Frenzy / Cleave DW Duelist Build

Loving the build so far.

Is there a reason to get life regen?
I'm just weighing the benefits of 1.8% per second for three nodes even if they are along the way.
1000 hp = ~20hp per second.

Especially when taking life leach and life gain on hit gems into consideration. Just a thought.

This is what I had mapped out.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABS0OrRHVFFIUdRcdGNsb-iFgJd8otSmlLIUyCTSTOlI67UCgQ5xHfkp9U99VqVYEV5dY21oaW69gQWBLYIhhUmNwZU1noHTtdPF674TZhO-GYId2l7SZK5stm4OeuZ_LpBmsur6nypDdDd-_707v4_zF
GMT -7:00 PST
Last edited by nosl1w on Jan 26, 2013, 9:59:51 AM
"
nosl1w wrote:
Loving the build so far.

Is there a reason to get life regen?

Life Regeneration in general is just useful for a melee build since we're unlikely to be based around energy shield. Moreso for my build because we've invested into Blood Magic so we're spending life just to use skills; in that way it works similar to mana regen would without Blood Magic. It's even more important that than though, since life is serving double time as a resource to survive.
I'm also wondering, what kind of gear and stats should I opt for the most?
"
Marineux wrote:
I'm also wondering, what kind of gear and stats should I opt for the most?

Life, resists, attack speed and damage are the big ones. Elemental damage is actually pretty strong with Cleave due to the mechanics; Cleave uses both weapons when dual wielding and applies a 40% damage penalty to both hands to offset this, however flat elemental damage is not reduced in this step. That means all the flat elemental damage bonuses from both hands apply in full to the total Cleave damage. Plus, since we're attacking extremely fast (I'm already over 3/s with only 3 Frenzy charges at 47) flat bonuses become extremely strong. Similarly life on hit bonuses are actually pretty potent with Cleave and certainly outperform life leech bonuses. I'm not sure if that will remain true come endgame and maps but it helps a lot while leveling since life on hit support gem is easier to obtain.
Sounds quite nice to be honest. Which weapons should I opt for, are there any special ones such as one handed swords/daggers or is there something else to it?
"
Marineux wrote:
Sounds quite nice to be honest. Which weapons should I opt for, are there any special ones such as one handed swords/daggers or is there something else to it?

The build requires either swords or axes, since Cleave is restricted to those two weapon types and makes up the bulk of our damage. Unless you invest into a weapon specific node, any of these weapons will work fine; I use swords personally because I enjoy Whirling Blades, but even then so long as one of your weapons is a sword that skill will activate. If you wind up with dual axes, switch to Leap Slam for your mobility skill. I think a lot of players will prefer Leap Slam since it allows you to change height levels without having to find stairs, which is very useful.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Marineux wrote:

The build requires either swords or axes, since Cleave is restricted to those two weapon types and makes up the bulk of our damage. Unless you invest into a weapon specific node, any of these weapons will work fine; I use swords personally because I enjoy Whirling Blades, but even then so long as one of your weapons is a sword that skill will activate. If you wind up with dual axes, switch to Leap Slam for your mobility skill. I think a lot of players will prefer Leap Slam since it allows you to change height levels without having to find stairs, which is very useful.

I haven't actually tried Leap Slam before but since I don't mind doing a little extra I think I'll personally go with the swords. Seems a lot more beneficial to me.
t
GMT -7:00 PST
Last edited by nosl1w on Jan 26, 2013, 11:25:07 AM
"
nosl1w wrote:
In addition to my question above, is there a reason you don't get any armor nodes to augment iron reflexes? Thanks!
\

Per the regen nodes: The 1% node is efficient enough that I take it, but the 0.4% nodes are bad and should be ignored. Once you have 2.5% total from the 1% and the 1.5%, even one of the 8% life nodes should add around as much regen as a 0.4% node while simultaneously giving you more total life.

As for armor, I have 6 armor nodes in my build, but they are the normal armor and not the Leather and Steel nodes. Leather and Steel is not efficient once you take Iron Reflexes because the evasion rating bonus doesn't apply (Iron Reflexes removes the evasion rating it would have multiplied).
"
Wallach wrote:
I'm uploading a video of what it's looking like in Cruel A2 right now, just to give people an idea of the pace and effectiveness of the build at this point in the game. You really pick up a ton of steam when you can support Frenzy and Warlord's Mark via Blood Magic, and the speed of the build is really fun.

Please, post the link, I'm interested! Thx =))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info