Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Thanks for your replies Norodian.

"
Norodian wrote:
"
Altissimus wrote:
Few more questions that have come up during play.

1) What's better - a high eDPS weapon with mid APS, or a high APS weapon with mid eDPS? Just trying to see how elemental damage vs attack speed compares. Is this reflected clearly in the DPS tool tips? Those things always seem a bit dodgy.

1) The faster one.

Why?

"
Altissimus wrote:

Why?

As he mentioned in his first thread, most of the dmg comes from the auras. Attack speed will boost that dmg far more than a little extra fire dmg. So for a starter weapon(at higher lvls) a ~2aps and 1-2 high elementals is very very good.

Before I bought:

I used:

Because I thought it was "good". But switching to(for example):

I made a bigger increase than you would think. Even when I switched to a 2.11 with just lightning dmg I made a big increase from that 1.55 weapon
Last edited by Norodian on Dec 16, 2013, 6:05:00 AM
"
Musicas wrote:
Hey Mathil,

I've been playing a build loosely based off your one and got to 78 and its working great still! I was thinking about the issues of damage reduction on this build and felt that a 5L/6L Lightning Coil would be best since you're already using Purity of Lightning/Max Res. Sure you lose maybe 90 or so life but I feel the phys damage conversion into high light res reduction will give us much more effective hitpoints. What are your thoughts on this?

I think if you can still cap your resists with your other gear while wearing that chest then yea, it's probably better than a regular chest. Can't really compete with -40% physical damage.

The problem is capping your resists given you will get nothing from your chest and are down 60 on lightning. You're also losing evasion but I guess that's not a big deal since you're gaining a much better form of damage reduction.

The other thing is getting a 6L of that would be challenging. You'd have to hold a lottery (which I think are bullshit), try rolling it yourself which is pretty unlikely (still a chance) or buy one already made (best option).

I'd go for one if I didn't already have my chest and if I could cap my resists elsewhere. It would require a pretty expensive level of gear though, especially if you're still trying to keep WED on rings/neck/belt.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Thanks for helping answer a few questions Norodian.

For single target by the time you have a 6L you should be doing more damage with your LMP ST than you'll ever do with anything in a 4L. I think if you went reave/conc effect/wep ele/blood magic you might squeeze the most out or something along those lines but given you're playing what is essentially a ranged spec it then doesn't make much sense to get a melee skill like that.

I rarely feel I need more single target damage and use a culling ST with rarity in my boots. Hardly does anything but hey why not.

Without Alpha's howl I think you can still run 4 auras of your choice (3x 60% and 1x 40%) as long as you get the rest of the talents but you have to remember Alpha's howl gives +2 to aura gems so it is one of your largest upgrades available. It's actually also really nice for no freeze and reduced chill chance even as a high life build.

Also yes as I've said many times weapons are pretty cheap and don't have to be perfect or super GFG because of auras being your main damage. When you've exhausted other possibilities on your gear I think it's fine to go ahead and buy or make a weapon like mine. I only did so because I pretty much ran out of gear upgrades and the chances of someone finding a ilvl 77 perfect tri ele were slim to none.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Last edited by Mathil on Dec 16, 2013, 6:28:54 AM
unfortunately (for me) Alpha's howl is 4ex on Domination.
I'm also on Domination and you can if patient find cheaper than 4ex.

4ex may seem like a lot but make a few small sales and finds and convert all your fusings, alterations, jewelers, etc you find throughout a day and you should be able to turn 1ex a day quite comfortably. Waiting 3-4 days for what is basically half the cost of an entire build isn't too much to ask I'd say.

That said many people make faaaaaar more than 1 ex a day and try to teach you how to as well. I'm sure there's guides or threads on the forums.

Or just play the game and get lucky with a good drop, buy your Alpha's howl one day. It's not CRUCIAL, it's just really nice for the build.
doing the best I can for now. Picking up blue weapons -> Alts -> fuses / chaos -> Ex.
But it's not that fast, I'm WAY WAY under 1 ex / day :) even 1ex / week.

If you have some links to guides, let me know here or in a PM. Thx a lot.
Hello!
I wanted to do this build, but decided go for another one, so I have a fine ele weapon for sale:

240 ele dps

would ask for about 20 chaos

Didnt want to go off topic, just saw that a few of you cant find a proper weapon.
Let me kow if you are interested IGN: EllieZa
Couldnt see the bandits? what are your selections about them? :)
"
Mephist0 wrote:
Hello!
I wanted to do this build, but decided go for another one, so I have a fine ele weapon for sale:

240 ele dps

would ask for about 20 chaos

Didnt want to go off topic, just saw that a few of you cant find a proper weapon.
Let me kow if you are interested IGN: EllieZa

no offense,

but LOL.

ppl posting weapons ways better then this one, and ways cheaper (5c) and in the posts right above your (i tend to call it "scam") its explained why such a weapon you are selling is medicore for the build.

however gl selling ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info