GGG Post Tracker (To Better Equip You to Stalk the Devs)

give key
This is awesome!
Now imagine how much more awesome it would be if it had a RSS feed.
"
Completed 27 ChallengesXaHyPuK wrote:
This is awesome!
Now imagine how much more awesome it would be if it had a RSS feed.


On my to-do list.

Today I was actually hoping to get Twitter integrated, but Twitter's been down all day. :(
Stay up-to-date: gggtracker.com
Last edited by rz2yoj on Jan 21, 2013 6:13:52 PM
give the key, please
Awesome tool. Did you also write the function used on the freenode PoEBot? If so, tcl? Is the site itself PHP, or ...?

"
[rerouted ~]:# curl -I www.gggtracker.com
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 03:27:03 GMT
Server: Apache
Connection: keep-alive

[rerouted ~]:#


Are you polling the data via cron? Can you give us a detailed whitepaper? :D

Just curious. Again, awesome tool, thanks.
Last edited by DoomCloud on Jan 21, 2013 10:30:09 PM
Just mudak, sorry
i want a key. long wait
"
DoomCloud wrote:
Awesome tool. Did you also write the function used on the freenode PoEBot? If so, tcl? Is the site itself PHP, or ...?

"
[rerouted ~]:# curl -I www.gggtracker.com
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 03:27:03 GMT
Server: Apache
Connection: keep-alive

[rerouted ~]:#


Are you polling the data via cron? Can you give us a detailed whitepaper? :D

Just curious. Again, awesome tool, thanks.


I have no idea who created or runs the IRC bot. I considered monitoring the IRC channel and taking cues from that bot as to when to grab new posts but after watching for a while, I realized the IRC bot is missing posts. For example, it never announced Edwin_GGG's last post in the "massive news update". So maybe it's only watching Chris, Mark, and a select other few. The site is PHP, running on Amazon's Elastic Beanstalk. It is polling via cron at a constant interval, but I have plans to change this once I put together some analytics regarding GGG's post times. As a basic example, I could double the polling rate for each individual poster during their peak hours but halve it when they're asleep. I'm putting a lot of care into not putting a significant load on GGG's servers.
Stay up-to-date: gggtracker.com
"
Completed 13 Challengesrz2yoj wrote:
I have no idea who created or runs the IRC bot.

Me either, which is why I asked. I suspect you're right, it's only watching certain accounts.

"
Completed 13 Challengesrz2yoj wrote:
The site is PHP, running on Amazon's Elastic Beanstalk. It is polling via cron at a constant interval, but I have plans to change this once I put together some analytics regarding GGG's post times. As a basic example, I could double the polling rate for each individual poster during their peak hours but halve it when they're asleep. I'm putting a lot of care into not putting a significant load on GGG's servers.

No experience with Amazon's Elastic Beanstalk, but I do have a few dedi/vps boxes at my disposal. Good call on the poll interval consideration. Appreciate the response.
Last edited by DoomCloud on Jan 21, 2013 10:55:39 PM
"
barraka wrote:
i want a key. long wait


1 day, 16 hours, and 56 minutes dude. Holy crap.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info