Finding Names for your Characters - List of Resources

Updates:

Fantasy Name Generators and Lists:
Cleric Name Generator by The Story Shack (Sanctum League)
Cleric Name Generator & Guide by Codex Nomina (Sanctum League)
Random Cleric Names Generator (Sanctum League)

- bit of a hit or miss, but some really good results, too.

Real World Names:
Names that mean „Pious“ (Sanctum League)

History:
List of Religious Titles and Styles (Sanctum League)

This is basically a treasure trove, lots of work put into this.
Thank you very much. :)
Thanks! :)
Updates:

Fantasy Name Generators and Lists
Titan Name Generator based on Greek names (with translation) (Crucible League)
Warhammer 40k Imperial Knights & Titans Name Generator (Crucible League)
625+ Catchy and Cool Titan Names (Crucible League)
List of WoW Titan Names (Crucible League)
WoW Titan Name Generator (Crucible League)

Mythological Creatures
Greek Mythology Character Name Generator (Crucible League)

Happy Tree Frie-, er, Forging. :D
Of course, there is that classic name associated with the forging arts:

Spoiler
Smith.

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I usually make it simple. CT_ then what ever name amuses me. I am in the habit to delete and recreate characters again, typically with the same name if they are pretty similar.
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
An anecdote relating to the naming of a character:

I was watching a YouTube video about the veneration of cats in ancient Egypt (which wasn't a constant state of affairs in Egyptian society, so much as a consequence of an evolving mythology), when I heard mention of a cat deity of whom I had never heard before, Mafdet. She had been an older member of the pantheon, but had fallen out of favor, eventually replaced by Bastet.

That wasn't much to go on, so I did some additional research. Turns out Mafdet was the guardian of Osiris, who, according to the story, was killed and dismembered by Set. Well, bad enough that Mafdet had failed as Osiris' guardian, but her intimate relationship with Set would've made her positively suspect. I dunno who was responsible for writing these Nilotic soap operas, but Mafdet had to go if Osiris was to end up in pieces.

Thus was born Mafdet The Disgraced, a claw-wielding Scion. Sometimes all you need for a good name is a good story. =^[.]^=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info