GameSpot PC Game of the Year and new Microtransaction Videos

well deserved!
Congrats GGG! You deserve it!!!

Z.
"
Zyjax wrote:
Show us something about Charged Blast please, even if just a screenshot. X.x

If you want to see charged blast, go look at Conqueror Wurm in hedge maze. All the current skill gems are coming from the new monster abilities... e.g. Barrage = skill those little chickens have in the tower.

Also, while im posting.. any chance of some work on the ladders?

Would be nice to show more than 15,000 or, have a filter to exclude dead characters.

Chris replied to this question during the Raptr event for the launch, saying "its a technical issue - and he would look into it"

If not, how about a number listed on the account screen showing where each character ranks.

(As a programmer myself, i appreciate that maintaining a list of top x characters ordered by xp will be difficult, every mob kill on those characters means a comparison check against the current list, do they move up, stay the same, update the exp total and so on - and having dead characters on there is a massive performance improvement as quite clearly, they never move again.
Surely, putting the ladder tables into a separate DB means they can be performance controlled separately, and then you simply set up an SQL server agent job to run at whatever time interval you select, select top 15000 charname, charexp, level etc.. from livechardb order by charexp desc and then insert them to the ladder tables in the separate db.
The only reason I say this, is because it looks like you are displaying the ladder from the live character tables, which imvho is a bad thing.)

Thanks,
Morgal

P.S. There may be good reasons for the design architecture you have, simple league creation / deletion etc, but I was sorta hoping that each league was stored in its own DB, and that you change the connection to the DB depending on which league the character is in. Anyway.. enough said, love the game and congrats on the award.
Congratulations GGG!!

you deserve it.

"
Pibadi wrote:
Some one get a ban for this :D Guess who?

I will most likely. But guess what? I don't care. I speak my mind when I think I need to.
"
Scyo wrote:
"
Pibadi wrote:

I will most likely. But guess what? I don't care. I speak my mind when I think I need to.

you sure got a filthy mouth for someone who wants to come off as smart and educated hahaha
GZ GGG! RLY DESERVE IT! AND MUCH MORE!
And you guys whos talking about mtx...u r so filthy, stop it please
No santa's hat for xmas? :D
"
"
Scyo wrote:
"
Pibadi wrote:

you sure got a filthy mouth for someone who wants to come off as smart and educated hahaha

Not sure why your post was deleted, but as i see now - looks like the time when the game was "community oriented" and "open to criticism" are gone.
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
Too bad nobody used totems anymore or Im sure many people would buy the new skin... RIP Spork
IGN Ken__Kaniff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info