Finding Names for your Characters - List of Resources

"
crunkatog wrote:
Please remember to use good taste - when in doubt, leave it out.

+1 =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
In this regard: please also remember that folks, especially e.g. Europeans , might be familiar with more languages than you might think. I actually removed a person from my friends list once for cycling through a roster of ridiculously puerile names for a whole day. :-D
I'm so unimaginative with my names in recent leagues: I just come up with some new variation on "SeptimaVector". Admittedly, it's mostly so global 1 knows the Prophet of Kuduku has returned again.
There Is No God But Kuduku And Le Toucan Is His Messenger. O Blessed St. Harambe Who Sitteth On The Right Hand Of Our Lord, Pray For Us Scrubs Now And At The Hour Of Our Shaped Maps, Amen.
Womp-a-lompa-boo-bump! =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
You could always create a character name from your favorite workout:

=^[.]~=
A much-needed holiday season *BUMP*! =^[.]^=
I always forget about this thread until Ray bumps it ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
It also gets bumped usually a day before a new league starts with

Updates (Science/Biology)

List of insect families to get you started on your delve down to species names. (Metamorph League)
List of insects by location (Metamorph League)
Alphabetical list of New Zealand's Bugs and a taxonomic version (Metamorph League)
Insect identification in Te Reo Maori by pictures, leading to their Maori names. (Metamorph League)

So yeah, metamorphosis is actually pretty common in the animal kingdom but since it's probably mainly associated with insects and there are more than enough species with cool names, I'll start with those. If I have time, I'll add more links for other animals later.

Have fun. :-)
If you play even a little in Standard (come at me, haters), you'll be well served to use a naming convention of some sort. I use a 3 letter league abbreviation followed by the skill and/or ascendancy. BLT_Trappy for my Blight trapper, for instance.

On that note, do we prefer MET, MMF, or MTM for Metamorph league?
"
Alysma wrote:
It also gets bumped usually a day before a new league starts with

Updates (Science/Biology)

List of insect families to get you started on your delve down to species names. (Metamorph League)
List of insects by location (Metamorph League)
Alphabetical list of New Zealand's Bugs and a taxonomic version (Metamorph League)
Insect identification in Te Reo Maori by pictures, leading to their Maori names. (Metamorph League)

So yeah, metamorphosis is actually pretty common in the animal kingdom but since it's probably mainly associated with insects and there are more than enough species with cool names, I'll start with those. If I have time, I'll add more links for other animals later.

Have fun. :-)

Hmmm... Have anything related to anatomy? =^[.]^=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info