race

Went in to this solo thinking "If i played a lot I could probably get top 20..."
I didn't fully understand what I was getting myself into lol.
Congratulations everyone!

It was a great race. I'll try gather and write up some stats for it, but right now there is one I am very pleased with.

Each race I look at how many places before we get each class represented. In this race that number is 11, and for much of the race it was the top eight.

I am pleased to see that the lowest level is 6.
That means, that everybody that created a character actually played it for a while.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Never raced before, and my highest character up until this point in PoE was a 72. Finished the race at rank 24 and my highest level character ever at 88.

I had a really fun time playing with new people and making friends. The community for the most part was really enjoyable and I look forward to more racing in the future.

Very happy to be the #2 templar on the ladder with my self made tanky flameblast build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbCTMM9xRNFm8Y1xmFGjIaOB0UJCUkqijFKS4xnjS-NZI26TrYOuE8BTwtPfxBh0NjRZ1G10rITDVN2E3jUFBRYFRJVcZYY1j1XcZfP2BtZp5m2WebbqpwfXFNd-N6qny4gW-DOIjxi4yMdozPj0aQVZrPmuCdgJ3Enjyf36IAplenCKeEqW6plaxZrj6vbLRztfK3Mbc-uJPAGsWKxq7G2M9l0NDRNt3z4XPjaudS52Ppc-nV6-7sOO0g73zwH_JF8772SPno-tL-Cv6P

and I got some pretty ridiculous gear - most found in the group (mostly solo'd up until ~72 then started doing maps) but some traded for. I don't usually enjoy trading in ARPGs but I had a great time and was able to trade for some things that really made the build shine

Last edited by WeetWoo on Jan 8, 2014, 6:43:45 PM
Congratz to LuckyTruck!
www.twitch.tv/ephixagames
I enjoyed this 1 week league - admittedly I didn't play it full time nor did I make it out of Normal difficulty (I died in Slums, and then had several false starts over the next few days).

Grats to all the top placers! It was kind of cool to see a bow user place number 1, as that's the first time I've seen a streamer using them.
#38! Thanks to the guys we grouped with for the last two days including THE_LEADER and pouxion, and RIP Grindis

I did a life version of the Matriarch witch

Fun times!

Here is some of the gear I was using during the race. I couldn't get a curse immunity roll on my jade flask.

On day 5 our team was on top and I decided to respec about 12 damage nodes (from mostly ranger tree area) into more life, mana and chaos res. The crazy Highborn Bow allowed me to still have decent damage even while using item rarity and culling strike in my 5 link for split arrow. This is an etup style not dying build where I could take a large amount of damage and still be able to play when I am very sleepy. To prevent a corrupting blood sleeping death I would shoot arrows while focusing on the lower left of my screen and wake up more if I saw that my life was going down.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FLQguDkgRlhUgGNsZihmOGo8c3B2qHpQhYCLqI_YkPCU_J6kppSpNLOktgzGeNZI64T8nQKBBh0ZxSVFKfUrITeNOKlYtVvpaSFptW69f4WBLYqxnoGskbBZuqm-ecLt07XTxeu99dX_Ggh6DCYPbhTKHdojxkyeV6ZcGm42btZ2qnrmio6ZXpzSnXKw_rFmsf7QMtBq18rc-u-PB88M6xKLKSs5x037WndkT2wvcV90N4Yjiy-dj7YPuDu967_DxdvJF9tr56PsJ_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

With this build my split arrow was linked with item rarity culling strike faster attacks chain and had 2.3k dps with auras/charges at the end of the race. My frenzy was at 10k with auras/charges. Frenzy was linked with faster attacks, mana leech, weapon ele and added fire dmg.

During tests and using dps gems/gear I was able to get the split arrow to around 4k+ with increased crit dmg/weapon ele, but decided to keep magic finding until the end with 200+ rarity. With over 4k damage on chain I was afraid of dying to reflect and keeping the item rarity/culling gems in paid off big later. I had 250+ with the Auraseize gloves on most of the time, but on day 5 I decided to take them off in favor of damage/life/resist gloves.

I culled 2 Auxiums, 2 Aegis Auroras, Rainbowstrides and tons of other great uniques/rares during the race for our team that definitely gave us a huge advantage in gear over other teams.

Thanks to everyone on my team in the Exiles Guild and the people that helped me along the way. I love you all so much!

Last edited by dumptruckboss on Jan 25, 2014, 12:23:00 AM
So... let me get this straight. I was playing the race for getting points for the cheap ring (7 points) I didn't get too far since I dont have much free time to play. I was being realistic, SO as far as I have read in this thread, It seems like I'm getting nothing? only the top 20 or so get rewarded? I got to level 38 marauder, not much, but men I was expecting at least 7 friggin points... sigh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info