How long does it take to level a gem to 20?

"
toyotatundra wrote:
Gems take a while from 18 to 20. Dont get stuck doing lower level content, push to highest level areas you can and you'll get them to 20. If you're doing City of Sarn, well, it's gonna take a while.

Yes, as long as your clear speed is comparable, higher level areas give more exp.
I'm guessing around level 85. I'm 83 at the moment and about 1/4 the way through level 19 on my gems. I leveled to 82 doing Piety runs and now I'm doing 70+ maps. My concern has always been clear speed over zone level. With no xp penalty to gems doing very fast Piety runs is a great way to level gems.

With that in mind, it's still a LONG grind. It's probably best not to even think about it because seeing the xp bar move so little on a level 19 gem after a day of grinding can be disheartening. Focus on getting your char to level 85 and the level 20 gems will follow.
Depends on how you play and how you grind. At 86, my gems are about 40% through the last level, so I expect them to hit 20 by 87 or 88. I spent a relatively long time in low level maps (started building the map pool fairly late, which in retrospect was not very efficient, but I didn't want to buy maps).
Some builds are extremely reliant on gem level, and for those it usually makes sense to just buy corrupted lvl 20 gems. Keep leveling your other gems for resale when they hit 20.
depends on how often you die.

you die often: your gem hit lvl 20 and your char still is 80
you do not die often: your gem hits lvl 20 and your char is already level 88

FOR EXAMPLE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info