New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

This is basically why I haven't been that active in the forums since open beta, too many new players who all just QQ.

Reddit is actually a better place to discuss PoE than the forums, also streamer chats are great.

Forums are more or less a way for me to show "hey I am still active here" but overall it's

a) too many posts so I don't even bother that my post will be read

b) too many weird players who either complain about anything or troll

hope these changes work, but also you don't over-censor them.
Understandable. The official forums in comparison to some other sites (like, say, Reddit, where the most popular opinion gets through, instead of the most vocal) were like night and day. Here's hoping to more construcive discussions.
I understand that this post may not get highlighted, or quoted by a specific GGG member but I my hope is that it will, perhaps in your original post, so that any user that you are addressing, may also read my post as well; again, I understand if you don't do it, but hopefully you may, because they need to see this and it's hard to find a decent reply 8+ pages deep.

Anyways..

I have been in love with this game, and it's developers since I first started playing in the very beginning of open beta. I have purchased *many* microtransactions and done my part in helping to further 'fund' the company keep this up. Many others have as well, and definitely spent a lot more than I have.

One thing you all at GGG must always try to remember, is that there are trolls EVERYWHERE on the internet. People feel protected behind their computer and because of this, they use anonymity as a shield, then they say whatever they want, because they believe they are badasses, or they believe they are the center of the world, and no one else could possibly be right/better/stronger/wiser/etc.

Most important of all, you must also remember that 99% of these people are children. Their age is irrelevant. They are children. YOU, GGG, all of you, are wonderful people, and deserve a HELL of a LOT more than you get, even from us 99%. The 1%, at the end of the day, are just another brick in the wall. YOU matter, and what YOU do matters.

I know what you kiwi's are capable of, I spent 3 years of my life in 2009-2012 in NZ, lived in New Lynn, in Auckland. Loved every minute of it, and spent the first 26 years of my life in the states, and I have been all over, and yet, NZ was the best time of my life. I wish I could go back, and be a part of your family circle/friends.

When you feel down because of the toxic people on the forums, just remember this post. I'm not alone, there are plenty more of us out there and we vastly outweigh the toxic retards that flood the forums.

A stronger and although harsher way to deal with this in the future, is to simply ban them for 1-3 days or a week, and have their 'case' reviewed by other users, like a tribunal system.

I don't post much on the forums except to bump my shops here and there, but I check your news posts daily and always read them. This one in particular struck me because I too, am getting sick of the people in this world who believe they can hide behind a computer and act like children.

If I could, I'd buy you all a coffee. Don't you dare for a minute let these idiots bother you. On behalf of all the supporters and people who love you all as much as I do, I say thank you, and ask you to not stop being yourselves.

Best Wishes,
~Daryn
Good decision.
Finally the forum policy rerolled.
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
I don't post here very often but it seems like a nice change. Should make the forums a lot better, but hopefully they don't ban/delete things that were meant to be jokes.
Meow.
About time.

Anyway, don't let it get under your skin, and even if it does there's very little that a couple of beers and a nice, friendly game of cricket can't solve.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Me likes :)

You guys are awesome!!
Thank you very much.

Don't be too scared about silencing people, you can look to forums like teamliquid.net for proof that strict moderation works.

While I'm at it, a feature in TL you should consider:

Long-time posters get a report button, and moderators reserve the right to disable report privileges if they are misused.
"
There are appropriate ways to discuss concerns like this. If you feel that the game is terrible and that our company is evil, please discuss it in a constructive way.

Funny cause its true!
But if your team needs counseling Chris, just read some of my mails out loud during coffee break!
Cheers them right up! ^_^
Exiled for Eternity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info