Path of Exile

New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

"
DirkAustin wrote:
"
"
DirkAustin wrote:
Thanks to the report feature the overly sensitive people report you for no good reason and everything you say can be interpreted as antagonizing if you dont agree with someones opinion.



Not if you are constructive about it and don't have a negative attitude :)


I dont have a negative attitude its just that sarcasm and jokes go over peoples heads online because people cant read. They feel insulted even when you didnt do anything.


That is sort of a gray area I guess. I tend to avoid joking or sarcasm anymore on these forums.

It is kind of sad it's so hard to have a little fun without getting a probation, but I guess in the end this is really a place for serious discussion and support of the game. While a lot of people don't seem to make serious discussion, anything else can easily be considered antagonizing and therefore doesn't really have a place here.

Not saying I fully agree with it all, but it's not my place to agree with it or not, I just need to follow the guidelines/rules and post seriously and constructively. Because no matter what you have to say it can be posted that way.
Later Hater
Last edited by ARPGfan on August 13, 2014 7:36 AM
"
DirkAustin wrote:
[...]

But i can play that game too btw, i will report anyone who doesnt agree with me from now on just for the sake of doing it, so everyone will get nice red probation text under their names.


You do that, Support will love you for it. snPG2hr
Cogito ergo scum.
ARPGfan, ive missed you so much.
@sosocold

"just for try, for see and for know"
"
DirkAustin wrote:
Thanks to the report feature the overly sensitive people report you for no good reason and everything you say can be interpreted as antagonizing if you dont agree with someones opinion.

They should remove the report feature on the forum.

But i can play that game too btw, i will report anyone who doesnt agree with me from now on just for the sake of doing it, so everyone will get nice red probation text under their names.



You don't seem to realize that is the master plan: to show GGG and the community what happens when every single post follows the rules of this forum. So yeah, keep reporting :). It will eventually lead to either the rules change or we at least get a massive ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨RIOT୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨.

A key topic is whether or not it should be allowed to make fun of opinions you disagree with. If it isn't okay, then sarcasm or any other way to make fun of them are not allowed.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
DirkAustin wrote:
Thanks to the report feature the overly sensitive people report you for no good reason and everything you say can be interpreted as antagonizing if you dont agree with someones opinion.

They should remove the report feature on the forum.

But i can play that game too btw, i will report anyone who doesnt agree with me from now on just for the sake of doing it, so everyone will get nice red probation text under their names.



You don't seem to realize that is the master plan: to show GGG and the community what happens when every single post follows the rules of this forum. So yeah, keep reporting :). It will eventually lead to either the rules change or we at least get a massive ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨RIOT୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨.

A key topic is whether or not it should be allowed to make fun of opinions you disagree with. If it isn't okay, then sarcasm or any other way to make fun of them are not allowed.

We have a long way to go before we can really consider removing sarcasm in rhetorical hyperboles. Especially with common keywords like "fanboys" and "hater" floating around, fueling fire even without addressing people directly.

Me making fun of other posts is a mere reflection of what is really allowed to be posted around here without any consideration for actual data. People constantly living their dramatic fantasies here don't need much work for my posts to seem harmful. I could just cite them, repeat their words, add a smiley and it would be considered "making fun" because their posts were non-sensical in the first place.

I'd actually welcome support stepping their shit up and I supplied much feedback in that respect. However I can see them holding back as my suggestions would imply much more workload for a forum not really worth the hassle. They better help people in technical issue than deflect the shit thrown around here.
Cogito ergo scum.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on August 13, 2014 4:31 PM
"

People constantly living their dramatic fantasies here don't need much work for my posts to seem harmful.


It is doesn't matter if they are harmful are not. It is enough that they attempt to make fun of a different opinion, to go against "The Path of Exile forums are for civil, constructive discussion of the game.".

Whether or not someone agrees with their stance is a matter of opinion, of course.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"

People constantly living their dramatic fantasies here don't need much work for my posts to seem harmful.


It is doesn't matter if they are harmful are not. It is enough that they attempt to make fun of a different opinion, to go against "The Path of Exile forums are for civil, constructive discussion of the game.".

Whether or not someone agrees with their stance is a matter of opinion, of course.


Basically we cant disagree on this forum, thats all it is about. We should all agree with one another and never say a bad thing about anyones opinion no matter how harmless the critique is we get put on probation because someone felt insulted and the report function was a horrible idea, its being misused constantly.
Intellect is not a cure. Justice is dead. Fear, recrimination, innocence, sympathy, guilt, waste, failure, grief,
were things, emotions, that no one really felt anymore. Reflection is useless, the world is senseless. Evil is its only
permanence.
"
DirkAustin wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"

People constantly living their dramatic fantasies here don't need much work for my posts to seem harmful.


It is doesn't matter if they are harmful are not. It is enough that they attempt to make fun of a different opinion, to go against "The Path of Exile forums are for civil, constructive discussion of the game.".

Whether or not someone agrees with their stance is a matter of opinion, of course.


Basically we cant disagree on this forum, thats all it is about. We should all agree with one another and never say a bad thing about anyones opinion no matter how harmless the critique is we get put on probation because someone felt insulted and the report function was a horrible idea, its being misused constantly.


You are able to disagree as long as the disagreement is formulated in a civil, constructive manner.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"

People constantly living their dramatic fantasies here don't need much work for my posts to seem harmful.


It is doesn't matter if they are harmful are not. It is enough that they attempt to make fun of a different opinion, to go against "The Path of Exile forums are for civil, constructive discussion of the game.".

Whether or not someone agrees with their stance is a matter of opinion, of course.

As I already said, I incline to agree and suggested much to support staff in the past concerning the overall post quality in the official forum. However it is obvious that they can't police too much for various reason, one already explained in my past post, the other being that deviants will simply ban evade and brush off any measures.

What this forum needs are subtle but effective self-moderation measures. Less arguments this way and no further resources eaten for a rather small minority of the overall game.

As of now I play by the rules of the forum as much as bearable in my personal insanity.
Cogito ergo scum.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on August 14, 2014 3:53 PM
"
DirkAustin wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"

People constantly living their dramatic fantasies here don't need much work for my posts to seem harmful.


It is doesn't matter if they are harmful are not. It is enough that they attempt to make fun of a different opinion, to go against "The Path of Exile forums are for civil, constructive discussion of the game.".

Whether or not someone agrees with their stance is a matter of opinion, of course.


Basically we cant disagree on this forum, thats all it is about. We should all agree with one another and never say a bad thing about anyones opinion no matter how harmless the critique is we get put on probation because someone felt insulted and the report function was a horrible idea, its being misused constantly.


I disagree, and quite frankly I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!





Characters/lvl:

adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
Last edited by adania on August 14, 2014 9:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info