New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

I feel this is a wonderful step in the right direction for the moderation in this forum. Thanks, Chris.
"
The mere thought of people being hurtful or hateful towards GGG staff members grinds my gears something fierce, and I am so glad that the forum will no longer tolerate that. Hopefully this will also see a rise in GGG participation in their own forum.

^^ This..
+1
I'll be interested to see how this works out in practice. I'm critical of GGG on a few issues involving design decisions, and I probably allow my frustrations to get the better of me far more than I should. I do think that while this policy change is intended to be for the betterment of the forum environment, it will be a tricky line to walk. Passionate criticism is not necessarily the same as hateful posting and enforcing such a loosely defined policy could easily venture too far into either extreme.
"
sunderkeenin wrote:
"
Gixxerdude wrote:
"
haplessG00N wrote:
Good. In game mutes also.

^^ This, I turn off my in-game chat 90% of the time now because the quality of people posting ingame has dropped significantly.. I used to always try to help people with questions but even just a minute or two of reading chat completely ruins the experience for me.

I 'in-my-own-way' can fully understand why the forum policies are being updated and I throw an appreciative nod to you caring about your co-workers/developers quality of life while on the job..

Global and trade 5055 aren't too bad. They're the unofficial official reddit channels, but as it is mostly full of redditors expect random sporadic moments of hostility and total offtopicness. You also won't get any real trading done more likely than not, but poe.xyz.is(yay shop indexers! so nice!) can really help with that.

Thanks dude, I'll check that channel out when I am in-game next :)

Just updated my twitter with those quote and I feel it is appropriate here as well..

"Always show more kindness than seems necessary, because the person receiving it needs it more than you will ever know."
Great change, the forums needed this. It was honestly painful to read the forums. I went from perusing the forums indefinitely during closed beta to avoiding it like the plague shortly after. I can't even imagine being a dev and having to read the forums.

Hopefully the forums will become a better place.
This could be a good use of a madlib style of play! Let's start:

Once upon a time a [Removed by Admin] was [Removed by Admin]. Oh that [Removed by Admin] was such a scamp, always touching his [Removed by Admin] when nobody was around.
_Slinger of <ZAP!>
I've been playing PoE for a year now, and I agree these forums have become ... I'll just use the word acidic. Any change so that I can become part of the forum community here I greatly appreciate. It's unfortunate it's come to this too when the majority of PoE players don't agree with the sentiments of the noisy QQ'ers.
"Do or do not, there is no try."
Meh, I understand the change, but it might help a bit if GGG would make good on some of the promises it has made to the player base.

Great game, has tons of potential. Many bugs and crap to fix. Seems Chris just doesn't care that much at this point IMO. Hope I am wrong and GGG turns it around, but I have serious doubts.
Good, maybe the forums will be more bearable now.
IGN: Legends

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info