Class Skin Transfer? I want my scion to look like a marauder.

Because its dumb? We already have full flexibility in choosing builds (that can be done with multiple characters) and now we even want class re-skinning? Did you ever hear something similar happened in every game, ever? You know why? because it's stupid idea.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
Because its dumb? We already have full flexibility in choosing builds (that can be done with multiple characters) and now we even want class re-skinning? Did you ever hear something similar happened in every game, ever? You know why? because it's stupid idea.

If its so dumb then why can't you come up with a reason? Most games allow you to completely customize the look of your character. Why is it dumb to want a marauder model on my scion?

Why is item skinning ok but character skinning not? I'm pretty impressed with the insults I've received from a seemingly simple suggestion.
Last edited by Seeders on Dec 10, 2013, 2:16:14 PM
Its an awful suggestion because there's no need for it with the ability to create extremely similar builds for ALL classes. Asking for minor cosmetic changes like hair style/color, height/weight etc is one thing but to say you want to play a scion that looks like a marauder is just stupid.
"
Seeders wrote:

Why is item skinning ok but character skinning not? I'm pretty impressed with the insults I've received from a seemingly simple suggestion.

I don't know how to explain better why its dumb when you don't see it already for yourself. And they are not insults, if I say your idea is dumb I don't insult you.

How about guy in battlefield that uses shotgun which looks like sniper?

How about barbarian in diablo which shoots hand crossbow? Or DH that plays like CM wizzard? Or pacman that looks like ghost? Or mario that looks like frog?

It's just stupid.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
"
Seeders wrote:

I don't know how to explain better why its dumb when you don't see it already for yourself. And they are not insults, if I say your idea is dumb I don't insult you.

How about guy in battlefield that uses shotgun which looks like sniper?

How about barbarian in diablo which shoots hand crossbow? Or DH that plays like CM wizzard? Or pacman that looks like ghost? Or mario that looks like frog?

It's just stupid.

How about a vaal regalia that looks like plate armor? Oh wait...

How about a flaming sword that does cold damage? Oh wait...

It's not stupid. It is completely cosmetic and changes nothing mechanically. The game and business model is already in line with the idea. It would benefit GGG with another microtransaction.
Last edited by Seeders on Dec 10, 2013, 3:26:03 PM
"
I rather have gender swap skins than class swap skins.

TMI
"
Seeders wrote:
Nobody seems to have a reason they dont like the idea?

What kind of negative effect can an aesthetic change have on other players?

I see no reason why there should be a micro transaction for skin/speech swapping and even alternative characters skins in the future.
I am surprised at all the negative feedback here. I don't see anything wrong with this idea. It's not like there are any negative gameplay effects from it, it just makes it easier to build your character the way you want while also being happy cosmetic-wise. I'd certainly use a microtransaction that lets me change my class visually to another since I prefer female characters but there's a few builds where male classes are the ideal starting point for them.
It would be really nice to have some character customization - personal gender preference aside - some armor skins look better on other character types/classes.

I'd be totally fine with a character skin/voice transfer - for a start...
Has anyone mentioned that all armour based items look more bad ass on marauder vs the rest? Especially MTX effects..

Kinda shocked everyone failed to mentioned it.

It's a freaking scam when GGG has preview videos of marauders on armour based MTX and you buy them for another class than the video gave an impression off with marauder...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info