Path of Exile

New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

"
Hilbert wrote:
...

"
Isbox1 wrote:
...


I am baffled that you guys feel harassed.

Never have I been surprised to see either one of you on probation.

And it has a reason that repeat offenders get higher 'sentences'. It's because they only seem to learn their F*ing lesson the hard way.

I have been put on probation before and I always deserved it. And don't let you be fooled by my Custom Avatar. That was a gift. My support level is neglectable. Not that I believe higher supporters get special treatment anyway. Ask Charan how often he has been on probation.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on August 7, 2014 6:53 AM
I am just saying that support is a joke. They CTRL+F CTRL+C CTRL+V a script can do the same.


I give them examples of inconsisty, that they only browse recent postings and they will never reply because their bodyguard status would be exposed.


Here is a good example:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979678#p8306170

2 weeks unremoved naming and shaming.....

Oh yeah there is a report function. That is useless FYI support ignores reports once you are on their shitlist. Perfect example is that the post is still there.
I have numerous other examples.

But once a cashcow hits the button, even pseudoreasons result in edits.

"
Ask Charan how often he has been on probation.

1 time on CharanJaydemyr for 3 days and he even evaded on Charan, resulted in that rule and he claimed it were 14 days.

"
And it has a reason that repeat offenders get higher 'sentences'.

Yeah and they can always create alts can start as whitelisted account.
Let's create some "HC vs SC Threads" on alts and enjoy the show.....
How about an Anti SFL Thread?
Really logical. Want to see people receive probations/mass edits just create threads that upset a lot of users wait till the thread has 15 pages and enjoy edits.


"
It's because they only seem to learn their F*ing lesson the hard way.

Too bad I don't give a fuck about those silly probations.
4 of my probations were related to cashcows
3 probations because support never reads context and a RMT rant became "Advocating RMT" proving my point.
Rest and firsto nes were naming and shaming some blatant RMTer(who are still RMTing)
I have personally seen his accounts on Probation more than once.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
You don't understand, he doesn't care for the probation system.

His posts aren't meaningful anymore after support edits them. snPG2hr
http://lhartikk.github.io/ArnoldC/ - Stop whining and start coding!
Last edited by Nightmare90 on August 7, 2014 11:35 AM
"
You don't understand, he doesn't care for the probation system.

His posts aren't meaningful anymore after support edits them. snPG2hr


Oh.

Yeah, I can see how bad posts could lose meaning without their insults etc.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
...

"
Isbox1 wrote:
...


I am baffled that you guys feel harassed.

Never have I been surprised to see either one of you on probation.

And it has a reason that repeat offenders get higher 'sentences'. It's because they only seem to learn their F*ing lesson the hard way.

I have been put on probation before and I always deserved it. And don't let you be fooled by my Custom Avatar. That was a gift. My support level is neglectable. Not that I believe higher supporters get special treatment anyway. Ask Charan how often he has been on probation.


My beef isn't that I take probation - except this last one which truly was out of left field for me since I've been on my best behavior for several months now.

My beef is the inconsistencies in moderating. When I look at the majority of stuff that gets said to me as antagonistic, insulting, flaming garbage only to see it get edits - pages and pages of people getting lax "slap on the wrist" edits... it feels like an endorsement of behavior. It's a massive double standard to hold only ME accountible to following the rules. When I don't even come near the edge of that indistinguishable line in the sand... that completely obscure, never fully outlined or ACTUALLY defined nebulous line in the sand - I take a massive probation. Every time, Sneaky. Every time.

But then they allow others to literally call me a "f'ing idiot" - point blank - full word... and they just get an edit. I even captured that golden moment in their report function. I even brought that up directly with moderation - I won't name names - but I did. To no avail. That's just one really obvious one. That happens all day long around here. Posters are allowed to say whatever they want - going against this "no hateful posts" policy, and only ever suffer an edit. Then someone who on their hit list - me - responds with "white troll knight" - I mean come on... how hurtful and hateful is that - I may as well have called them "blue wonders" or "purple guys" or whatever - THEY LOOK FOR EXCUSES TO PROBATE ME.

There's a massive difference with using the rules to shield/protect, and using the rules as a weapon to damage/silence.

My beef is nothing to do with thinking I did or didn't deserve probation IN THE PAST - I did.

They always used these rules to silence critics and allow others to antagonize freely - endorsing that behavior through having a 2nd set of rules to allow pro-GGG to rip and tear down anti-GGG sentiment for them. Take a wild guess what happens to the pro-GGG person after 5 pages of inflammatory, antagonistic, flaming garbage - and what happens to the anti-GGG sentiment for posting ONE POST in responding tone in the 5 pages? HINT: 1 guy takes probation, the other gets 5 pages of edits. (That's exactly what happened my probation 2-3 months back: I left a thread up for other a day long - and these 3 guys were beating the crap out of me - antagonistic, flaming, being complete jerks just to spite me - never writing a single logical response - all emotionally driven simply to attempt to belittle me - and after over 12 hours, multiple reports, NOTHING HAPPENS... no edits... no nothing... I finally show a crack in my shell, and respond more aggressively - BAM - INSTANTLY - like they were sitting there WATCHING that develop... probation for me, edits for them. Set ups like that make me think the mods use alts to try to rile people up just to probate them.)

It takes EXTREME CASES for some people to get a probation around here and others are just handed out like candy... bat of an eyelash.
Last edited by Isbox1 on August 7, 2014 1:18 PM
@sosocold

"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by jdilly23 on August 11, 2014 8:04 AM
Thanks to the report feature the overly sensitive people report you for no good reason and everything you say can be interpreted as antagonizing if you dont agree with someones opinion.

They should remove the report feature on the forum.

But i can play that game too btw, i will report anyone who doesnt agree with me from now on just for the sake of doing it, so everyone will get nice red probation text under their names.

Intellect is not a cure. Justice is dead. Fear, recrimination, innocence, sympathy, guilt, waste, failure, grief,
were things, emotions, that no one really felt anymore. Reflection is useless, the world is senseless. Evil is its only
permanence.
"
DirkAustin wrote:
Thanks to the report feature the overly sensitive people report you for no good reason and everything you say can be interpreted as antagonizing if you dont agree with someones opinion.



Not if you are constructive about it and don't have a negative attitude :)
Later Hater
"
"
DirkAustin wrote:
Thanks to the report feature the overly sensitive people report you for no good reason and everything you say can be interpreted as antagonizing if you dont agree with someones opinion.



Not if you are constructive about it and don't have a negative attitude :)


I dont have a negative attitude its just that sarcasm and jokes go over peoples heads online because people cant read. They feel insulted even when you didnt do anything.
Intellect is not a cure. Justice is dead. Fear, recrimination, innocence, sympathy, guilt, waste, failure, grief,
were things, emotions, that no one really felt anymore. Reflection is useless, the world is senseless. Evil is its only
permanence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info