Path of Exile

New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

Hint, jokes at other peoples expense are rarely friendly, but neither hateful.

Hate speech means incitment to violence or planning violence through speech, at least in UK laws, not merely taking the piss out of other people.

(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
You are talking about Hate preaching.

Some supporters bend the hateful posting rule.

1 vulgar word is enough to get parts/the entire posting removed.

Support doesn't take those threads into context.

Some US Americans got a "patriotic 'Murica #1" culture. With context it's only mocking a trait existing part of the culture.

Same thing would be tourists from Rus, Ger, Uk or Jap.
The German Oktoberfest.
Football obsession as national sport in the EU.
Ice Hockey obsession in nordic countries etc.

Those are cultural references.

But support considers them on the same level as threads working on prejudices.
Blacks, Jews, Muslims, Asians, German Nazis etc.

Support doesn't differ between prejudices and cultural references.

Cultural references is stuff some citizens are even ashamed about in their country.

Without being betrayers there are US citizens who are ashamed of uneducated "Murica #1" residents using a conferedated stats flag.

Same thing goes for the only being popular in South East Germany. There is a similar event popular in West Germany named Carnival with less alcoholics being involved.

Same goes for sport obsessions in their national sport. Read some articles on countries losing against nobodies in that sport or dropping out of a tournament.
France at the football worldcup 2010 for example resulted in headlines like "France surrendered worse than 1940 against Nazi-Germany" similar at ice hockey when Finland lost against Denmark in Icehokey during a European Icehockey Cup, when everybody predicted they would go against the eternal rival Sweden in the final.
But the headlines had several war references.

And you can be certain that there are people not being proud of a part of the tourism culture of certain countries.
If Sarah Palin were in charge ....

Glenn Beck, the outstanding US citizen.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 20, 2014 7:21 PM
"
lolozori wrote:
you know what the problem is right? politically correct.

You have/had one or 2 white knights complaining about words/opinions/attitude, and now GGG staff decided those people are right to feel offended and need protections, like if they are 6 year old kids.

Staff erasing whole post just for one word, even used out of context, staff erasing opinions just because it could potentially or maybe hurt someone/something/ggg staffs.

I have been painting my all life and exposed my art in galleries with people calling my works" piece of shit" and I never complain about it because I know this is what append.

But people are so sensible those days they can t act like adults and they take it all personal.

That s a lack of maturity... strange for a game with mature content/ mature visuals.

QFT. This forum policy is totally shit.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
Ya!!! I Agreed..

Even Don't Post a Spams.

If Anyone post a spam will be ban as permanently.
Your rights end where my feelings begin!
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
Little feedback:

I am seeing many posts edited rather than simply deleted. +1 thanks
Good vaal orbs : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/840813
Bad ones : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/812199
Why? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/854397(I got an answer)
Just wanted to give a big thank you to GGG for toughening up their policy. I rarely even delve into the forums and I always have global chat off because I can't stand all of the unreasonable bickering that people engage in. These toxic community members are fostering a highly unproductive attitude which prevents legitimate discussion from even taking place. I've almost completely checked out of any contact with this community because of these issues, but hopefully this more active policy by GGG well help things a bit.

Thanks for all your hard work, GGG!
"
"
lolozori wrote:
you know what the problem is right? politically correct.

You have/had one or 2 white knights complaining about words/opinions/attitude, and now GGG staff decided those people are right to feel offended and need protections, like if they are 6 year old kids.

Staff erasing whole post just for one word, even used out of context, staff erasing opinions just because it could potentially or maybe hurt someone/something/ggg staffs.

I have been painting my all life and exposed my art in galleries with people calling my works" piece of shit" and I never complain about it because I know this is what append.

But people are so sensible those days they can t act like adults and they take it all personal.

That s a lack of maturity... strange for a game with mature content/ mature visuals.

QFT. This forum policy is totally shit.

There is a difference between mature content and mature people. Gamers tend to be immature (not all of course) and gamers are 90% male. So you got a bunch of kids with hormones flaring up that make dumb as hell comments and jokes without regards to other peoples feelings.

Now people throw around the word retard a lot. Is that still OK to say if you know someone in the chat/forum is mentally handicapped? No it is not.

Get some manners and quit crying about how GGG handles bad behavior.
Intellect is not a cure. Justice is dead. Fear, recrimination, innocence, sympathy, guilt, waste, failure, grief,
were things, emotions, that no one really felt anymore. Reflection is useless, the world is senseless. Evil is its only
permanence.
"
DirkAustin wrote:
There is a difference between mature content and mature people. Gamers tend to be immature (not all of course) and gamers are 90% male. So you got a bunch of kids with hormones flaring up that make dumb as hell comments and jokes without regards to other peoples feelings.

Now people throw around the word retard a lot. Is that still OK to say if you know someone in the chat/forum is mentally handicapped? No it is not.

Get some manners and quit crying about how GGG handles bad behavior.

It's even more mature to deal with words in an appropriate manner.
You use bad language to attack another person? Deal with your probation.

You use bad language to vent your frustration without attacking somebody? Who the fuck cares. Next time somebody is pressing forward their policy on words like retard or rape, I'll break some necks. There is nothing more bipolar and self-righteous than this shit.
Cogito ergo scum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info