Physical Projectile Attack Damage

Have any wanders tested this gem?
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
MasterCard wrote:
Serxus, Ethereal knives is a spell, therefore this gem will not affect it. You will benefit greatly from Iron Will as your 5th
Iink, if you have a decent amount of strength.

i got no benefit from iron grip on my EK... i have 162 STR but the dps doesnt change with iron grip on it
That's why he said to use Iron Will, not Iron Grip.
I am unsure if this is intentional (as it is a multiplicative gem it may well be), but it applies after conversion on skills like lightning arrow.

I tested lightning arrow with blackgleam and this gem only multiplied the 4-5% odd physical damage left over, not the base phys damage of the projectile before conversion.

It's not useful with my build, but just a heads up for those thinking about using it with non pure physical builds.
Conversion always occurs before multipliers. Converted Damage also benefits from the 'source' Damage type multipliers. The Lightning Damage on Lightning Arrow benefits from Physical Damage multipliers, because it's Converted from Physical.

When I link Physical Projectile Attack Damage to my Lightning Arrow, both my Lightning and Physical Damage are multiplied accordingly. Working as intended far as I can see. Hesitant to ask, but are you sure you're using a Bow with Physical Damage? :P
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 6, 2014, 3:10:41 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Conversion always occurs before multipliers. Converted Damage also benefits from the 'source' Damage type multipliers. The Lightning Damage on Lightning Arrow benefits from Physical Damage multipliers, because it's Converted from Physical.

When I link Physical Projectile Attack Damage to my Lightning Arrow, both my Lightning and Physical Damage are multiplied accordingly. Working as intended far as I can see. Hesitant to ask, but are you sure you're using a Bow with Physical Damage? :P

Nono, that makes sense. Using lightning arrow on a 45% blackgleam, so muchos conversion!

Tooltip on my totem says 1-2 cold damage, 101-229 fire, 31-158 lightning and 1-4 physical >.>

Just wanted to check that was the correct behaviour!

Experimenting with various dual totem RAT builds. But this one sadly seems like a one totem + character firing burning arrow is superior due to the huge damage loss on the totem gem :(
Last edited by TinyAngryCrab on Jan 7, 2014, 11:09:27 AM
"
MasterCard wrote:
Have any wanders tested this gem?

Using PPAD with Frenzy on a wand boosts physical damage as expected. If you then link in Added Fire Damage, the percent-based fire damage is also boosted by PPAD. Unlike physical->fire conversion, the added fire damage is evidently calculated after PPAD's more physical damage.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jan 13, 2014, 7:55:24 PM
It's not. Damage Based On such as Added Fire and Hatred are applied before Conversion, and Conversion occurs before multipliers. Just like Converted Damage, the Damage gained from Damage Based On benefits from the source's multipliers as well.
"
cowshut wrote:
Now the tags on it are "Projectile" and "Support".

Maybe this gem should add a "Attack" tag, even it's name already have it.

i.e. EK got the "Projectile" tag but does not effect from it, ROA does not got "Projectile" tag but still get the buff.

Agree to this.

Fix the tags.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
For ST, i dont see the point in this gem. It's worse than Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage and Added Fire....what's the point of having it reduce attack speed?

Seems like a pretty wasted gem, where it could have been beast if only they had copied Melee Physical Damage :/
Last edited by BleedLol on Mar 25, 2014, 8:08:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info