#1 DPS Righteous Fire 57-159K DPS [1.0.4]

This is a Righteous Fire energy shield based build. Righteous Fire does insane amounts of burning damage by stacking energy shield nodes and grabbing burning damage passives. Righteous Fire is your main damage source and Ethereal Knives/discharge can be used to kill totems.

My build was inspired by Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/663122

How the build works:
The calculations will be made with 90% fire resist (lvl 20 purity of fire)
The numbers will change with lower resists
Righteous Fire:
You Burn for 90% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
You Burn for 70% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage

Zealot's Oath will give your life regen to your Energy Shield.

Currently running Life/ES 1638/5292 with discipline for a total of 6930
With Ephemereal Edge Life/ES 1544/6233 with discipline for a total of 7777
For only a couple of exalteds worth, this build does the same amount of damage as a 7777 life based righteous fire build.
I would suggest using Oro's life based build if you can and want to buy a Kaom's Heart
Otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with this build

Since you burn 7%(371) of your energy shield per second(90 res) you only need approx 7% life regen to sustain it.
5.5% life regen/second from the Passive Talent Tree
4% life regen/second from Frenzy Charges
1.5% life regen/second from Vitality (lvl 17 not including increased aura effect)
Which gives you roughly 11% life regen/second converted into 11% energy shield regen/second

Now for the Life part, i have 1638 life so i burn 9%(144) of my life/second
Which is applied on my Energy Shield for a total of (515) energy shield/second = 9.7%
I burn 9.7% of my energy shield a second and i heal 11% a second

Calculations with my old stats (4 frenzy charges)
Spoiler

Life/ES 1638/5292
With 87% fire resist i lose 671 ES/Sec and heal 616 ES/Sec = -55 ES/Sec
With 88% fire resist i lose 621 ES/Sec and heal 616 ES/Sec = -5 ES/Sec
With 89% fire resist i lose 569 ES/Sec and heal 616 ES/Sec = +47 ES/Sec
With 90% fire resist i lose 518 ES/Sec and heal 616 ES/Sec = +98 ES/Sec

New calculations using Ephemereal edge
Life/Es 1544/6233
With 87% fire resist i lose 748 ES/Sec and heal 725 ES/Sec = -23 ES/Sec
With 88% fire resist i lose 690 ES/Sec and heal 725 ES/Sec = +35 ES/Sec
With 89% fire resist i lose 633 ES/Sec and heal 725 ES/Sec = +92 ES/Sec
With 90% fire resist i lose 575 ES/Sec and heal 725 ES/Sec = +150 ES/Sec

New calculations with updated gear
Life/Es 1570/7117
With 87% fire resist i lose 831 ES/Sec and heal 831 ES/Sec = 0 ES/Sec flat sustain
With 88% fire resist i lose 767 ES/Sec and heal 831 ES/Sec = +64 ES/Sec
With 89% fire resist i lose 703 ES/Sec and heal 831 ES/Sec = +108 ES/Sec
With 90% fire resist i lose 639 ES/Sec and heal 831 ES/Sec = +192 ES/Sec

With my current gear Life/ES 1329/9076 with Shavronne's revelation 89fire resist
I was able to remove completely the Marauder starting area and still
sustain RF with +83 regen/sec without frenzy +446 with 4charges
1275 total regen/sec and 829 degen/sec

IF you manage to get Shavronne's Revelation ring with my stats you would get 248 bonus regen
Including the ring you could swap out the shield and drop to 82max res and replace it with a 300-350es shield and be able to sustain the damage
i only had access to a 258 shield and my stats would be -1235 + 1214 = -21 ES/Sec

Using a Ruby flask will increase max resist by 10% and making you immune to fire damage
while having base 90% fire resist. Meaning all the regen is applied to the shield (831 heal/Sec in my case)

Passive tree Current lvl 86

Lets be honest, we might not get that far so here's a lvl 75 version

Here's a lvl 71 version depending on the gear you have this one is focused on more energy shield

Bandit rewards
Spoiler

Normal - Kill All - 1 passive skill point / Help Oak - +40 Base Life
Cruel - Kill All - 1 passive skill point
Merciless - Help Kraityn - +1 Max Frenzy Charge

Gems
Spoiler

*Searing Touch* 4L: Righteous Fire - Increased Area of Effect - Concentrated Effect - Increased Burning Damage
OR
*** If you are using dual redbeaks this must be in another item
4L: Righteous Fire - Increased Area of Effect - Concentrated Effect - Increased Burning Damage ***

*The Blood Dance* 4L: Frenzy - Life Gain on Hit - Additional Accuracy - Blood Magic

4L: Cast on Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Vulnerability(lvl 3) - Flammability(lvl 5) - Elemental Weakness(lvl 5) - Ice Nova (8/20)
OR
4L: Cast when Stunned - Vulnerability (20) - Elemental Weakness(20/20) - Ice Nova (20/20)
*** Ice Nova to activate Elemental Equilibrium ***

4L: Reduced Mana - Vitality - Purity of Fire - Discipline

3L: Cast on Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Enduring Cry(lvl 5) - Molten Shell(lvl 7)/Increased Area of Effect

The last 3Link can be:
3L: Discharge - Blood Magic - Concentrated Effect
OR
3L: Ethereal Knives - Blood Magic - Culling Strike/Added Lightning Damage(Quality to shock targets)
OR
3L: Flicker Strike - Blood Magic - Culling Strike/Added Lightning Damage(Quality to shock targets)

Gear
Spoiler

Gear explanation
The required items are:
Rise of the Phoenix: because it gives you the extra +8% maximum fire resist.
The Blood Dance: because the frenzy charges give you 4% regen and it helps generating them

