Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

nice new shield aswell :) Things are starting to come together, now just farm farm farm for a 6L
I'm a huge aura fan, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what this build can do. I'm only level 25, but I haven't taken a single health node yet and it hasn't mattered at all; I'm kicking butt, which is really refreshing. I have a bow Ranger at level 78, and that thing was so nasty to level up. Even my ~55 Marauder didn't have it this easy.

Do you feel that Resolute Technique and Elemental Adaptation are absolutely necessary? I do enjoy not having to worry about accuracy, and most people seem to take Elemental Adaptation when they're in the vicinity, but I'm not always sure if they're worth the points.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Just wondering about the Elemental Adaptation too, I looked at what it does and still don't quite understand it. It just raises the cap of the resists?

I'm a scrub, no need to remind me
"
Blazing107 wrote:
Just wondering about the Elemental Adaptation too, I looked at what it does and still don't quite understand it. It just raises the cap of the resists?

I'm a scrub, no need to remind me

Those 2% are really really nice, and 100% worth it if ur still going RT
"
Blazing107 wrote:

Yeah... it gives you 2% more resist cap... if you have 80% resists for example and you add 2% you end up getting 10% reduction from elemental damage you take.

-----------------------

Anyways the reason why im posting is that I read about this build last night and found it quite interesting. Respecced from my Dual strike (basically never died but had to skip some bosses).

Also, I did some alterations to make the build abit more to my liking. Basically -> more survivability.

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEsxGWFE0VIBcvGYYZiho4Go8c3B2qJDwksCepJ-0ppSpNLOktgy9vMgkyiTWSNuk64TsoPC0_J0WWRnFJUUp9SshN404qVdZX4lnzWm1br2BDZOdmnmegbEZuPW6qcLtybHKpd-V82X1bfll_xoCkguSDCYbRh3aI8YqvkBGQVZLNkvOTJ5cGm7WhIqIAokCmV6dcp4SpbqxHrFmsqrQMtfK3Pr68wBrDOsSixPbGrspK2RPdDeGI42rnY-ss7DjwH_F28kXz3fT49tr60vsJ_MX-Cv6P

Basically...

a) I specced armor instead evasion. I feel evasion is too unreliable. If I really want to push for armor I just swap Haste for Determination for some situations and will be sitting at around 27k armor.
b) I use Saffel's frame for the extra 5% resist cap. Spell block comes in handy as well.

As you can see, theres still plenty of gear improvement to do like:
a) get 6l and slot in faster attacks.
b) level my q20 ST.
c) Get a new belt with life and ele damage
d) Get The Taming ring.

Only thing im a bit worried at the moment is the low'ish life im sitting at (4k). With some gear replacements and few more passive points I can get it to 5k without a doubt.

Also, my Damage is low at the moment since I dont have all ele damage pieces/my gems are low/I dont have 6l and I didnt spec into inner force. However, This is fixable with just levelling gems and getting that 6l.

Thanks for the guide. I think im going to have a lot of fun with this^_^

Cudez Approves!
This build is HC viable.
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Dec 14, 2013, 7:16:11 PM
So i've been leveling this build using fb and i can't figure out what to prioritize. OP is really high lvl so i dont know where i should be focusing my points. I'm lvl 59 now.
I'm level 67 now, with 5.2k dps without haste and 5.9k with haste. Resolute Technique is a must in my opinion. I don't have a lot of experience with characters that need accuracy but judging from the tree and from my own experiences, there's no way to reliably gain accuracy without sacrificing points towards something that isn't more useful than Resolute Technique. The passive for +2 maximum resist is also super useful, I haven't gotten it yet but it's going to be acquired quite soon.

I kind of wish I had picked up Acrobatics earlier, but I still don't feel it's that big of a deal. By the time I'm 80 I'm sure I'll have it, but for now I'm just running Grace over Haste, which I have been since I've been able to use either one. The extra move and attack speed from haste is fantastic with the +aura effect skills, but not running Grace makes me take too much damage for comfort.

