New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

"
Merneith wrote:
"
There does not have to be any "follow up" on your end. They take the measures they do take and thats it. You are jsut reporting someone and then GGG reviews it, trust me, there are mods ingame all the time and see every word you write.

They dont keep you in the loop for a few reasons, mainly because name and shame rules and of course you could always point the finger and say "haha i reported you now you got muted lololol" and thats not something we need here.

I do get what you're saying. I agree that it's not like they need input from us to do their job. And I do say, "reported" in the chat when I report someone.

What I'm asking for is some sort of visible response so that bad actors are put on notice, publically, and immediately. Well, semi-immediately, anyway. Whenever the GM or the chat monitor weighs in.

I can report people, and tell the chat that I have done so, but the only actual effect I see is that then I get shit about it, sometimes.

I wish there was a GGG employee in the chat area keeping the peace, rather than have the reported players go right on being jerks.

Then dont say it. Why even put it out there that you have done that? Also, too much work to all the time put the info out that someone has been muted or any other having been taken. makes no sense to let you know and everyone else what they have done.

If you are being reported for a crime would you want your picture in the news and later it turns out to be someone else who did it? That is why they do it the way its being done, name and shame.

Its your own fault if you yell "REPORTED" in the chat if you have done that, its just silly. You just do it thats all, no reason telling the chat you did it. Do you also hang up signs in town that you called the cops on someone? That sounds about the same as what you do in chat. Then you get in trouble with the friends of the offender.
"

If you are being reported for a crime would you want your picture in the news and later it turns out to be someone else who did it? That is why they do it the way its being done, name and shame.

I would think the news agency is the one that should be ashamed. If they falsely accuse me of something I haven't done, they can go fuck themselves and that's that. Why should I care that a stranger formed a negative opinion of me based on false information?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Sep 5, 2014, 2:47:03 PM
Yeah, saying something like "PoE is shit and GGG are evil" is completely unwarranted.

Now saying something like "GGG should get their asses in gear and instead of fixing a niche skill gem exploit, fix the even more massive desync issues that have arisen after 1.2 and 1.2.1" is however warranted.
I just don't get how I'm supposed to know what is antagonistic to someone else.

Just about everything can be antagonistic to someone, I could say hello, and one could be offended that I spoke to them.

A lot of things that are meant as jokes and fun get taken far too seriously on this forum, it seems the mods just completely want a ban on anything humorous. Though the one thing I'm tired most of is constantly seeing other posters getting away with and being completely ignored by the mods for writing the same kinds of things that they would instantly warn / probate me for just because I'm on their shit list.

Its like they want to find any possible way that they can to make what I say against the rules. E.G. Once in game, someone mistyped 'guys' as 'gays'. Simply replying to that obvious slip up with 'lol, gays' gets me muted instantly for hate speech towards gays.

I think the mods really ought to stop spending all their time focusing purely on their shit list only, and if they are going to try and enforce such a ridiculous ruleset, then apply it to everyone. 'Oh but other peoples posts weren't reported'. Neither were the posts made be people on your shit list, you just find any reason to mute / probate them because you find it fun.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Sep 24, 2014, 2:15:50 PM
FYI I'm now reporting any post that I see which I believe violates the forum policy. If you have an issue with this, then dont take it out on me, I was told to do so by the mods themselves and I'm fed up of other people constantly getting away with things that I would be instantly warned or probated for.

I ignored this moderator request for a very long time, but that has now ceased to be the case after my 1 month probation. I will do exactly what the mods say now including reporting other rule breakers.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I got to say that I am happy that GGG is really being serious about their "No Name and Shaming" policy. They even edited posts that "name and shamed" a person whose account was actualy banned by GGG. This shows that GGG has consistency and integrity when it comes to the "name and shame" policy, which is a version of "no hateful post" policy.

(No sarcasm, seriously :) )
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Sep 30, 2014, 3:06:19 AM
so apparently just mentioning the Word RMT in a post make you edited, because the Staff think using this word is advertising it.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 3, 2014, 7:34:23 AM
GGG needs to remove this thread until they are capable of making it the truth instead of the bullshit it is.
HEY MODERATOR!!!!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/151439

This forum post about Bandit Griefing has a list of "Victims"

An even-handed application of the "No Naming and Shaming" policy would be to edit the names out, and deal in an appropriate way with the author.

I'll leave that to you, and watch to see "Integrity in Action"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info