Other good items to use are:
The Searing Touch: because you can use it in the offhand slot 4L or 5L(Empower) with RF inside to increase the burning damage by 70% and the fire damage.
Other option instead of the Searing Touch:
Dual wield redbeaks to cast righteous fire
But you must put the righteous fire 4Link somewhere else.
***You must be at low life when you cast it, you can heal up afterwards***

Aurumvorax: this is a not required but i strongly suggest using it since it allows you to
1) Look for High energy shield gear without resists so it doesn't cost so much
2) Use 1 or 2 Doedre's Damning ring(s) to have multiple curses on damage taken
Other option instead of Aurumvorax:
Ephemereal edge is a very nice option to increase your energy shield by 40-50% to increase your damage even more

Doedre's Damning:
While using Aurumvorax you should not need resist on rings why not use 2 of those and rock 3 curses for some extra punch vulnerability/elemental weakness/flammability
Other option instead of Doedre's Damning:
Shavronne's Revelation for obvious reasons 4% of energy shield regen/second can allow you to
switch out the blood dance if you feel like it for energy shield boots.
Moonstone ring with %increased fire damage and + maximum energy shield is a good alternative

Voidbringer: it give alot of egenergy shield, gives you energy energy shield on kill
and since you dont need to use any other spell the increased mana cost doesnt affect you
***Finally got my hands on Voidbringer who put my lvl 19 purity of fire up to lvl 20
giving me 92% fire resist (94 when i get lvl 3 empower)***

Shavronne's Wrappings (for the rich folks): Chaos damage seems to be my biggest weakness at the moment since i don't have much chaos resist on my gear and a very low health pool, so obviously this is a great item but can be dismissed if you have high enough resists on gear

Auxium chain belt: it give alot of egenergy shield and the chill/freeze is based on ES
instead of life but you need to keep an eye on those resists if you plan on using this

Rest of the gear i suggest focusing on very high energy shield values to increase your damage
and grab as much intellect as you can on gear for more energy shield

Flasks:
Perpetual Ruby flask of Warding would be the best to have 1 or 2 for curse immunity (vulnerability increased the damage to yourself by 40%, elemental weakness/flammability reduces your fire resist)
I personally like my Perpetual Ruby flask of Adrenaline since its almost always up it gives a nice movement speed boost.
Keep a Seething Hallowed flask of Dousing to dispel Righteous Fire in case of emergency and heal yourself in the process the prefix isn't that important but i like the instant healing.
The second Hallowed flask is for when i use my other attacks linked to blood magic since my life doesn't regen at all.
You could use a granite flask but since our only armor comes with Rise of the phoenix it doesn't do much so i went with the Ample Quicksilver flask of Adrenaline (3 charges - 65% movement speed)

Damage Calculations Woot Woot more Maths:

Lets try to calculate the Damage with this
Spoiler

Damage with my actual gear: 973 life / 11043 es total 12016

12016 / 2 = 6008

Talent tree: 169% damage
Spoiler

20% area damage
80% burning damage
45% DOT damage
24% fire damage

Gems: 58% damage
Spoiler

58% increased burning damage

Redbeak x2: 200%
Carcass Jack: 12%
Total: 439% = 32383 dps
32383 x 1.68 (conc effect gem) = 54403 damage second

More math woot!
On ennemy with 0 base fire resist
Spoiler

Add vulnerability curse 40% = 76164 damage sec
Add Elemental Equilibrium 50% = 114246 damage sec
Have 2 curses? no prob 34% = 140142 damage sec
Say you decided to use cast when stunned and use a 20/20 elemental weakness
20/20 Ele Weakness 59% = 159183 damage sec

On ennemy with 75 base fire resist
Spoiler

13600 flat
Add vulnerability curse 40% = 19041 damage sec
Add Elemental Equilibrium 50% = 57123 damage sec
Have 2 curses? no prob 34% = 83018 damage sec
Say you decided to use cast when stunned and use a 20/20 elemental weakness
20/20 Ele Weakness 59% = 102059 damage sec

If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask in this thread/pm me as this is my first build and English isn't my native language.
Considering starting to stream on twitch.tv, send me a pm if you would like to see this build in action.
If nobody cares i wont trouble myself to set it up so let me know

Maps mode to avoid depending on gear(i can do all these mods with current gear, except blood magic):
Spoiler

Bloog magic = impossible unless you have shavronne's wrappings
No regen = managable with shavronne's revelation
Half regen = managable with ruby flask
Vulnerability = managable with ruby flask
Chaos damage per second = Hard, need to keep an eye on your life goin down
Elemental Weakness = As long as you are overcap in fire resist this shouldn't be a problem

Resist fire, Temporal chains, Chilled ground might be annoying if you like to move fast
but its not much harder.

Heres a few videos:

Edit* polished the build and the end game tree added new stats with current gear and videos
IGN: ggnecro
Last edited by bouncer91 on Jan 21, 2014, 5:12:19 PM
Last bumped on Jun 14, 2018, 2:33:14 AM
nobody as any constructive criticism?
Big update
its kinda sad to see the only viable spell casting builds now are discharge and righteous fire....

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
This Build should received more attention. Bump for awesomeness.

(I think some formating gonna draw more people to the build, such as link the gear in the post, seperate mechanic apart from the main section, a little tips for lvl up before changing into the build, catchy title with current game version, etc)

Don't lose hope mate. Love your build. Cheap is alway nice. :D
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Nice idea, but dangerous in Nemesis/Hardcore with only ~1500 life :)
bump for RF without a Kaom's ! :-)
great guide!
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Quality Stuff Center (QSC)۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/800000

All high end stuff for the best price!
Awesome Build~

I want to try this build with Oro's Sacrifice / Flicker Strike but I doubt it would be as strong, it's a thought though..
nice job!
Last edited by NomadFX on Dec 17, 2013, 5:32:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info