Stuck at checking resources

if you run in administrator it works great
having the same problem now. i think it has to do with the speed of the internet. not sure though.
I'm having the same problem, EXCEPT, I have a mac. I use Julus's port to play the game, and I was playing fine for the past week or so that I've actually played the game. I even was able to play in the car on a road trip using my iPhone's personal hotspot. I have a feeling that for this reason, it has to do with the internet connection. I tried using my personal hotspot at my house to see if it made any difference, but since my phone is Verizon, and my entire mom's side of the family uses AT&T, verizon doesn't work very well in my house, so my LTE isn't very effective as you could probably imagine. But yeah, that's what I think on the subject, but there's one thing that I don't understand. I was able to play the game great at this house, and all of the sudden, whenever I try to start it up, it pops up with the dreaded "Checking for Resources". For some reason, I haven't restarted my laptop yet, and that might help, and I also haven't restarted my router because everyone else in my house's internet is working completely fine, and my brother who plays path of exile's internet is also fine, and he can actually play the game as of right now. Another odd part about this is that my laptop is right next to the router at my house, so I should have the best internet there. I understand that Macs are horrible for gaming in general, so please don't reply to this with the typical "Mac+Gaming=Trash" or other non constructive criticism like that. So, if anyone knows how to fix this, please stand up, and help the others who aren't able to play this wonderful game. I've been trying to figure out how to fix this problem for the past 2 and a half hours and I really don't feel like re downloading the game a fourth time. As I said before, if anyone has a solution, please help us out, we would really appreciate it. Remember, I have a mac so my solution will most likely be different than everyone else's, so if you have the time, please help.

Thanks,
Aulic
"Death is my brother, I do not fear him." - Exiled Marauder
This work for me;

Off your anti-virus programs.

or

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Secondary Logon > Change startup type to 'Manual.'

Remember to run the client as Administrator.

Good luck!
Last edited by junnyappy on Mar 20, 2013, 1:08:00 PM
The real issue here seems to be that there is absolutely no progress feedback on the "checking resources" screen. I know it can be kinda hard to program an accurate loading bar with percentage progress (for the entire update, I mean), but it would be helpful to at least implement a message output which tells what file is currently being updated/downloaded. Also, it should be fairly easy to implement a [downloaded MByte]/[MByte file size] progress bar so you can tell that something is happening on larger files.

Progress feedback is extremely helpful for unpatient people like me. Otherwise I get the feeling something is not right.

I hope this will be implemented sometime.

Edit: It seems that during "checking resources" the client doesn't really do any updating/downloading, he is, in fact, checking the game resources.

I got it working after running the .exe with Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility and running as administrator.
IGN: Darokh
Last edited by ironcrusher on Mar 20, 2013, 4:16:25 PM
Had the same "Checking for Ressources" problem. I deleted the Content.ggpk in the game folder and restartet the client as administrator. Works fine now, thx.
Last edited by StormEyE84 on Apr 4, 2013, 4:50:22 PM
How do you "run as administrator" on a mac? I deleted content.ggpk but it is still stuck on checking resources.
IGNs: Boslin, EmilysVermiciousKnid, Sansarya, Hathem, Rejnah
Time zone: US CST (GMT -6)
wtf with this game. "cheking resurses" about 12 hours! SSD 16GB ram Corei5 good internet... I download instaler and run it as administrator. Disable antivirus. Try to delete content.ggpk
Any other ideas? (Win 7x64)
Hey HO LET`s GO!
Last edited by 7007 on Apr 11, 2013, 3:30:19 AM
"
Fogsquaw wrote:
I just kept closing it and opening it. I'm sure I told it to start working and if it didn't I would call it names. It started working after that. The old open and close technique.

BEST COMMENT EVAAAAR!!! - made my day - made the "checking resources" wait - at very bit bearable... however... it's still checking... been 2 hours now.... I'm hoping that if i do what you did, threat to call it names and such it would work... so I'm still calling it names :D...

Help me... :(

ps - i've done run as admin, deleted the thing to be deleted, ran it as admin again, still calling it names... :p

added- i just looked around the folder i created for PoE, and saw a "log" folder that the client probably created... i opened it and it had a client "notepad" doc. i opened it and saw a second-to-second file action... of what the client is doing... it's the first time i downloaded this so given all the patches and whatnot, it'll probably take me quite a while finishing this.... but at least now, i can see progress... :D can't wait... hopefully its worth it... :D
Last edited by prokopiele on Apr 22, 2013, 2:57:49 AM
"
ironcrusher wrote:

I got it working after running the .exe with Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility and running as administrator.

This seemed to work for me at first... the log file showed the checking resources process get through quite a few files, listing them as requested and queued for download. Then it spent 30 minutes on one file.

I restarted it again and it hung up on a different file. I'll let it run overnight and see what happens I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info