In regards to armour vs evasion for this character, again, I'm not terribly experienced with non-spellcasters in late-game scenarios but I find that evasion is honestly good enough. I agree with the OP that speccing for armour would require too much of an investment in terms of both gear and skill points. Evasion from gear and Grace puts me at 55% dodge, and coupled with Acrobatics and the fact that my gear is pretty mediocre I think just relying on Evasion and Acrobatics will be perfectly fine for end-game. I think this is more of a playstyle thing though. Personally I have only died 2-4 times, usually due to not noticing puncture. The other ~30 deaths are due to desync and playing on a really old laptop :(

I have a question about LMP: does the +X% damage counteract the inherent -30% damage or does it work multiplicatively? If it's additive then I could see it being used but otherwise I still don't think LMP is better than Faster Attacks with a 4/5L chest. Swapping FA for LMP puts me down at least 2.5k dps and I just don't see how that's worth it when the hitbox for ST is so wide I almost never care about having additional projectiles.

I also had a thought, that since literally the only thing about the weapon one uses is the attack speed and +ele damage mods that could be rolled, is there any point to using a higher tier foil? Fancy Foil has 167 dex requirement which can be hard to meet since this build doesn't spec for a lot of dex nodes. If I could use a lower tier foil with an easier dex requirement yet still have a high enough ilvl to roll Infamous or Celebrity mods (+25 or +27% attack speed) then does it really matter?

Currently I'm trying to roll a blue Fancy Foil with Infamous suffix but it's not going well. Stupid weighted affix chances and RNG.
Last edited by Jazriel on Dec 15, 2013, 12:23:51 AM
This build looks nice but its not so cheap as you can imagine.

Alpha cost around 4ex, good ele sword same 4-5ex, 6L good eva 1500+ chest will cost atleast 10ex (5L will be 7+ex) and i dont want even think about that 1700eva shield price.

But still gonna try out this build anyway coz its really looks fun!
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
Last edited by Dharmatrooper on Dec 15, 2013, 1:03:11 AM
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
This build looks nice but its not so cheap as you can imagine.

Alpha cost around 4ex, good ele sword same 4-5ex, 6L good eva 1500+ chest will cost atleast 10ex (5L will be 7+ex) and i dont want even think about that 1700eva shield price.

But still gonna try out this build anyway coz its really looks fun!

was 2 chaos

10 chaos

+ the op has sayd that he played until 92-93 with 5l...

Alpha is the expensive piece and the ele damage jewels are around 10-15chaos. Althoug, I would like to add, you will want to have q20 gems with this too.
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
"
Jazriel wrote:

I have a question about LMP: does the +X% damage counteract the inherent -30% damage or does it work multiplicatively? If it's additive then I could see it being used but otherwise I still don't think LMP is better than Faster Attacks with a 4/5L chest. Swapping FA for LMP puts me down at least 2.5k dps and I just don't see how that's worth it when the hitbox for ST is so wide I almost never care about having additional projectiles.

I also had a thought, that since literally the only thing about the weapon one uses is the attack speed and +ele damage mods that could be rolled, is there any point to using a higher tier foil? Fancy Foil has 167 dex requirement which can be hard to meet since this build doesn't spec for a lot of dex nodes. If I could use a lower tier foil with an easier dex requirement yet still have a high enough ilvl to roll Infamous or Celebrity mods (+25 or +27% attack speed) then does it really matter?

Currently I'm trying to roll a blue Fancy Foil with Infamous suffix but it's not going well. Stupid weighted affix chances and RNG.

Pretty sure LMP cuts your damage by a total 30% then you gain some of it back through 20q and 38% proj damage. It's still a dps decrease by a fair bit but there's no way I'd ever play without LMP. I can't imagine how much slower the clear time would be. I used to have a 4L with single target ST for the harder stuff but since I got a 6L it's not worth doing and just use cull instead.

As weapons yea you're right there. As long as you get a ilvl 77 base so you can get 27% AS but that said I rolled a jeweled foil because when making your weapon there's a chance you roll something sellable in the physical department and on a fancy foil it is far more underwhelming.

As for price it's cheap in my opinion, and comparitivley cheaper than any other build you'll ever see. Literally all of my gear beside my boots and Alpha's howl I made myself aswell. That said a decent ele weapon is cheap as fuck, so are gloves with AS and life, same with a 5L that you chaos a few times, etc.

A basic setup should cost you no more than about 7 exalts and most of that is the Alpha's Howl. Once you get to the higher end you'll want to upgrade and yea it costs more but I was one of the first in this league clearing high maps and gear just wasn't available then. I made everything of my own and cleared up to 78 maps with about 6.8k dps on my spectral. Any more is a luxury.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info